Upgrade or salavage Dell Precision T3500

Father in law just gave me a Dell Precision T3500 Workstation, and I am trying to figure out what I can do with it.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160223-1728)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Precision WorkStation T3500
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A17
    Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3530 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12286MB RAM
    Page File: 2598MB used, 21975MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: 11.3

I guess the biggest thing is the motherboard and processor, the gpu is fine for the mean time, I'm only playing WoW and Dawn of War atm, and I have my ps4 and my main rig.

It has the stock chassis and I know sometimes part just cant fit into them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Whoa no one has answered you still?

What are you goals with it? If your mb can take it the most cost effective CPU upgrade is probably a w3570 which is an unlocked xeon. Not worth it though imo, not worth spending anything on it. Should run most things just fine as it is, those CPUs are still plenty powerful. Oh, you might be able to to some base clock overclocking too(if the mb allows). the 920s were not far behind the 975s in the overclocking department back when this stuff was possible. Start doing this and you might be looking at a cooler though. Dunno, it was a nice gesture but really I don't see a sensible way to "upgrade" this.

Like I said though, I have a w3570 at work and I have no issues with it's performance while "working". It is also at stock clocks so not much faster than the w3530 you have.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I will mainly be using it as a wow/sims 4/HotS/Overwatch pc for my girl to use so we arnt fighting for time. It does have a Geforce gt 720 in it already, what would be a reasonable upgrade for that, also gonna buy a larger hard drive for it, maybe 1-2 tb.