Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warcraft Movie, Blue Posts, Beta Information, Overwatch Beta, MLG Esports Network

Firebird Infinite Archon Speed Guide & Gameplay Tips

Notable Player Decks for the Europe Spring Preliminary 2016

May 12th PTR Balance Update

Overwatch Beta - 9.7 Million Players!

Warcraft Movie Clips
    Movie clips were released yesterday, but NBC has been blocking them in most countries.

Warcraft Movie - Press Set Tour
    Duncan Jones gave a tour of the area created for press events today.

Legion - Quest Parchment
    The Horde version of the updated quest parchment (see Alliance here) was added in a recent build.

Poll - Beta Access
    Are you playing the Legion Beta?

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Character Copy is Disabled
    Please note that Character Copy is currently disabled in Beta builds. The button is currently not grayed out, but trying to copy account data will fail.

We'll announce when Character Copy is enabled. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Premade Characters in Legion Beta
    Right now the initial focus of the Beta test will be on stress testing the Legion starting experience, as well as collecting feedback regarding the levelling experience as a whole, so there will no level 110 premades to begin with. That is to say, a very real part of this test is how our content and servers handle this surge of people in a few locations. Even if there are issues, know that highlighting those issues now is very important and useful to Legion's development!

So if you crash the servers or break content in new and unique ways please take pride in that and we'll fix the issues as fast as we can.

Once the scope of testing shifts to other aspects of the expansion, then additional types of premades might be introduced to allow further focused testing. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PvP Realm and Beta
    I like this a lot. Consider forcing 3s too when skirms come about, I think 2v2 double dps battles give a bad impression of the pacing and excluded a lot of specs from real testing (games are almost always over right after or during offensive & defensive CDs).
    This is simply due to the number of healers queuing. If there were enough healers, the matches would be all 3s. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Shadow Priest -- Legion Beta Feedback
    In an upcoming build, Shadow Word: Death will generate 10 Insanity always. Also, it will have a hidden 1 second grace period during which it will grant the added 20 if the target dies. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Legion Beta Known Issues - 5/12/2016
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Greetings friends!

Welcome to the Legion Beta. Please find below, a list of issues that we're aware of and plan to have fixed in future patches. Please note that this list is not a complete snapshot of issues that we're aware of and working on, but issues that we believe will most impact players at this point in time. Thank you for helping us make Legion a positive and entertaining experience for all!

General:
    • Players are unable to send mail.
    • Players may be kicked off of the Zeppelin from Grom'gol Base Camp to Orgrimmar and re-spawned in Kalimdor.

Player Character Models:
    • The tattoo color for demon hunters can be changed at the barber shop to green but it can't be changed back.
    • Pistols will remain holstered during shoot animations for Pandaren Male and Female player character models.

Creatures and Spawning:
    • Lighting is not being applied uniformly on NPCs in certain locations causing some creatures or parts of the creature to appear grey.
    • Demon Hunter faces can experience texture issues when cycling through tattoo customization options.
    • Standing from a sleeping position with an Orc Female will cause your client to crash.
    • Rothoof Defiler is not visible on the Low Shadow Quality setting due to the shader cosmetic effect present.
    • Aquaos the Unleashed is using player spells.

Battlegrounds, Arenas, PvP and Abilities:
    • Battlegrounds and Arenas can fail to load assets.
    • Hunter - The area trigger created by Windburst cannot be seen when the player's Graphics settings are set to 3 or less.
    • Shaman - Sundering has display issues when cast against walled terrain or building WMOs.
    • Druid - Barkskin is causing graphical issues with all the different Bear Models.
    • Rogue - Grappling Hook lacks a spell visual when cast.
    • Paladin - The Lawful Words buff from the Item - T17 Holy 2P Bonus isn't consumed when casting Flash of Light despite the tooltip information.
    • Bursting Sores lacks a spell graphic when triggered from Festering Wound.

