Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movie] Assassin's Creed

Well this is happening.....

They are avoiding this story alot in there games so no clue why they thought it would be a good movie.

Buy the season pass to see part 2
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Looks like a cheap cash grab to me. Much like the series it's based on.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Agreed....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Exceedingly skeptical about this one. Kurzel did an ok job with Macbeth. Writers are iffy...

That being said, Fassbender is a beast. He saved Macbeth from complete disaster. Maybe that magic will work here lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Only thing I didn't like about the trailer was the music. I am perfectly fine with them ignoring the story from the games, it was a hot mess anyways. It LOOKED like Assasin's Creed! They even added the leap of faith at the end there for the fans.

Deleted
    What is it with the film industry using this crappy music that doesn't fit the type of films at all?

first the dubstep crap in the wow trailer, now the rap crap in this one

This trailer seems to suit the game series perfectly. It least I got the AC vibe immediately. Obviously, expectations about this movie being very good are low, as it probably will not. However, I'm sure it will be entertaining, especially for AC fans.

If they fail to make a good movie based on AC then it's all on the producers, directors and actors. The story of AC writes itself and you could make a movie that is actually good by just copying the games.

Only thing I dislike is that that they skipped Altair and Ezio, honestly the basis of the whole AC franchise is based around Altair and skipping him seems like your always going to miss something in the movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is that Jeremy Irons? Get ready for some ham.

Didn't really care for the choice of music, or the film version of the Animus. I do think it's interesting that they're telling an original story set during the Spanish Inquisition instead of just adapting the Altair or Ezio storylines.

That said, I can sort of already imagine how the plot will play out, jumping back and forth between the past and present gradually revealing secrets and culminating in a big freerunning action sequence in the present involving him escaping the Abstergo facility with whatever artifact the Templars were trying to get ahold of in the past, probably ending with a teaser of him meeting the present day descendants of the assassins he trained with in the past.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-05-12 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Well that looked like a horrible mess of cliched wire-fu, martial arts and parkour moves, with horrible hippidy hoppidy music slapped on it.

I like the 300 effects, but the trailer is very action-focused and the music is terrible. I remain skeptical.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    The film is canon to the video game lore.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well that looked like a horrible mess of cliched wire-fu, martial arts and parkour moves, with horrible hippidy hoppidy music slapped on it.
    I actually like it because of the wire-fu; feels like it's going to be a somewhat wuxia-esque film set in Europe.

Music was terrible.

Overall, will keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    The film is canon to the video game lore.
    Then I will change my statement. It looks like a cheap cash grab, much like the rest of the AssCreed series.

- - - Updated - - -
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Only thing I didn't like about the trailer was the music. I am perfectly fine with them ignoring the story from the games, it was a hot mess anyways. It LOOKED like Assasin's Creed! They even added the leap of faith at the end there for the fans.
    UbiSoft has said they aren't ignoring the games, this is just separate from Desmond's story in the present and separate from Ezio's in the past. But it IS set during Ezio's lifetime (just in Spain instead of Italy). I'd appreciate an Ezio name drop since he should be Guild Master during the historical setting.

Helluva jaded crowd here. Other sites I'm typically on think it looks great (with horrible choice of trailer music).
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-05-12 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, it looks like a movie version of Assassin's Creed and all the good and bad things that entails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Welp, it looks like a movie version of Assassin's Creed and all the good and bad things that entails.
    I think that's the best way to sum it up really...

Not sure what some of you were expecting, but this looks almost exactly how I figured it would.

Ubisoft are involved, so the story should be about as good as the game plot is. (That being a good or bad thing depends on who you ask...)

The action looks cheesy as hell, but reminiscent of the combat in game. So you've got to give them at least partial credit for that.

Michael Fassbender is great and I'm sure he'll carry the film pretty hard.

Dear Christ the music was awful... Really hope that's not a taste of what we can expect from the OST.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic. It's not going to be one of the all time great movies, but as a fan of the game series that inspired it, I should enjoy it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think that's the best way to sum it up really...

Not sure what some of you were expecting, but this looks almost exactly how I figured it would.

Ubisoft are involved, so the story should be about as good as the game plot is. (That being a good or bad thing depends on who you ask...)

The action looks cheesy as hell, but reminiscent of the combat in game. So you've got to give them at least partial credit for that.

Michael Fassbender is great and I'm sure he'll carry the film pretty hard.

Dear Christ the music was awful... Really hope that's not a taste of what we can expect from the OST.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic. It's not going to be one of the all time great movies, but as a fan of the game series that inspired it, I should enjoy it.
    At worst, it'll be another Prince of Persia, and some people liked that one.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everything looked fine, but seriously why the fuck would anyone want to use anything of Kanye in literally anything..

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this looks interesting to me. Always had a nice spot for AC. Played Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood. Great games.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi