Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Where? What drama? Don't blame everyone else here because you can't find non-shitty guilds. I've never been in a guild, even in extremely hardcore guilds, where absences that were actually important weren't completely accepted by every single person in the guild, and even encouraged.
    all I'm saying is that most of the people I know who quit raiding it wasn't because of the raids it was because of the people who raid. When most issues seem to stem from teh players and not the raids themselves there is a limit to what Blizz can do to make it more appealing

all I'm saying is that most of the people I know who quit raiding it wasn't because of the raids it was because of the people who raid. When most issues seem to stem from teh players and not the raids themselves there is a limit to what Blizz can do to make it more appealing
    I moved to PuG raiding back in Cata. I still find PuG raiding far less frustrating than LFR on average as a healer and tank. I would rather even do Cata launch heroics than deal with the frustration I experience in LFR.

So to each their own. Though you are right the issues are the players who exist in group based content including LFR and organized raids. Only way to escape them is to do solo only content.

I don't think there is a point in trying to make organized raiding more appealing to those it doesn't appeal to. Doing so will likely make raiding less appealing to those it already appeals to. Raiding above LFR is a team effort, and on these and other forums, many people have shown that they have no interest in having the responsibilities that come with being a member of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonezerker View Post
    The main reason it can never go back to that way is because you cannot introduce raiding with a 10 man minimum in Wrath, continue that pattern for 8 years and then just take it away.
    Course, but we're talking hypothetical here, what we would like to see without the barriers so to speak. Course it would be massive backlash after nearly a decade of a system thats generally accepted. The player base can be broken down into three groups;

Either vets have left the game
    Vets like me have just accepted it and got on with it
    New players have started at some point in the last 8 years and all they've ever known is the current system.

So yeah your completely right

Raiding could definitely benefit from some go-go girls, I think that would make it more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

As a result we've seen that subscriber numbers have diminished substantially.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Why hasn't Blizz also done this?
    Thank god this troll is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    the biggest reason I've seen why raiding has declined is because of raiders and how they act. for every person that is looking to get into raiding, there are multiple people quitting because they are just done with the bulls**t and drama that seems to come with it (or anything involving multiple players). For me and a lot of the people I know we've really soured on raiding because of how some raiders act when they don't get their way or who think raiding should be everyones #1 priority. For me getting bitched out by multiple people in guild chat for missing a raid because my dad had a stroke and nearly fucking died that morning was the last straw for me. People bitch about LFR but I'll take that over over "real raiding" anyday
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he got through it alright. I agree with you on the way Raiders act, but it really depends on your guild. If someone had an incident like that I'd be more likely to be agitated by those who would be mad with you for having to miss a raid because of something so important. However, if a life-changing event happened where someone isn't able to raid as much as we needed, then we'd have to replace them on our raid roster. It wouldn't carry any malice with it, it's simply "he can't commit as much" type of thing. The rest of the raid group wants to progress, so we keep going. Any guild that legitimately outs someone for one raid absence, due to a life-threatening situation should rethink their priorities.

What Blizzard should do is have community "sponsored" guilds that are active and embrace total newbies, and the same deal with LFG runs.

Unfortunately, having a kagillion servers and Blizzard just really not giving a shit will never make that happen, and raiding will always be a niche. Frankly, most people just won't ever get over the social hurdles, regardless of skill level, because, mostly, people really don't want to bother with that whole aspect to "play the game", as it were.

There's really not much they can do, to be honest. It's always going to be a niche thing, even if they do what I said above. But letting people join guilds on any server at any time would go a LONG way to making things a whole lot more welcoming.

I don't know if I have just been lucky or if it is a result of being on a low pop server for most of my WoW time, but having been in many guilds ranging from non-raiding casuals, to casual raiding, to server first raiding and back to casual raiding, I haven't seen anywhere near as much ass-hattery in guilds in my almost 12 years of playing, as people on this forum apparently experience on a weekly basis.

