Thread: Civilization VI

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for Gilgamesh to use Ea to wipe other civilizations from existence! That is a Fate reference btw

Fully healing knights, a combo science/faith building AND a guaranteed great prophet? I almost want to use Arabia now instead of Rome.

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2016-09-28 at 07:21 PM.

Here's TotalBuscuit's initial thoughts on the game.

From looking at the streams, it looks pretty good and different enough that I won't be going through the standard strategies I used for previous Civ's. I've pre-ordered. I've seen enough on the streams to show that I'll like it.

Russia introduced. With their ability of settlers to get a free 10 extra tiles when founding a city and the free district in the Lavra, this will be a fairly powerful wide empire (if settling up north in tundra).

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    Special Unit: "The Mountie" (this unit replaces Cavalary and can only be built by Canada)

Unique Luxury: "Maple Farm" (this unique luxury can be built by Canada, adds +2 gold, +2 food, +1 culture)

but seriously, I'd be down for a Canadian civilization lol
    Special diplomacy: When using for peace Canada will always accept and say Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia better hope it doesn't start next to an early warmonger...

Meh, in Civ 5, ''tundra'' and ''desert'' bonus were very situationnal....except desert with Petra.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found that with Russia, you almost always started in Tundra, Forest and Rivers. So they were pretty strong production wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I found that with Russia, you almost always started in Tundra, Forest and Rivers. So they were pretty strong production wise.
    Tundra has no production on it unless it's a forest. Tundra in Civ5 is bad. It's one of the reasons why Russia is only mediocre in Civ5, the Tundra starting bias can fuck them pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Meh, in Civ 5, ''tundra'' and ''desert'' bonus were very situationnal....except desert with Petra.
    In Civ6, Russia gets bonus production on Tundra.... as seen in the video. If yields are similar to how they were in Civ5 (2 base yields while tundra has 1 base yield) , it would mean that tundra will always have 1 food / 1 production for Russia and maybe, if there is a forest on it, 1 food 2 production, which is the best possible tile yield there is.

If ressources are also biased in the same way as in Civ5 (tundra has lots of stone/iron/marble/gems/silver/alu/uranium/copper/oil n' shit), Russia will become a production powerhouse from the very first turn. Considering that wide empires focus on production.... you can guess how their unique trait (+10 tiles) will help them there.

Lots of "ifs" though. I wonder how frequently you'll gain Great Persons in civ6, their +1 tile per person spent seems *completely* useless. Or rather, it's not worth mentioning.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-06 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Tundra has no production on it unless it's a forest. Tundra in Civ5 is bad. It's one of the reasons why Russia is only mediocre in Civ5, the Tundra starting bias can fuck them pretty hard.

In Civ6, Russia gets bonus production on Tundra.... as seen in the video. If yields are similar to how they were in Civ5 (2 base yields while tundra has 1 base yield) , it would mean that tundra will always have 1 food / 1 production for Russia and maybe, if there is a forest on it, 1 food 2 production, which is the best possible tile yield there is.

If ressources are also biased in the same way as in Civ5 (tundra has lots of stone/iron/marble/gems/silver/alu/uranium/copper/oil n' shit), Russia will become a production powerhouse from the very first turn. Considering that wide empires focus on production.... you can guess how their unique trait (+10 tiles) will help them there.

Lots of "ifs" though. I wonder how frequently you'll gain Great Persons in civ6, their +1 tile per person spent seems *completely* useless. Or rather, it's not worth mentioning.
    Netherlands and Morocco (Netherlands as a result of polders in floodplain...let's not think about it) had innate deserts bonuses, but Petra was a game changer for any civilization starting next to a desert

Deleted
    I know, I'm just saying that Tundra (might be) = Plains for Russia in Civ6. (or even better if it has tile features like a forest). So there is nothing situational about it.

Oh, it's just that when I did a deity game, my favorite start was a desert with a river and lots of nearby hills.

Nice overview of all the civs in the game.

I have had a very tick tock relationship with Civ games. Liked 1, loved 2, liked 3, loved 4, liked 5, so hopefully this one is a love. In my opinion it feels like concept is developed in one and then perfected in the next before they kinda redraw the concept again and the perfect it again in the next. Purely personal and subjective opinion though. Also 1 and 2 are harder to use this with because 1 is the iconic classic that started it all of course, but yeah.

First secondary leader revealed. Gorgo for Greece (wife of Leonidas of the 300 fame).

And before people complain : it was widely, widely, widely complained (by enenmies of Sparta) that Spartan females had a huge share of the public patrimony and an unusual influence on politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    And before people complain : it was widely, widely, widely complained (by enenmies of Sparta) that Spartan females had a huge share of the public patrimony and an unusual influence on politics.
    Sparta didn't give a fuck how big your boobs were, just how well you could kill shit.

Deleted
    I'll be honest, I sure am glad that there's alternate leaders.

I didn't really like the first 19 leaders all that much honestly. There were only 2 or 3 I liked and since I like the diplomacy game as much as the war one, it would mean endless war unless I put those specific 3 leaders on the map with me and I choose to be a leader I don't like as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I'll be honest, I sure am glad that there's alternate leaders.

I didn't really like the first 19 leaders all that much honestly. There were only 2 or 3 I liked and since I like the diplomacy game as much as the war one, it would mean endless war unless I put those specific 3 leaders on the map with me and I choose to be a leader I don't like as much.
    I just liked the variety, especially when they were used to represent two radically different time periods in a country's history.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Against my better judgement, I preordered this because I really want something to sink some time into and these games have never let me down.

I like that cities can now be spread across several tiles. Cities in Civ 5 looked fucking ridiculous being crammed into 1 tile. Day and night cycles also look really cool.

The only thing I don't like is the new graphical style. It looks like a damn mobile game, even more so in tactical view. I guess I will get used to it and if the game is good, I can definitely live with it.