Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Pre-Check is awesome. Totally worth the $100 and couple minutes it took to get it done.
    The thing is you shouldn't need to pay an extra $100 to be expediated through the process. The process should take a normal amount of time, not 1.5-3 hours like we're seeing lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'm sure you were told to be there 2 hours early like everyone else is, not 90 minutes early. Don't blame the Tsa because you can't show up on time. This is the world we live in because of terrorism and politics, better adjust to it, because it isn't going to adjust to you.
    Or show up an hour before your flight because you got the pre-check.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rlines-flight/

as long as security has time for such silly behavior, your plane will always leave without you more often than not.
    Lets hope he sued that cunt for harrasement.
    A dumb fuckwit like that should not be allowed to leave her home without supervision.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    When the hijacking of a plane has the potential to give one person the ability to kill thousands, it MUST be subject to security. To fail to do so is woefully ignorant, and puts any deaths on your hands. What I mean to say is, if you're letting someone board what can be turned into a weapon, its your duty to make sure that they don't. I don't believe that is subject to debate.

Now, if the TSA themselves and their methods come into question, thats fine. If you have suggestions for improvement, awesome. But just suggesting their removal is a bit absurd.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's also not forget tsa stealing your belongings or even going as far as groping your dick if your really hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    You're making the assumption that the TSA is supposed to actually catch terrorists and/or make people (feel) safer. If its purpose is instead, establish a massive, intrusive and uncaring security bureaucracy, and to make the public accustomed to dealing with a such a bureaucracy, then it's a great success.
    The TSA exists so that the next time there is a terrorist incident on an American airline (god forbid), whatever Administration is in power at the time will be able to march up the head of the Department of Homeland Security in front of microphones, be it in a press conference or in front of congress and say "we did everything we were legally allowed to do. It wasn't our fault!".

It's one part industrial-scale ass covering, one part security blanket for flip flop wearing Trumpkin-kind (you know what I'm talking about). Every time you take shoes off at your airport, it is basically for the benefit of the career and reputation of that future DHS secretary and for peace of minds of idiots.

I got a fricken water bottle through customs the other day by accident (it was in my backpack). Unless an airport x-ray machine has some way to tell the chemical contents of the bottle in real time while it passes through, it could have been anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    Let's also not forget tsa stealing your belongings or even going as far as groping your dick if your really hot.
    Guys need to man up about getting patted down. Like I don't get that. Open you arms, 10 second pat down. Big f'n deal.

They do it at strip clubs for fucks sake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I got a fricken water bottle through customs the other day by accident (it was in my backpack). Unless an airport x-ray machine has some way to tell the chemical contents of the bottle in real time while it passes through, it could have been anything.
    I've noticed TSA has gotten SUPER lazy about all this stuff. Not that it really mattered in the first place, but in the years following 9/11 they were insanely strict and searched every fucking thing and confiscated tons of shit.

Now it's just an overpriced incompetent agency. Not that it was ever anything else, it's just even more so now.

Seriously, though, read Cracked's article on the TSA. For as much as people think cracked is a joke site, a lot of its articles are genuine. Theirs is an analysis of the TSA by an Israeli security expert who dealt with failed bombings on a weekly, sometimes basis.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reason...s-perspective/
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Port Authority Warns TSA It Will Be Replaced By Private Security Force Over Long Lines At Airports.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/...rity-airports/
    Well LaGuardia is the worst airport in America. One of the best infrastructure improvements ideas of the last decade is the recent plan to just bulldoze the place and build an all new one, rather than retrofit it, like they did Logan. Logan, by the way for people who haven't been there, is a fucking sham from top to bottom. The contrast between Pittsburgh or Orlando airport and Logan is a joke.

Delays will go down across the North East just because that shit show will be a pile of rubble and replaced with something organized to modern requirements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've noticed TSA has gotten SUPER lazy about all this stuff. Not that it really mattered in the first place, but in the years following 9/11 they were insanely strict and searched every fucking thing and confiscated tons of shit.

Now it's just an overpriced incompetent agency. Not that it was ever anything else, it's just even more so now.

Seriously, though, read Cracked's article on the TSA. For as much as people think cracked is a joke site, a lot of its articles are genuine. Theirs is an analysis of the TSA by an Israeli security expert who dealt with failed bombings on a weekly, sometimes basis.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reason...s-perspective/
    Well TSA is better than what it replaced, which is another say a 2 out of 10 is better than a 0 out of 10.

