Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zharkos View Post
    why the FUCK would they deactivate old set bonuses, it's like they want timewalking to be even MORE boring than it currently is

- - - Updated - - -

>see legion beta notes
    >everything looks ok
    >"old set bonuses have been deactivated"
    WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TAKE AWAY NOT ONLY TWINKING FOR HERALD BUT ALSO THE ONLY THING THAT MADE TIMEWALKING FUN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING BLIZZARD
    Blame mythic raiders doing long pull timers so they can switch out old gear sets to get bonuses for the pull. It's completely stupid having classes do that. It would make more sense to just disable old sets in new raids but Blizz is lazy. I'm personally glad it's gone, it's tedious having to do that before a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Blame mythic raiders doing long pull timers so they can switch out old gear sets to get bonuses for the pull. It's completely stupid having classes do that. It would make more sense to just disable old sets in new raids but Blizz is lazy. I'm personally glad it's gone, it's tedious having to do that before a pull.
    Thats exactly right, the OBVIOUS solution is to disable them in current content in one way or another, but this is such a classic blizzard response to remove them entirely rather than just prevent them being abused in the one small situation where they are being abused. Its exactly like how they responded to Shadowpriests abusing Twist of Fate in MoP, by making it only proc on healing for healers and damage for dps, which basically made it completely shit for Disc.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Why the hell removing old set bonuses? It was fun to put together old sets for Timewalking...

And that's probably the answer.. Fun detected -> Fun removed.

I can understand why Watcher didn't mention that in the interview, tho. :-(

Also: Streamlining interface options even more.. Like the game need MOAR STREAMLINING

Quote Originally Posted by kyoharu View Post
    So, they're getting rid of Glyphs completely?

Also, very excited for almost all of these changes and upcoming content!
    Not entirely, but glyphs will instead be applied directly to the ability in question.
    Upgrading the spell if you like, with one glyph being applied to it.
    Vaguely like how we used to have spell ranks, only you get the additional modification of the glyph instead of a straight up numbers increase.

As far as crafting and selling goes, Vantus Runes could play a large part in the demand but time will tell how that pans out.
    What the future holds for the glyph market we have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Why the hell removing old set bonuses? It was fun to put together old sets for Timewalking...

Also: Streamlining interface options even more.. Like the game need MOAR STREAMLINING
    Ooooorrrr it's a lot of work redoing old set bonuses for a tiny little sliver of people who really want them for something as secondary as Timewalking dungeons or Mythic raiders who abuse them, so it's just as well to not need to rebalance or rewrite them anymore by just removing them entirely.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Ooooorrrr it's a lot of work redoing old set bonuses for a tiny little sliver of people who really want them for something as secondary as Timewalking dungeons or Mythic raiders who abuse them, so it's just as well to not need to rebalance or rewrite them anymore by just removing them entirely.
    And then there is the twinking community, too..., I know, according to Watcher's post, we are all minorities, thus irrelevant to the devs. Thanks for that.

Edit: well they supposedly have the biggest dev team in WoW history *cough*, they could make themselves useful...

I'm just sad tbh, I wanted Legion to be an xpac I want to play, but there's bad news coming almost every day that makes me not want to play..
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2016-05-12 at 04:42 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

Of course it is

On another topic: Anyone know if people with alpha access will get access to the beta as well?

Gotta love those Blizzards patch notes. You know, when you read it, you love everything, you're being mega hyped... and then BAM: "You're no longer allowed to have fun in Timewalking dungeons, and all your efforts on collecting twinking gear were flushed down the drain. Your loving Blizzard"...

What the fuck, Blizzard?? Removing set bonuses from older tiers, seriously?? Motherfuckers.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    And blizzard keeps making this shitty game we have now of world of warcraft even shitter. Keep making this game even more casual than it already is shitheads. Unbelievable how how much this game has gone shit.

Blizzard used to be a good company but seems like they cant keep up anymore. Heroes of the storm, big failure, legion will result in an even bigger decrease of subscribers after some months so another failure. I played overwatch a bit and it was boring as hell, so my guess. ANOTHER FAILURE. Wtf are you doing blizzard?

Going from a company which i loved and always said were the best, going from that, to almost hated takes some serious fuck ups. Fuck up after fuck up after fuck up. Which is exactly what they've been doing for the last couple of years, and i really doubt that will change anytime soon.
    Last edited by mmoc6a84dbfc54; 2016-05-12 at 07:27 AM.

When you see that they're adding more hard content and people's response is "casual" and you have no idea what they're referring to
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    When you see that they're adding more hard content and people's response is "casual" and you have no idea what they're referring to
    They keep simplifying the game for casuals, its not that hard to see

10+ Year Old Account
    *insert no beta club footnote*

/attempts to wait patiently for beta invite...

Quote Originally Posted by Zilxz View Post
    and in what way did they simplify the game this time? Removing a couple of extra stats that served no purpose?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zharkos View Post
    why the FUCK would they deactivate old set bonuses
    They CBA to make intelligent, logical bonuses when they removed all but four stats and have a dozen and a half tiers to set up. This was their solution.

It was a stupid solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.
    So... my BIS Timewalking set is out of the window? Meh... That's a huge bummer.

I know its cool and edgy to be negative and hate on everything Blizzard and WoW related, but for me this is the best looking expansion they've done since maybe TBC. Everything looks and sounds pretty great, and I love Burning Legion stuff so I'm heaps keen for more of that. I'm glad they keep pushing the game forwards and don't let it stagnate, yeah it means change and change seems to REALLY piss off some people, but I'd much rather things change and stay fresh than keep playing the same thing over and over.

Yeah, sometimes the changes and the new things they try don't pay off so well (like Garrisons), but they're always up front about it and will admit when something hasn't panned out the way they were hoping or if they stuffed something up, and everything I've seen and played of Legion makes me think they've learnt their lesson and are pulling out all the stops for this one. I'm hyped!

Quote Originally Posted by Zilxz View Post
    Link your mythic arch and glad tough guy.

Collections

Many new mounts and battle pets to collect!
    I'm sorry, but I find that funny considering the vast majority of the ones listed, are all PVP related mounts. Meaning that "Many mounts" are only many if only plan on PVPing to some extent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    I know its cool and edgy to be negative and hate on everything Blizzard and WoW related, but for me this is the best looking expansion they've done since maybe TBC. Everything looks and sounds pretty great, and I love Burning Legion stuff so I'm heaps keen for more of that. I'm glad they keep pushing the game forwards and don't let it stagnate, yeah it means change and change seems to REALLY piss off some people, but I'd much rather things change and stay fresh than keep playing the same thing over and over.

Yeah, sometimes the changes and the new things they try don't pay off so well (like Garrisons), but they're always up front about it and will admit when something hasn't panned out the way they were hoping or if they stuffed something up, and everything I've seen and played of Legion makes me think they've learnt their lesson and are pulling out all the stops for this one. I'm hyped!
    CHANGE pisses of people for a reason. Shitty changes after shitty changes. It's not like there no reason people get upset over changes.