Artifacts and Artifact Questlines:
    • Shaman - Players who pursue the restoration artifact after the elemental artifact will be roadblocked at the end of the quest "Azshara's Power".
    • Monk - Players may be unable to loot Fu Zan, the Wanderer's Companion at the end of the Brewmaster Artifact Scenario "The Trial of the Jade Serpent".
    • Lore books are not interactable once a player earns their first Artifact Knowledge point unless they relog.

Quests:
    • Two versions of Jace Darkweaver are visible in Stormwind Keep after turning in the quest "Demons Among Us".
    • The transport never arrives during the Alliance side version of "Call of Duty", preventing completion of the quest.
    • Abandoning the quest "Blood of Our Enemy" after completing any of the associated missions "Blood of Our Enemy" prevents future quest completion.
    • Quest bangs that display on multiple submaps do not display a z-axis indicator.
    • Champion acquisition quest bangs do not properly clean up after associated quest completion.
    • During the quest "The Cycle Continues", party members do not share quest credit when they use Dream Seeds.
    • The Nightmare Creep does not properly display a visual effect during the quest "Cleaning Up"
    • Abandoning the quest "When There's a Will, There's a Way" after completing an associated mission prevents future quest completion.
    • Abandoning the quest "Following In His Footsteps" after completing the associated missions "Archmage Vargoth's Travels: The Nightborne Vault" prevents future quest completion.
    • A "You don't meet the requirements for that quest" error occurs after turning in "The Return of Twilight"
    • Abandoning the quest "Ancient Magic" after completing the associated mission "Ancient Magic" prevents future quest completion.
    • The quest "Unseen Protection" cannot be completed if abandoned and reacquired after it reaches the "Ready to Turn in State".
    • Baron Scaldius does not reset after abandoning the quest "The Firelord's Command" forcing players to reset the instance.
    • The quest "Return to the Firelands" cannot be completed if abandoned and reacquired after it reaches the "Ready to Turn in State".
    • Abandoning the quest "Mission: Investigating Deepholm" after completing the associated mission "Investigating Deepholm" prevents future quest completion.
    • The Deepholm Portal despawns after completing "A Promise of Earth".
    • Interacting with the Earth Giant NPCs for the "Unleashing the Elements" quest does not share quest credit with party members.
    • Abandoning the quest "Enemies of Air" after completing any of the associated missions "Thunderaan's Enemies" prevents future quest completion.
    • The 'Farseer' title isn't rewarded after completing "The Brand of Damnation"
    • The quest "Rise, Champions" does not have a quest beacon poi indicating it is available.
    • Abandoning the quest "Mission: Elemental Diplomacy" after completing the associated mission "Elemental Diplomacy" prevents future quest completion.
    • "A Summons From Moonglade" lacks a quest bang on the world map.

Technical:
    • Mac - Logging into the world can cause a lua error to occur.
    • Game tooltips sometimes get stuck in a state where they only remain on screen for a fraction of a second.
    • Mac - There is a rendering issue while Outline Mode is enabled in Outland Areas.

Beta Test Information
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We've put together a handy infographic to highlight many of the Legion beta features and flow of content starting with the experience in the Broken Shore and running through the Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon.

Where will your journey take you?

Overwatch - Animated Short Incoming: "Dragons"
    Another Overwatch animated short is on the way!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    With every death comes honor. With honor, redemption.

Discover the story behind one of Overwatch’s biggest rivalries in our third animated short: Dragons.

"Dragons" explores the history of conflict between the scions of the Shimada clan: Hanzo and Genji. In this episode, we follow Hanzo as he returns to the siblings' family home in Hanamura once again to seek redemption . . . only this time, he finds himself confronted by the ghosts of the past.

Ready your blade: "Dragons" premieres right here on PlayOverwatch.com on May 16 at 10:00 a.m. PT!

Overwatch Comic - Symmetra
    Another Overwatch comic has been released.