I wouldn't undo the TSA in favor of what existed previously. And it's not like it's particularly expensive in the big scheme of things.

It's just hilariously ineffective and for all the intent of managment, very poorly organized day to day at airports.

The TSA agent shortage though, is very simple: spending cuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    The TSA exists so that the next time there is a terrorist incident on an American airline (god forbid), whatever Administration is in power at the time will be able to march up the head of the Department of Homeland Security in front of microphones, be it in a press conference or in front of congress and say "we did everything we were legally allowed to do. It wasn't our fault!".

It's one part industrial-scale ass covering, one part security blanket for flip flop wearing Trumpkin-kind (you know what I'm talking about). Every time you take shoes off at your airport, it is basically for the benefit of the career and reputation of that future DHS secretary and for peace of minds of idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys need to man up about getting patted down. Like I don't get that. Open you arms, 10 second pat down. Big f'n deal.

Yea but if you found out you being grabbed like that by someone who was interested in you for more than security but you are not, that kinda changes the perspective.

the strip club you pay for and are entertained by women.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    Yea but if you found out you being grabbed like that by someone who was interested in you for more than security but you are not, that kinda changes the perspective.

the strip club you pay for and are entertained by women.
    So basically, you agree with a stupid knee jerk "solution" proposed by the OP just because of a extreme outlier that is so incredibly rare...?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So basically, you agree with a stupid knee jerk "solution" proposed by the OP just because of a extreme outlier that is so incredibly rare...?
    I don't seem to state that I agreed with the Author of the post I just simply said let's not forget that Tsa has also done those said examples. And then Skroe was saying man up and deal with another guy grabbing your dick because he thinks your hot and isn't for security purposes.

I always liked that all it took was ONE guy. one guy with a failed bomb attempt in his shoes.. and now we ALL have to take off our shoes.

I feel like somebody should try and blow a plane up with an explosive bra..
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Disbanding the TSA is considered a "stupid knee jerk solution?" Interesting, considering its creation seemed to spawn out of a knee jerk reaction. I'd say disbanding it would make logical sense.

Deleted
    USA airport security, prior to 9/11, was just fine. On the day of 9/11, security was just fine.

The 9/11 hijackers did not have bombs, guns, or knives. They had box cutters. BOX CUTTERS!!!!

The TSA was a completely unnecessary OVERREACTION to the events of 9/11. The only real sound action was the addition of US Marshalls on flights.

The countless and continued security breaches that happen daily (such as the one you mentioned) are proof positive that the TSA is nothing but complete overreach by the US government.

All we need is metal detectors, just like before.

Don't you find it to be ludicrous that you cannot travel with a liquid but as long as you put it in a zippy bag, you can? And should you travel with a liquid (such as cologne) and it is not in a zippy bag - and they throw it away at the check in line - aren't they in effect accusing you of being a terroist? After all, they assumed your open container COULD have some nefarious chemical in it! Yet, they just throw it away and let you go on your merry way.

FUCK the TSA!

10+ Year Old Account

They even throw in a lap dance for an extra tip
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...0LnjY2NB11gg72

In before someone says those travelers are stupid for not arriving 4 hours early.

I find it kinda weird that you regard the TSA as obviously just a set of sinecures and CYA for useless "security" industry types, yet don't really seem to have any problem with that. Personally, I'm not super excited about spending billions of dollars so useless bureaucrats don't have to be held accountable for their uselessness.

Deleted
    They swabbed your hands with a little cloth and the stuck it in a trace chemical detector. This thing.

Entire procedure takes 90 seconds. How is it 'ridiculous'?
    It actually takes 20 seconds at most since they do it along while checking your handbags and such..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    The thing is you shouldn't need to pay an extra $100 to be expediated through the process. The process should take a normal amount of time, not 1.5-3 hours like we're seeing lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Or show up an hour before your flight because you got the pre-check.
    And if they wouldn't do the checks and shit got through people would bitch about there not being security.

If people are gonna bitch either way, better to cover your ass in the process with some false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I find it kinda weird that you regard the TSA as obviously just a set of sinecures and CYA for useless "security" industry types, yet don't really seem to have any problem with that. Personally, I'm not super excited about spending billions of dollars so useless bureaucrats don't have to be held accountable for their uselessness.

