Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I absolutely love the CGI orcs. Reminds me of their cinematics which are amazing. I wouldn't mind if the entire movie was like their cinematics but either way, it looks alright. I don't really want to see it because of what seems to be like bad acting but in terms of looks I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I never had faith in this movie once I saw the massive retcon...
    A retcon would mean the movie is part of the WoW canon. It's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story Blizzard has already laid out, just presented in the different format (movie instead of game). There was a big potential here to open this franchise up to more people, but with different story-lines this movie may as well be Lord of the Rings and the game Runescape.

Interesting point... but sadly for you, no. Am I salty about not getting to play an unfinished game that is set to release in a few months and that more Beta invites will be going out within the coming weeks? No. Are you?
    The same story can be told in many ways. Being mad at a story because it isn't the story you wan't to be told is childish. Some elements of different stories lend themselves to different forms of expression better than others.

While I can understand people wanting Warcraft 1's story to literally be transposed onto a big screen, I'm very excited to see Duncan Jones' interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    What exactly do you want in a Warcraft movie then, if what this one has, isn't up to your standards?
    Orgrim to be portrayed as the brutal ruthless killer that he was instead of a goody two shoes that tricked all the other orc leaders into him not having to drink the felblood, and for him to kill Blackhand the way it was supposed to go down. Not this Lothar + Frostpals storyline that they are now pushing. This movie basically ignores that fact that they brutally murdered and disfigured the Draenei population by making Durotar and Orgrim look like they are on a camping trip and not in the middle of what would be similar in context to Germany invading Europe.

The way they wrote the characters from what I have seen you would think they are all suffering from dementia, or at least all are suffering from a concussion and are confused why they are there.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-05-12 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I know we all have our own opinions on what's entertaining, but I just watched the clips and I'm even more thrilled to see the movie
    This.

I was not too sure after watching the trailers, but these clips make me quite positive about the movie.

Yea it looks cheesy. Warcraft IS cheesy =P

I agree the last clip show a much more interesting / deep acting on the orcs side, but then again most of the scenes they showed with humans don't really have much of an opportunity to do anything similar. It may or may not represent the rest of the movie on the humans side, but even if it does, it still looks pretty entertaining to me =P

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    What did they even turn Travis Fimmel into?
    I'd much more quickly believe it was Travis' lack of passion for the project that can ruin his character more than "they" doing anything to him. Seems he's not even trying to do anything much different from what he does in Vikings.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-05-12 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I absolutely love the CGI orcs. Reminds me of their cinematics which are amazing. I wouldn't mind if the entire movie was like their cinematics but either way, it looks alright. I don't really want to see it because of what seems to be like bad acting but in terms of looks I love it.
    how can you judge bad acting on 2.5 minutes of clipped scenes? IMO Lothar and Medivh were great, as well as Durotan and Orgrim. There wasn't enough content with the other actors to sufficiently judge their acting as poor or excellent...

Deleted
    Interesting point... but sadly for you, no. Am I salty about not getting to play an unfinished game that is set to release in a few months and that more Beta invites will be going out within the coming weeks? No. Are you?
    So, you are salty over no beta invite and no Griselda in the movie. Check.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    how can you judge bad acting on 2.5 minutes of clipped scenes? IMO Lothar and Medivh were great, as well as Durotan and Orgrim. There wasn't enough content with the other actors to sufficiently judge their acting as poor or excellent...
    Its the dull way they say there lines, doesn't feel like there is a lot of feeling in a lot of those scenes. I don't read comic books or even care about the marvel universe but when I see ironman (RDJr) he has a presence. None of those scenes had a presence.

The story Blizzard has already laid out, just presented in the different format (movie instead of game). There was a big potential here to open this franchise up to more people, but with different story-lines this movie may as well be Lord of the Rings and the game Runescape.
    First of all the story has been rewritten so many times since the original game. And a lot of it needs to be changed to fit a movie and Duncan has even admitted certain things is changed, but nothing has changed dramaticly from the base story. It is still the first encounter between humans and orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    A retcon would mean the movie is part of the WoW canon. It's not.
    Oh, thank the Light this movie is not cannon!

The same story can be told in many ways. Being mad at a story because it isn't the story you wan't to be told is childish.
    Sure it can be told in many ways, but this movie is not the same story. It is one altered and tainted, like Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, you are salty over no beta invite and no Griselda in the movie. Check.
    Interesting conclusion. Tell me, do you find it hard to understand simple logic and so you see your answer to the question as the only one?

It is still the first encounter between humans and orcs
    So you mean to say Durotan and Orgrim never drank the demon blood and joined the Human forces in EVERY iteration of the story? Then why is Thrall green if his parents are not when he is born???

The majority of people who've seen the movie said it was really good.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I know we all have our own opinions on what's entertaining, but I just watched the clips and I'm even more thrilled to see the movie
    Completely agree. I loved the clips

First of all the story has been rewritten so many times since the original game. And a lot of it needs to be changed to fit a movie and Duncan has even admitted certain things is changed, but nothing has changed dramaticly from the base story. It is still the first encounter between humans and orcs
    Nothing has changed dramatically... except!

-Thrall/Durotar/Draka/Frostwolves appearance (Major part of the movie)
    -Cities not involved in the original story appearing (Dalaran)
    -Orgrim not killing Blackhand and seizing control of the Horde
    -Orgrim not drinking Felblood

Nothing major but right.

Exactly what @TheDestinatus said. I like Travis fimmel, his work in Vikings is wonderful. I wasn't specifically targeting anyone, I was making a generalized statement. If I were to speak about the acting I'd be worried about the king (doesn't feel like one or look like one, at least not what I'm used to from past movies) and maybe Khadgar but I haven't seen enough of him yet. I have no idea how Fimmel is going to do as Lothar but we'll see.

As for the orcs, I agree. 10/10 job with them imo. Don't forget we've also seen other clips, not as long as these but all together id say it leaves enough room to judge some acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If you haven't noticed, those scenes haven't been edited completely yet. How about watch the movie instead of basing your judgment off of 3 scenes that are about 2.5min in total out of a 2h long movie.
    (some)People on this forum have been judging this movie when all we had was blurry camera photos of screens. Do you even know what you are asking!?

10+ Year Old Account

Sure it can be told in many ways, but this movie is not the same story. It is one altered and tainted, like Warlords of Draenor.

Your opinion is your opinion, one with which many disagree. You're judging a book before you've even read 75% of the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post

Nothing major but right.
    Doomhammer never drank the blood he knew something was up and said it would be rude to drink as an equal to his chieftan and Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The majority of people who've seen the movie said it was really good.
    7/10 is "really good?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post

Nothing major but right.
    Totally! Nothing major! In fact, I see nothing wrong with it behind these rose-tinted goggles reinforced with aluminum foil!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    The clips have only reinforced what I'd suspected from the very start. The Humans actually look out of place and awkward to me when compared to the more fluid animation of the Orcs so and the acting of most Humans seems... off. Hopefully the final product will have more polish but at the current moment some of the sound design just feels lackluster and I can't actually imagine myself being able to empathize with the strange wooden puppets pretending to be Humans. We'll see.
    The Humans are just too human! They shoulda been CGI'd like the orcs, a-la 300, but slightly broader shoulders.

- - - Updated - - -

7/10 is "really good?"
    I know for a movie 7/10 maybe isn't that great.....

For a video game movie, anything above 5/10 is fucking ground breaking lol

Deleted
    So you mean to say Durotan and Orgrim never drank the demon blood and joined the Human forces in EVERY iteration of the story? Then why is Thrall green if his parents are not when he is born???
    And there is were the "lore purists" always fall, by not truly knowing the lore. Yes, Durotan and Orgrim never drank the blood in every iteration of the story.

Heck, I doubt you even know how Griselda is without checking WoWhead (I loved that mission when I was 11).