Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    one more thing

i wanted to play peacewalker, but the moment i heard Hayter voice on Big boss, i immediately turned off the console, i just cannot accept him as Big boss anymore.

Hayter is Solid Snake always has always been, him being the voice of Big boss, is just no to me

only me who feels that way?
    You know Solid is big bosses clone right? the reason hayter voices younger big boss is because thats when he and solid snake are their most identical, by the time richard doyle voices him hes a real old man and the only reason he gets his dozen or so lines from sutherland is so venom snakes identity isnt spoiled right away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'll take 15 hours of significance over 10 hours of significance and 90 hours of bloat any day of the week. 9 hours on your part just shows your failed attempt at a point- no MGS game is that short on your first blind run.

MGSV is trash compared to the entire franchise. I don't enjoy Farcry games for a reason and didn't want to play a Far Cry game when buying a MGS game. What is actually MGS about MGSV is GOOD, the problem is that is the vast minority of game content.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, the guy going to argue semantics.

Being finished on Kojimas note pad is not finished. The game was in development for 5 years, KP couldn't get all the story into the game that's on them. Maybe they shouldn't have focused on a shit amount of bloat trying to attract the Bethesda or Ubisoft gaming fans and the game would have been complete. Maybe they shouldn't have created a useless open world in a game series that didn't need it.

You are really mad, and no, MGSV is not trash, it's a very fun game and alot of people would gladly buy DLCs due to the open world aspect you seem to dislike so much.
    That being said "openworld" doesn't really take a lot of work, it's just map design. The game doesn't really have a "living enviroment" like GTA.
    And it's not my fault that you say one thing, and mean another. Kojima did finish the story, the game didn't get finished though, these are two different things which will leave a different impression once you play it.
    It's also one of reason why I'm willing to buy DLCs, because I know that the story is there and interesting enough.
    I can see that you are hurt because MGSV isn't MGS1, sucks to be you, I enjoyed the "Openworld"-Stealth alot more than anything else.

Not sure what you expected to see after Groundzero, not sure why you believe it's "bloated" either... The "openworld" you speak of is nothing more than connected mission areas and if you are telling me that you disliked the mission areas, then I guess it can't be helped, but the huge mission areas are the reason why this game (justifiably) sold so well, it's one of the few stealth games where you truely have an unlimited amount of options available to you and the worlddesign is why.

The Side-ops are the only thing that got boring after a while, but they were truely optional and you could do them whenever you felt like it.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-14 at 11:09 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    You know Solid is big bosses clone right? the reason hayter voices younger big boss is because thats when he and solid snake are their most identical, by the time richard doyle voices him hes a real old man and the only reason he gets his dozen or so lines from sutherland is so venom snakes identity isnt spoiled right away.
    no Solidus Snake is the most identical to Big Boss, and Kojima made a mistake making Big Boss voiced by Hayter

nah, the real ground zeros snake is voiced is Sutherland too, same in the hospital, so spoiling is not the reason, Big Boss should have had a different voice actor from the start, i mean when i listen to Hayter doing Big Boss in peacewalker, i feel like, oh Solid is that you? doesn't feel right

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    You are really mad, and no, MGSV is not trash, it's a very fun game and alot of people would gladly buy DLCs due to the open world aspect you seem to dislike so much.
    That being said "openworld" doesn't really take a lot of work, it's just map design. The game doesn't really have a "living enviroment" like GTA.
    And it's not my fault that you say one thing, and mean another. Kojima did finish the story, the game didn't get finished though, these are two different things which will leave a different impression once you play it.
    It's also one of reason why I'm willing to buy DLCs, because I know that the story is there and interesting enough.
    I can see that you are hurt because MGSV isn't MGS1, sucks to be you, I enjoyed the "Openworld"-Stealth alot more than anything else.

Not sure what you expected to see after Groundzero, not sure why you believe it's "bloated" either... The "openworld" you speak of is nothing more than connected mission areas and if you are telling me that you disliked the mission areas, then I guess it can't be helped, but the huge mission areas are the reason why this game (justifiably) sold so well, it's one of the few stealth games where you truely have an unlimited amount of options available to you and the worlddesign is why.

The Side-ops are the only thing that got boring after a while, but they were truely optional and you could do them whenever you felt like it.
    The game sold less then MGS4(and that was only on a SINGLE platform).

It had no legs at all after opening month, it was bargain bin sales on console versions during the holidays. Know why? Poor word of mouth.

The game was trash as a MGS game and had an ounce of the story any other MGS does. They had 5 years to finish the game and couldn't, konami should get shit on for the way they treated Kojima in the end but not for giving him a deadline that any competent dev team should make.

MGSV was not a bad game or a trash game. It was a trash MGS game. Know the difference in what I'm saying.

Deleted
    It sold more and the numbers are great. The production costs however were alot higher this time around. It's as succesfull as any other main title of the franchise.

MGSV was not a bad game or a trash game. It was a trash MGS game. Know the difference in what I'm saying.
    It doesn't matter how much you limit the range, it's not even a trash MGS game. Gameplay wise, it's probably the best, I've played MGS4, the gameplay is horrible compared to the new one. I hesitate to write is off as an opinion, because the improvements are clearly visible, but I guess when someone likes "the old games he enjoyed in his youth", and something new with the same name comes around but with a different approach, it's always hard to see that.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-15 at 08:55 AM.

In terms of gameplay, I might even rank it as the best I have ever played. It is just sad that the story didn't match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    no Solidus Snake is the most identical to Big Boss, and Kojima made a mistake making Big Boss voiced by Hayter

nah, the real ground zeros snake is voiced is Sutherland too, same in the hospital, so spoiling is not the reason, Big Boss should have had a different voice actor from the start, i mean when i listen to Hayter doing Big Boss in peacewalker, i feel like, oh Solid is that you? doesn't feel right
    This. Solidus snake is the direct clone, taking all the dominant and recessive genes. Liquid got all the dominant, while solid had all the recessive.

Hayter is a great Solid Snake VA but he never should have got Big Boss and the fact he's still pissed that he had to audition for Big Boss in MGS3 is laughable when logically the Solidus VA should have been first on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    No definitely not. Kiefer Sutherland is a MUCH better Big Boss than Hayter. I don't think I could look at MGS 3 Snake the same anymore after playing with Kiefer's Big Boss. David Hayter is Solid Snake. Kiefer Sutherland is Big Boss.
    I was really hoping Kojima had plans to bring Hayter back against Sutherland in a next gen approach for Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 to close the book on the franchise.

Basically come full circle as the "conclusion" to the series.

Another thing people need to remember is Kojima has wanted to be done with the MGS series for quite sometime. Maybe some of that did bleed over into MGSV and maybe it was a mix of alot of stuff.

Learning that the game lacked a true ending and it mainly feeling like I was playing a check list is why I stopped playing. I own the Ps4 collector edition and hope to go back to it at some point. But as it stands I can't be asked at all to play it. I never got around to beating MGS4 (I know its ending tho). But in alot of ways MGSV was awesome but also a letdown.

The fact snake barely speaks in MGSV also pissed me off. I was 100% fine with the open world stuff, What annoyed me is it repeating itself over and over. Every single mission just felt the same.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-16 at 04:37 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Another thing people need to remember is Kojima has wanted to be done with the MGS series for quite sometime.
    I've always had the impression that he's wanted to move on, but still loves MGS. I know MGS3 was supposed to be done without him. He was just going to consult, but then after a bit he decided he wanted to direct it. I think he loved, and still loves, the series and every time he was ready to walk away, some new aspect got him interested in continuing to work on it personally rather than handing it off.

I'm really dreading the announcement of MGS VI or Metal Gear Whatit Somethingeance or whatever Konami does next. The only thing I could envision giving them any possible attention is a Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 remake (Similar to Twin Snakes) since that's already basically written for whatever team is given the sadistic assignment of doing a new Metal Gear game.

I loved Act 1 in MGSV. Honestly if they just ended the game there, with Sahelanthropus being the final boss, I'd rate it higher. Act 2 was a mess, pretty much all just the same missions from A1 repeated(although the one where you kill your own soldiers after the outbreak was really emotional and well done). A shame they released an unfinished game. I liked the ending though, big time twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I've always had the impression that he's wanted to move on, but still loves MGS. I know MGS3 was supposed to be done without him. He was just going to consult, but then after a bit he decided he wanted to direct it. I think he loved, and still loves, the series and every time he was ready to walk away, some new aspect got him interested in continuing to work on it personally rather than handing it off.

I'm really dreading the announcement of MGS VI or Metal Gear Whatit Somethingeance or whatever Konami does next. The only thing I could envision giving them any possible attention is a Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 remake (Similar to Twin Snakes) since that's already basically written for whatever team is given the sadistic assignment of doing a new Metal Gear game.
    MGS4 should have been the last game period instead of just the last with Solid Snake.

The ending to MGS4 is like return of the king ending times a million, so long and drawn out but it really felt like the ending. It closed up Big Boss and the other patriots stories nicely there was no need to revisit that time period at all.

Things like peacewalker and to a much greater degree 5 only cheapen the impact the ending had and just make it a prolonged bore instead of being an epic closer like it was originally.

It's pretty clear Kojima wanted MGS4 to be the end. Which the fact he carried on with Konami's wishes is again partly on him.

You guys realize the reason you are not big boss is to explain the fact big boss sent solid to kill himself in mg, which could only be explained by big boss is an idiot, until now.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

next mgs was meant to be a remake as you said, metal gear 1, mission operation intrude n313, in which big boss sends solid snake to kill his phantom ( with a few retcons )

i was so hyped to have this, i have played metal gear 1 and metal gear 2, although the graphics are ouch, the game is really touching, esp the end of metal gear 2 where you burn the legend ALIVE, oh my god i want to see that with the awesome graphics.

burning big boss, i bet i would cry

I quite liked MGSV, but I have not played any other MGS game, and stopped after Act 1. The gameplay is fantastic, a shame that you rarely ever have to use the huge amount of gadgets that you have.

Idk, I actually rather enjoyed the game.

Gameplay-wise, while some people feel "betrayed" because you can go full rambo instead of stealthy, I think it was amazing. Very good feeling, pretty rewarding. Just with the exception that the emphasis on open world felt like it took away some depth - Like for instance in MGS3 you could shoot an enemy's radio and then he'd have to phisically run to other guards to get help / sound an alarm, or you could destroy their rations and they'd be weaker, etc. In MGS5 sometimes it seems the whole camp sets after you immediately as soon as someone sees you, without even shouting or calling in the radio. Despite that I still rather enjoyed and think it still rewards stealthyness plenty if that's your thing.

Story-wise, I was not particularly impressed, but I enjoyed the little there was of it. The twist didn't really annoy me much, partially because I suspected it, but mostly I found it to be fairly interesting. The whole idea that Big Boss isn't really as much an individual person, but almost an idea/conception. However for the most part it was just really short for a MGS game, imo. Chapter 2 especially felt incredibly rushed, and the final boss felt rather underwelming. Doesn't help that the villain(s) weren't particularly interesting, and that it felt very disconcerting that you had so much control over most things (how you play, your base, who becomes part of your team, what you research, etc) but then you were forced to watch Quiet being tortured but be unable to do anything about it. But I think really the biggest problem was a lot of gameplay was dettached from story, and it felt overall short.

What I miss:
    Being able to pick a difficulty. As much as you *can* adjust a mission difficulty by not taking followers, doing the hard version of certain missions, trying to get better scores by not being spotted, etc, imo it's just a different feeling than just re-playing the game on European Extreme (being seen = game over screen).

It doesn't help that a big part of the game doesn't really have a narrative other than "here's your open world, your building your private army and interrupting operations in this place, kidnapping people, disabling targets, stealing trucks". It's completly ok for MGS5 to be its own thing with a very different approach, and I enjoyed it for that. It just hurts replayability (and even just the initial run through it) imho when for a big chunk you're doing "tasks" that don't really take effect on the story, when MGS for a most part always had a constant movie-like narrative going on throughout the game, and re-experiencing on harder settings was fun.

Overall I think it was a decent game, very enjoyable to play, just not amazingly good as a MGS game. Not because it tried to be its own thing and do things differently, but overall it just didn't deliver as good and big an experience as other MGS games did, especially on the narrative side.