Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Leaving the toilet seat up

Is it a man's responsibility to put the toilet seat down after he's used the toilet? Or are women just being drama Queens about it. Do you leave the seat up?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I just find it common curtsy to close it after use, no matter who uses the bathroom. When the next person goes in to use it, or if you go to use it later, adjust it to what you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah here it is... The Great Toilet Seat debate...

My take? Chicks need to chill down about this, toilet seat as you want, bros!

Besides, every time I see a closed seat in the public restroom, I am getting worried and in many cases my fears materialize.

That said, I am in Japan now on business trip and I seen in some cafe a restroom with a toilet that automatically raises toilet seat once someone enters and closes it once someone leaves, so the future is bright and there is hope for peace at home.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-05-12 at 01:27 PM.

I live alone, I can do what I want.

I don't see what there is to discuss. They can be happy that we put it up in the first place.

Deleted
    Just leave it as you use it. Women leave it down, men leave it up. Arguably the most efficient way to do things for everyone.

It requires more effort to lift a seat than it does to lower it. Women should stop complaining and just give it a slight flick of the wrist and let gravity do the rest for them.

Women control the toilet seat. We in the Patriarchy have conceded that point.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Is it a man's responsibility to put the toilet seat down after he's used the toilet? Or are women just being drama Queens about it. Do you leave the seat up?
    In defense to females, you are meant to flush with toilet seat down for hygiene reasons.

On the other side of the cooint, if I have to put it up they can put it down, it's 50/50

I've mostly always lived alone and I put it down because I don't want fecal matter ridden water to splash out when I flush the toilet.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm at a lady friends house I'll lift the seat and put it back down after use as courtesy but in my own home? That shit stays down 24/7 I don't see the point in lifting the seat. If your aim is that terrible you need to practice some more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersShadow View Post
    In defence to females, you are meant to flush with toilet seat down for hygiene reasons.
    It's been proven that doesn't help

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    As King of the misogynists, I can confirm we in the patriarchy leadership and the grand misogynist council have not conceded this point

Toilet seat stays up

10+ Year Old Account
    I always leave the toilet seat down, it makes a bit of a mess mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No woman in my family ever complained about a toilet seat, don't people normally check it before plopping down on it anyway?

Leaving it up is the ultimate sign that i care about her, couse she knows i didn't pee on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    lol.... I like that point.

or in other words...
    If you put/keep the seat down, chances are higher that she gets your pecker up.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If something even dare to leave the LID up after using the toilet in my domain, they are branded as dirty heretics. I follow the rule, mom, dad, brother, girlfriends, friends - ALL SHALL FEAR THE ASTARTES.

We put the seat down;
    We close the lid after using;
    The 0,0001% of filtness that may escape is contained;
    The galaxy is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersShadow View Post
    In defense to females, you are meant to flush with toilet seat down for hygiene reasons.

On the other side of the cooint, if I have to put it up they can put it down, it's 50/50
    Surely that is the LID down, not just the seat. With the seat down and the lid up - its pretty much the same as having the seat up anyway.

my god i am so glad i don't have to have this silly argument anymore, i mean its so hard to either put the seat up or down right? It's almost as if this is one of the points where men cater to a poor defenseless womans desires when at the same time they are strong <appearantly not strong enough to raise or lower a toilet seat> independant women who need no men >.> lol But honestly it has been years upon years since i have had to have a stupid toilet seat up or down discussion >.>

I live alone, I always close the lid.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance