Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Relax already. Interactions wothin the code are vast and complex. While beta is unplayable go play other games, go outside, talk to people, do anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    What's comical is it worked just fine in Alpha
    I had the same problem on alpha. I ended up making three mages before it worked.

I got in very early (Friends & Family) so this bug has been around for months.

Is it still bugged? I figured it'd be good to go by the time I woke back up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Is it still bugged?
    Yes /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

We're still working on a fix for this. I don't have an ETA but it's very much on our radar. (link)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Ya I mean totally. It's not like there was a 2-3 month long alpha phase or anything like that.
    people like you are why I hate working in IT.

You dont understand the amount of shit goes on behind the scenes of any piece of software. You just think " oh its super simple, its just a quest, you've been doing this for 12 years blizzard "... you have no. fucking. clue.

Do you realize that there are MILLIONS of lines of code within WoW, and a simple syntax error in any one of those lines could've caused this to break? Hell, it may not even be that simple!

Dont talk about shit you have no idea about. Its annoying, and does nothing but make you look like an asshole.

Deleted
    The biggest irony for all this is that when something simple or "simple" breaks it often means they introduced a whole new subsystems which is often good for the game.

If only there were 11 other classes you could test while they work to fix this issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    So thanks to this delightful quest, no mages can play on beta longer than a few quests
    Wow. So you found a bug on beta. Thats what beta is for. Yet you arent reporting it or explaining it, you just whine on the WRONG forums. Blizz wont read this. But yea, you got some attention with pointless whining. Maybe thats what you wanted?

i can't believe how many people don't seem to understand that this bugged quest means no further testing of mage leveling IF it really stops mage quest progression.(sorry, no firsthand experience, i don't have a beta-invite-.-)
    So it's not just "a random bugged quest" but rather a huge roadblock preventing further testing and thus impeding exactly what the beta is supposed to do: test stuff, in this case mage leveling.
    And just reporting it will not magically solve it and make the testing on the class possible again

TL;DR: if you can't progress the class-quest, you can't test it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i can't believe how many people don't seem to understand that this bugged quest means no further testing of mage leveling IF it really stops mage quest progression.(sorry, no firsthand experience, i don't have a beta-invite-.-)
    So it's not just "a random bugged quest" but rather a huge roadblock preventing further testing and thus impeding exactly what the beta is supposed to do: test stuff, in this case mage leveling.
    And just reporting it will not magically solve it and make the testing on the class possible again

You seem to imply this is some kind of major disaster. The game will be released practically in Autumn and it's not summer yet. It might be a more real disaster that so many mages complain for not broken stuff.

i just wanted to point out that there is a difference between a random bugged quest that might be at best annoying and a bugged quest preventing the testing of a whole class.

I agree that both happen frequently on beta (especially this short after resetting the alpha-servers and making it beta, god knows what else went wrong at that point). And from what i saw on the blue tracker, blizz seems to be working on that issue for quite some time, considering that they fixed the same problem on alpha once.

You've got three whole months and the quest will be fixed soon, I know you can't test Mages right now but that really isn't a big deal as Blizzard is already working on the issue. Chill out.
    Things break in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post

its not all mages, but there is a hefty amount effected. But by no means is it the majority of mages with the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    You seem to imply this is some kind of major disaster. The game will be released practically in Autumn and it's not summer yet. It might be a more real disaster that so many mages complain for not broken stuff.
    People are treating it like live and itching to power through the content.

Guys you ain't getting left behind, just try another class as it will be fixed soon.

Anduin is bugged so I just made a demon hunter.

It's fixed!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...age=5#new-post

Just hang out in the hall for 30 seconds and it'll complete.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    its not all mages, but there is a hefty amount effected. But by no means is it the majority of mages with the issue.
    It was by far the majority of the mages. Few and far between didn't get hit by it
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

So many salty "No Beta Club" people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    It's fixed!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...age=5#new-post

Just hang out in the hall for 30 seconds and it'll complete.
    Lol! Thanks dude. I was surfing mmo-c while afk'ing in the class hall. Cheers!