Overwatch is Blizzard’s Biggest Open Beta Ever with 9.7 Million Global Players
    Lots of players gave Overwatch a try during the open beta, with almost 10 million signing up to play 37 million matches over 81 million hours.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard Entertainment today announced that more than 9.7 million players around the world played its upcoming team-based shooter Overwatch® during the Open Beta for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and Windows® PC, making it Blizzard’s biggest open beta ever. By the time the Open Beta came to a close on May 10, participants had joined forces for more than 4.9 billion minutes (over 81 million hours) across more than 37 million matches of intense competitive action, incredible teamwork, and all-out fun.

“We're thrilled that such an incredible number of players from around the globe got a chance to check out Overwatch during the Open Beta,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Our mission was to make sure as many console and PC gamers as possible could experience the full game ahead of its launch—the response was overwhelming, and we hope that everyone had a blast.”

In Overwatch, players choose from a diverse cast of 21 heroes—each with their own unique arsenal of extraordinary weapons and incredible abilities—and team up to complete objectives on battlefields set in locations around the globe. Blizzard’s first-person shooter will arrive in stores on Windows PC, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and Xbox One starting May 24. Heroes from around the world can join the coming conflict by pre-purchasing Overwatch today at www.playoverwatch.com/buy.

Overwatch will be available in English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German, European Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean (PC only), Japanese (PC and PS4™ system only), and traditional and simplified Chinese (PC only). Overwatch has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB.

Activision Blizzard Media Networks Announces Esports Broadcast Network
    You may remember that Activision Blizzard acquired MLG earlier this year. Now we know a little bit more about what they are doing with it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Today at the IAB Digital Content NewFronts 2016, Activision Blizzard Media Networks (ABMN), a division of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced the launch of new content, broadcast experiences and distribution partnerships for its MLG.tv streaming platform.

MLG.tv debuted its Enhanced Viewing Experience (EVE) at the event, a High-Definition video stream with a built-in algorithmic system that provides viewers with match statistics, up-to-the-minute leaderboards and situational insights based on the competition they are watching.

Steve Bornstein, Chairman of ABMN and former CEO of ESPN, took the stage to introduce the network’s host, veteran broadcaster and retired professional gamer Chris Puckett. As host of MLG.tv’s daily ESR broadcast, Puckett will produce up-to-the-minute premium highlights, interviews and news segments for a new generation of sports fans.

“We’re building a network dedicated to the thrill of competition and the passion of the fans,” said Bornstein. “MLG.tv will play a defining role in realizing the full potential of this audience by creating meaningful, memorable and shareable content.”

“Esports is a cultural phenomenon at its tipping point, and we’re excited to work with the IAB to bring this message directly to advertisers as part of the 2016 Digital Content NewFronts,” said Mike Sepso, Senior Vice President of ABMN. “The size of our digital network, coupled with our insights into this audience’s viewing habits, put us in a unique position to educate the advertising industry on how to safely target these viewers and reach them on their platform of choice.”

ABMN will launch this content and more during the MLG Anaheim Open, a two-day Call of Duty®: Black Ops III tournament set to kick off on June 10, 2016. The MLG Anaheim Open will also be the inaugural event as part of a deeper collaboration with Facebook. The collaboration will allow MLG.tv to broadcast live competitions and deliver ESR content to the 1.6 billion people on Facebook.

“Esports is an exciting space and continues to be a growing priority for us,” said Dan Reed, Head of Global Sports Partnerships for Facebook. “With over 1.6 billion people on the platform and a growing suite of VOD and live streaming products that partners can use to increase engagement, Facebook is uniquely positioned to help esports fans connect around exciting moments and great esports content. We’re thrilled to be working with Activision Blizzard Media Networks, a leader in esports, to help fans enjoy and share a variety of exciting new formats and programming on our platform.”

ABMN’s NewFronts presentation opened with a video showcasing the division’s record-breaking live championship held last month at Nationwide Arena. Sepso and Puckett were joined by Josh Cella, ABMN’s Head of Sales, to present the new content and advertising opportunities to a packed house at the PlayStation Theater in Times Square.

Final Boss - Restoration Druid Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-13 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    first? .............

Torn between getting some testing done in Beta and FFX-HD steam release :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    first? .............