It's because everyone involved is in a no win scenario.

Whats the honest truth of terrorism? That there is no such attack that is an existential threat to any country. Sure they can be horiffic and destroy thousands of lives, but even a kind of worst case scenario - a terrorist with a nuclear weapon - would not mean the end of America... "just" one city. The other 300 million Americans would be mostly fine.

Society cannot and will not admit this truth about terrorism - that it's a very low level, persistent threat that has to succeed just once out of 10000 attempts to be successful, but even that one "success" doesn't fundamentally alter the security calculus. Society admitting that this is the case is for it to say that some degree of death from terorrism is an operating cost in the modern age for society. Although to be fair, we have similar "we don't like to think about it" arrangements with guns, with cars, with drugs and so forth.

The TSA is effective enough to catch the idiots of the world who try and do stuff as well as the occasional disturbed individual. But the TSA, or anything like it, is an intrinsic losing proposition. The day will come that terrorists smart and innovative enough do something on the day the TSA slips up a little bit.

Consider the alternatives. A super-TSA that is white list only, will basically end air trafic as we know it in the US and change the face of travel and comerce back to something nearly a century old. Having no security would allow the loser terrorists and the nuts to get through.

The TSA is at best, a 70% solution, and for what it costs - which for our government budget is pennies - it's a rather cost effective 70% solution. It should be focused on casting a broad net to get the screw ups and the mentally ill. Anything beyond that is luck on their part, or a fiction. There has never been a fortification, a plan, that, a prison, that a smart man couldn't figure a way around. We can't resource the TSA enough, nor can they possibly cover every concievable avenue.

But we can't say that like that. So we have to engage in this fiction that the TSA is a 99.9999999% solution instead of a 70% one. Basically that's why my position is what it is. It's better than nothing because it does perform a valuable function acting as a broad filter. However to protect against motivated terrorists it's worthless, society just can't talk honestly about that little fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

It's because everyone involved is in a no win scenario.

Whats the honest truth of terrorism? That there is no such attack that is an existential threat to any country. Sure they can be horiffic and destroy thousands of lives, but even a kind of worst case scenario - a terrorist with a nuclear weapon - would not mean the end of America... "just" one city. The other 300 million Americans would be mostly fine.

Society cannot and will not admit this truth about terrorism - that it's a very low level, persistent threat that has to succeed just once out of 10000 attempts to be successful, but even that one "success" doesn't fundamentally alter the security calculus. Society admitting that this is the case is for it to say that some degree of death from terorrism is an operating cost in the modern age for society. Although to be fair, we have similar "we don't like to think about it" arrangements with guns, with cars, with drugs and so forth.

The TSA is effective enough to catch the idiots of the world who try and do stuff as well as the occasional disturbed individual. But the TSA, or anything like it, is an intrinsic losing proposition. The day will come that terrorists smart and innovative enough do something on the day the TSA slips up a little bit.

Consider the alternatives. A super-TSA that is white list only, will basically end air trafic as we know it in the US and change the face of travel and comerce back to something nearly a century old. Having no security would allow the loser terrorists and the nuts to get through.

The TSA is at best, a 70% solution, and for what it costs - which for our government budget is pennies - it's a rather cost effective 70% solution. It should be focused on casting a broad net to get the screw ups and the mentally ill. Anything beyond that is luck on their part, or a fiction. There has never been a fortification, a plan, that, a prison, that a smart man couldn't figure a way around. We can't resource the TSA enough, nor can they possibly cover every concievable avenue.

But we can't say that like that. So we have to engage in this fiction that the TSA is a 99.9999999% solution instead of a 70% one. Basically that's why my position is what it is. It's better than nothing because it does perform a valuable function acting as a broad filter. However to protect against motivated terrorists it's worthless, society just can't talk honestly about that little fact.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Pre-Check is awesome. Totally worth the $100 and couple minutes it took to get it done.
    I saw this on The TSA website:
    "Pay a non-refundable $85 fee valid for five years with a credit card, money order, company check or certified/cashier’s check."

Does that mean you pay $85 a year? or is it really only less than $20/yr?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...0LnjY2NB11gg72

In before someone says those travelers are stupid for not arriving 4 hours early.
    I watched this last night. I thought half the video would be the line and the other half would be commentary. But nope, entire video was walking the line.