Thread: Civilization VI

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If this is another half-ass release with an extra 200 bucks down the pipe for me to dish out on DLC then no thanks. I did that with Civ V and it was annoying. Just release a full fucking game. Is that difficult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    I played a lot of Civ 5 and while I enjoyed it a lot, I still never got over the feeling that the choices many times were meaningless. For instance, building a series of buildings that gave a few different combinations of the exact same stats. I build a coffee house, I make 2 gold and 1 food. I build something else, I get 1 gold and 2 food. But other than that, what does it even matter than I'm building a coffee house? You're just mindlessly choosing things to build that incrementally fills up buckets of currency. It doesn't matter that you're building a coffee house. You never see the coffee house. You never drink coffee. Coffee has no effect on your populace. I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone else, but it's just boring after a while to take turns and not make many meaningful choices.
    I tend to agree, but in a different sense.

I really got the feeling in Civ 5 that you had to build everything eventually. You couldn't just not build a certain building because you don't want that in your city, or even in your whole Civ, and some of the building trees are really nothing more than time/money sinks. Like, why do I have to build an Ampitheater before I can have an Opera House? Moreover: why do I need to build either one at all? Oh yeah, because if your Civ doesn't generate enough culture, your borders don't grow and other Civs can fuck you over. Since when was expanding your borders based on culture? If we go by history, the borders of your nation are the lands you can control with force. That's why early real civilizations with mounted forces often had vast...but sparsely populated civilizations. But in Civ 5 you could get all the way to the 1900's and there will still be "potholes" in your civilization.

Frankly, Civ 5 in a lot of ways strikes me as a more balanced, but overall less satisfying game than Civ 4 was.

I'm really hoping, though I don't want an economic simulator, that Civ 6 can add some personality to building a nation.

I'd also like a button that will just process turns until I actually have to do something. Having to click "Next Turn" every 30 seconds when that's the only thing to do is really annoying.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I hope it's better and more complex than civ5.
    Hope this as well. Civ5 was too dumbed down. I actually reinstalled Civ4 and find it far better.

In Civ6, the idea of hidden agenda by civ and the tile needed to build a wonder are two good improvements over the previous title.

Civilization 6 gameplay — Hands-on with the first 100+ turns

Also, Sean Bean (Eddard Stark from Game of Thrones) is the in-game narrator. Here's a few examples of his work in game...

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/760883561654198272
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2016-08-04 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Hope this as well. Civ5 was too dumbed down. I actually reinstalled Civ4 and find it far better.

In Civ6, the idea of hidden agenda by civ and the tile needed to build a wonder are two good improvements over the previous title.
    The problem with Civ games is not that theyre dumbed down but stupid AI and once your empire grows bigger, tedious micro like having to reestablish trade routes, improve tiles and spam priests to convert neutral cities. I really hope theyve done something about that in Civ6.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    I saw a lot of people actually bitching about Scythia. I actually like they are bringing in new civs and especially proper civs, not post colonial nations like USA or Brazil. Or what essentially was just a different Era in Roman history (Byzantine). (Not that I am saying don't incluse USA/Brazil/Byzantium. Just saying if what essentially is a second version of one earlier civ and two post colonial nations that more lesser known civilizations have just as much if not more right to be in there.)

Deleted
    I hope these Horse Archers are not as strong as Civ5s Camel Archers.

Scythia will most likely be unstoppable otherwise since it doesn't look like the combat system has changed much.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, small bonus:

10+ Year Old Account
    "City states? You mean unguarded loot chests!" ~Barbarossa

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one excited for Saladin?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gandhi's unique ability: "Give Peace a Piece" Every time a civilization declares war on you, gain one nuclear missile (no matter the era)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, honestly did not expect the Spanish Inquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It's ok. Nobody expects the spanish inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    It's ok. Nobody expects the spanish inquisition.
    Fu**ing LOL.

I'm forced to wonder for how many more years people will get the Spanish Inquisition joke... it's been how many decades already?... but I will laugh at it every time until I'm 6 feet under.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2016-08-24 at 05:14 PM.

Phillip being the Spanish leader makes me wish they went with Elizabeth 1st for English leader.

If that image is true and Pericles is leader of Greeks colour me intrigued. I was worried they would have gone for Leonidas instead since they seem to be going away from the traditional leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Phillip being the Spanish leader makes me wish they went with Elizabeth 1st for English leader.

If that image is true and Pericles is leader of Greeks colour me intrigued. I was worried they would have gone for Leonidas instead since they seem to be going away from the traditional leaders.
    Gorgo was the queen of Sparta, so i'm guessing some civs will have at least two leaders each to choose from.

I hate how deformed every leader looks.

Deleted
    The looks of the game are growing on me more and more.

My criticisms were always based on how "cheap" the actual graphics of the game looked, don't get the critiques about how the leaders look, they've never been photorealistic before.