Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    They've really latched onto some bad ideas there in Irvine, it's like the team is all kids who went to school under the "Everybody gets a trophy, nobody wins or loses" mentality.
    Right? Not sure what was wrong with the whole you PvP to get PvP gear concept.. It was just fine, but I guess this copy/paste system cater to those who don't want to PvP to get their gear

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    It's funny how most of the reviewers agreed that visuals in the movie are ridiculously good. Not good enough for MMO champ crowd though We are looking at the same footage, and CGI and the level of details is really something else. I understand that it might just look average to you, but claiming they are cheap is just baseless hate. The film had a pretty big budget, which they breached, of course, and CGI and the costumography was done by a studio that got multiple Oscars for their work. How is it cheap to you is beyond me. Maybe you are one of those that thought Avatar was horrible (visually).
    I guess I should have clarified, my apologies. I'm not knocking the CGI, specifically. I agree that it does look quite amazing; however, the acting performances are what I was (mostly) referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    God forbid them protecting their assets right?
    if so, nobody should be able to watch ;P including countries like UK, which can watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Seems to be a bug.. Dual spec appears to have been removed, in order to revert to previous method of changing specs.. without gold refund on every hero with dual spec.
    The patch notes clearly state that Dual Specialization has been removed:

Specialization System Changes

Characters can now change between any of their specializations at most any time for a progressive gold cost. Action bar configurations are saved for each specialization. As a result, Dual Specialization has been removed.
    Characters can queue up as any role that is available to their class and will automatically switch to the suitable specialization when entering the Dungeon, Raid, Battleground, or Arena without any gold cost. For example, a paladin might be questing as Retribution but queue up in Dungeon Finder as a Tank. When the paladin enters the dungeon, they will automatically switch to Protection.
    Blizzard never gives any sort of refund for anything the player has paid for that then gets removed from the game at a later date.

It's actually hilarious to see people think that removing gear bonuses for PvP is a bad idea. Can you think of any reason why skill shouldn't be the only thing that matters? Do you actually think that wasting time should give you an advantage over another player? If a team outplays you, they should win.

Literally the only reason you would want gear advantages in PvP is because you think you should have more rewarded to you for your time than simply improving as a player. Well, that's what PvE is for. PvP should ONLY be about the actual Player vs Player interaction. As someone who has basically only played WoW for PvP since BC I absolutely love this change. It allows for a much more balanced experience, and allows the feedback on what needs changing to actually be clear because there's a formulated standard of power for every class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Right? Not sure what was wrong with the whole you PvP to get PvP gear concept.. It was just fine, but I guess this copy/paste system cater to those who don't want to PvP to get their gear
    I want to PvP to PvP. Period. I don't want to PvP to get gear. It doesn't matter if it's easy to get, I actually can't get friends to play PvP with me in this game because they think the concept of gear in a skill based game is absurd. I've never liked gear being a factor since BC, but I just accepted it as a definite part of the game. We can say it's catering to casuals all we want...but frankly...what do you think the majority of the player base is? Do you think that everyone has time to play WoW 4-8 hours per day?
    Last edited by Krald; 2016-05-16 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krald View Post
    It's actually hilarious to see people think that removing gear bonuses for PvP is a bad idea. Can you think of any reason why skill shouldn't be the only thing that matters? Do you actually think that wasting time should give you an advantage over another player? If a team outplays you, they should win.

Literally the only reason you would want gear advantages in PvP is because you think you should have more rewarded to you for your time than simply improving as a player. Well, that's what PvE is for. PvP should ONLY be about the actual Player vs Player interaction. As someone who has basically only played WoW for PvP since BC I absolutely love this change. It allows for a much more balanced experience, and allows the feedback on what needs changing to actually be clear because there's a formulated standard of power for every class.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to PvP to PvP. Period. I don't want to PvP to get gear. It doesn't matter if it's easy to get, I actually can't get friends to play PvP with me in this game because they think the concept of gear in a skill based game is absurd. I've never liked gear being a factor since BC, but I just accepted it as a definite part of the game. We can say it's catering to casuals all we want...but frankly...what do you think the majority of the player base is? Do you think that everyone has time to play WoW 4-8 hours per day?
    Watching your alt slowing getting stronger in PvP through expierence and gear is awesome. If you want skill vs skill get higher ratings in Arena or RBGS if you get high ratings everyone has the same gear, so there its only skill vs skill..

Also building your character the way you want is what makes games like this fun.. Choosing the stats you want etc.. The whole copy/paste thing is ez mode for Blizzard