Torn between getting some testing done in Beta and FFX-HD steam release :<
    Thanks for the rub in

Deleted
    Why does Vol'jin write letters in his accent?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the Legion Alpha/Beta, but it wasn't playable, i tried getting my Artifact weapon as Guardian druid, but i kept falling down through the world when i entered "Ursoc's Realm" to get my fist weapons.
    Tried going back online every day for the last month, but nope, no success.

Waiting for Legion to launch, hoping i'm able to get it without fail then :P

Deleted
    Tbh a beta with almost 10 million users might as well be called a launch...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought allot more got their beta invites, only three of my guild so far are in beta with me

WTF is with the orcs sounding exactly like humans.

Deleted
    Dat parchment is priceless.

No beta ever, account made on launch in EU, been playing every expansion. What do they have against me?

Poll should have had an option for "received a beta invite but not using it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Why does Vol'jin write letters in his accent?
    Quit trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Leaked" clips made the movie seem more real and more palatable than all of the trailers combined. Marketing has been ... interesting... (read: shit) thus far, but the product doesn't look bad at all.
    ... well... except the blonde Medivh. Idjits.
    ... and trying to make Garona sexy. (puke)
    ... and Ogrim just sounding like a regular human.

Kinda sad it looks like they won't really make the legion connection obvious / show KJ, but I suppose there's only so much lore you can cram in one film. Hoping they flesh that out far more in the "Second War" film.
    .. Actually, speaking of legion..... why has there been NO imagery / screen time of the Draenei? Did they just... cut all of that? I thought there was a clip like a year ago with them all in cages and getting soul-sucked to power the portal.

Also... when the first orc attacked in the forest scene and the horse spooked, I SWEAR that was the Felsteed audio clip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking in to the #nobetaclub again lol...

I have had Alpha from the start and now Beta, but I only test out the artifact questlines, 1 level worth of questing and keep an eye out for bugs affecting mounts (there are many!) + class mechanics at dummies.

I wouldn't say I play the Beta as I will play when it releases. I don't want too many spoilers, and I feel like it's a waste of time to play it non stop when it'll all be wiped eventually. On Live I still raid and chase mounts/transmogs every reset.

Well I have never seen a WoW open beta, Starcraft open beta or Diablo open beta .... so what is the point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post
    "Leaked" clips made the movie seem more real and more palatable than all of the trailers combined. Marketing has been ... interesting... (read: shit) thus far, but the product doesn't look bad at all.
    ... well... except the blonde Medivh. Idjits.
    ... and trying to make Garona sexy. (puke)
    ... and Ogrim just sounding like a regular human.

Kinda sad it looks like they won't really make the legion connection obvious / show KJ, but I suppose there's only so much lore you can cram in one film. Hoping they flesh that out far more in the "Second War" film.
    .. Actually, speaking of legion..... why has there been NO imagery / screen time of the Draenei? Did they just... cut all of that? I thought there was a clip like a year ago with them all in cages and getting soul-sucked to power the portal.

Also... when the first orc attacked in the forest scene and the horse spooked, I SWEAR that was the Felsteed audio clip.
    This is the beginning. There was no Legion, no Draenai, at the beginning. At least the story at the time, nobody knew they existed. Why are you so greedy? You want everything all at once.

So much Overwatch crap. You guys should do some articles on TF2 and call of duty.

The first clip where he's about to be helped up, but doesn't... what is this, elementary school? That seemed silly.

Deleted
    So suddenly all that over the top tits, boobs and ass in your face and anime style characters become acceptable when Blizzard does it. El oh el.

I bet they they could add P2W cash shops and gold selling to their games and everyone would start making exc.... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    So suddenly all that over the top tits, boobs and ass in your face and anime style characters become acceptable when Blizzard does it. El oh el.

I bet they they could add P2W cash shops and gold selling to their games and everyone would start making exc.... oh wait.
    Name one thing in a Blizzard game that uses micro transactions that is pay to win.

81 million hours across more than 37 million matches...what?