Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My complaint was mostly from Dying Light. It tells me it's a very hard lock. I presume there's some good shit in there. It doesn't end up like that. It just annoys me. It's more annoying also when opening a storage box or something and there's no lock and there's nothing in there. I just grumble lol
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more annoying when logic would dictate that you could just kick the door down or rip the chest open because your character would probably be bulky enough...

Take huge warhammer and smash the ffucking wooden door in but video game wood is strongest wood indestructibl!

10+ Year Old Account
    In Dying light,when lockpicking the game doesn't freeze but your screen is hidden so you can't check behind you for zombies shambling towards you Adds a good amount of risk vs reward to it.

I like it personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's quick to unlock though, if you learn how to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    In Dying light,when lockpicking the game doesn't freeze but your screen is hidden so you can't check behind you for zombies shambling towards you Adds a good amount of risk vs reward to it.
    Only problem I have with Dying Light's lockpicking is that sometimes when I find the "sweet spot" as I like to call it, I would always get stuck like 99% of the way into unlocking it. Like I need to ever so gently nudge the analog stick like some CSI scientist to get it to unlock. Doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's just really annoying. Never really had that problem in Skyrim because at least they have abilities that remedy that problem.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    I loved going out in world to improve my lock picking skills....in the good old days of wow

My favorite part is how all the locks in the world are exactly the same. Even Daedra and Dwemer use the same locks as the humanoid races in Elder scrolls. And a technologically advanced faction like the Institute uses the exact same locking mechanism as some pre-war suitcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    My complaint was mostly from Dying Light. It tells me it's a very hard lock. I presume there's some good shit in there. It doesn't end up like that. It just annoys me. It's more annoying also when opening a storage box or something and there's no lock and there's nothing in there. I just grumble lol
    You can hit a button that highlights nearby items and containers. From what I remember it also gives you an indication of the quality of whatever is in a container through different colors. If a container is given a blue or purple reticule you know there's at least something semi-decent inside.

Deleted
    I only know of one decent lockpick mechanic and that was in Mass Effect 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I loved going out in world to improve my lock picking skills....in the good old days of wow
    You mean the days where you charged a days earnings for opening gathered boxes? And when in a bad mood even ripping said people off by logging off.