I raid in two guilds. One raids 2 days for 6 hours a week and one raids 1 day a week for 3 hours. Both have cleared Heroic but are too small for Mythic. Neither have attendance requirements, and have little tolerance for jackasses. If people don't show up we roll with what we have and nobody complains. Hell, tonight we pulled 2 670 ilevel guildies through heroic to get their moose just to have 10 people to raid. The only thing that we ask of our raiders is to show up with flasks, food and have their gear gemmed and enchanted. Just joined the guild, have mostly Tanaan Jungle gear and have never been in a raid before? Get in here and we'll teach you. We don't even care if they are playing a suboptimal spec or with suboptimal talents, unless we feel that it is hindering the team, and then someone will give them advice on how to improve. Guilds like this are not an anomaly, they are everywhere from my experience.

Like I said earlier, perhaps it is because I have almost always played on the same low-pop server, but i can't help but think that the cries of how toxic the WoW community is, are way overblown.

I personally feel there is a problem with the audience left playing WoW. You either make the raiding scene too difficult to where the majority barely does it, till they can out gear it. Or you make it too easy that the majority quits because they are already done with it, or just complain it is too easy so they don't even attempt it. I honestly don't know how they can make it more appealing. To me the appeal has always been what can I do outside of raiding to keep me busy since raiding is such a minor part of the game, especially after your progression group has the current tier on farm. There is just those who raid specifically, and to be honest I don't think there is anything you can do for them. Besides churning out raids really fast. That though again won't be appealing the the majority.

You described LFR, OP.

Why do so many posts assume the issue they are presenting is the cause for diminishing subscriptions?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

openraid.us

/thread

I find raiding appealing, the trouble is finding decent players most of the time.
    I truly enjoy when I can join a partial guild run and have smooth runs.

I think "progression"(current) content should have a "license" entrance for pugs. For ex; most pugs ask for AotC which is now a joke as they are selling for extremely low and don't show ppl know the fights.
    If however you were required learn the basics of an encounter, watch short videos, and earn a certain grade while running an LFR(or a solo proving grounds with programed AI) for example, before being allowed to pug higher content thru lfg, or just have ratings/comments for raiders would be also nice.

And with ratings, offer rewards for rating fellow raid members(high amounts), and receiving high amounts of good ratings as well.
    Last edited by jackchal; 2016-06-23 at 12:44 AM.

They've made it as accessible as they possibly can with 4 difficulties, one of which requires no effort at all.

Also, it's an MMO. If time commitment is a continuous problem then you picked the wrong game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently if you want to raid and make any sort of decent progress you need to commit to a guild. For most gamers this simply isn't feasible as keeping to a video game schedule isn't something they want to do.

If you look at other games, they all have matchmaking which allow you to play the game at the highest level without sacrificing your real life.

Why hasn't Blizz also done this?
    Not with the advent of the group finder tool. You can just pick groups to play with...

True be told I want to get into raiding, but I just can't find the right group most of the time. I am an above average players with pretty much no raiding experience anymore, so most of the time unless it's the beginning of an expansion, I can't find a guild of similar minded and skilled people, I am usually stuck with the people who are still trying to progress on Normal difficulty raiding. In all honestly, I actually have no real idea how to even find a proper raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    True be told I want to get into raiding, but I just can't find the right group most of the time. I am an above average players with pretty much no raiding experience anymore, so most of the time unless it's the beginning of an expansion, I can't find a guild of similar minded and skilled people, I am usually stuck with the people who are still trying to progress on Normal difficulty raiding. In all honestly, I actually have no real idea how to even find a proper raiding guild.
    From what you wrote you don't really wanna raid.
    If you wanted to raid you would of put the whole of 20mins that it takes to look around for guild on wowprogress ask for some advice on how to proceed, and start from there.

All in all you are the one defeating your self because you say you want something yet you do not want to commit to it.
    It is not how it works and your post is one big excuse of just basic laziness.