Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    You are saying exactly what I'm saying and then saying something else.
    It's a bit weird, your very quote is agreeing exactly what I'm saying...

But to rephrase and put your mind to rest:
    The game is ignoring the logical threads that offer the least performance gain as the main thread of said physical core is more powerful due to the CPU's scalar architecture.

Happy now? :P
    Any of the two threads can utilize the entire core to process something, there's no main thread and secondary thread. If you assume that threads 0 and 4 belong to core 0, any of the two threads can utilize the entire core 0 to do something as long as the OS doesn't schedule something to be done at the other thread of the same core. If this happens the core will have to balance between the two which will cause a performance loss while you could have avoided this if you threw the other thing at a different logical thread that would belong to a different physical core.

If you still didn't understand then just go watch that Lake's video again or read the Wikipedia article which is surprisingly correct.

Indoors: 150 - 200 FPS
    Outdoors: 130 - 150 FPS

Ultra settings

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Indoors: 150 - 200 FPS
    Outdoors: 130 - 150 FPS

Ultra settings
    Please add your exact specs and resolution, and by ultra you are referring to the preset or custom?
    Ultra preset is lower than setting everything to manually max.

I'd love to add here if I could get the game to launch again. This morning it only opens in a tiny window that has nothing in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    <snip>
    Whilst I know the concurrent workload on thread difference and have said earlier that I know that and agreed with how it works.
    What I find in contradiction though to what I've read is that you state both threads can make equal use of a core where I've read/learnt that the main logical core attached to the "physical" core has the core's majority of power attached to it where the HyperThread has the "leftovers".

I've read through the Wiki and other sources basically stating the same that I'm stating and others like what you are, the Wiki is unclear but mentions the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    This allows a hyper-threading processor to appear as the usual "physical" processor and an extra "logical" processor to the host operating system (HTT-unaware operating systems see two "physical" processors), allowing the operating system to schedule two threads or processes simultaneously and appropriately.
    Regardless though we're saying mostly the same thing in a different manner with some differences, the principle is that we're saying the same basics.
    So why are we arguing over this?

Running at ~100fps with dips down into the 80's in bigger areas. 2560x1440p with everything possible turned up. Specs are in my sig but ignore the overclocks, currently running everything at stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Please add your exact specs and resolution, and by ultra you are referring to the preset or custom?
    Ultra preset is lower than setting everything to manually max.
    Everything maxed, not the preset^^

I7-6700k @4.7GHz
    Gigabyte GTX 980ti Gaming G1 @1500MHz / 7160MHz

1080p
    Indoos: 150 - 200FPS
    Outdoors: 130 - 150FPS

2560x1080
    Indoors: TBA
    Outdoors: TBA

10+ Year Old Account
    I7-4790k - Stock.
    MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr - Stock. Driver 365.19 (Doom specific game ready driver)

1080p - Manual Ultra
    Indoors - 130-160 FPS (141 FPS Average)
    Outdoors - 98-130 FPS (110 FPS Average)

Saw only a few FPS difference turning on my 4.6GHz OC, which may have just been a difference in the areas I was in.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.