Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I saw a commercial for this a couple of months ago, and it just surprised me. Interesting reason for adults do this.

It was recommended to me a couple times for physical therapy. One time was to help me be more efficient using my off hand when I temporarily lost the use of my dominant hand. The second was to help me gain back fine tune motor control after I lost most of the sensation in my hands.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Unfortunately there are some real money wasters out there. Simple, and I mean simple pictures in a book a child could easily be happy with.

THIS is what I call a colouring for adults http://www.everythingetsy.com/wp-con...s-elephant.jpg
    Funny, I did one similar on my phone app! http://i.imgur.com/VUixF9w.jpg
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Kind of complicated drawings, you'd need a sharp crayon. The guy who thought of this probably made a small fortune.
    I'd rather drive the crayon into my brain through my eyes than try to colour that. O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A better question would be, why do you exist? Why do I exist? WHY DO ANY OF US EXIST?

Just because. That's the only reason. Just because.

10+ Year Old Account
    because coloring books are fucking amazing

what is wrong with you

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I need to stop thinking, the word adult means something is sexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want me some happy trees

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Coloring Books.... for Adults. Why does this exist?
    I see someone just watched 2 Broke Girls.

Can't lie, Beth Behrs has the world's best legs and ass.

Silly OP.

Why not? There are some very interesting ones. Not like it's the same type of draw as the children ones.

There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.....the Doctor.

There's nothing wrong with adult coloring books or even adult coloring books. It's all about creativity and expressing it. We have many great works of art and architecture to thank for that.

It's a hobby that helps people relax and be creative. My mom does it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

If they didn't exist, we wouldn't get stupid threads asking about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Because what - coloring is for kids?

Coloring is fun as hell, everything fun you did as a kid is probably still fun today - there's no reason to hide behind "hey, I'm an adult now" argument.

http://hangar646.pl/ - adult-oriented recreation center mostly focused on springboards and foam pools, because why the fuck not.

I'm a grown man and I fucking love foam pools, deal with it. And I love coloring.
    “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    You're asking this on a video game forum?

Specifically, a video game that is generally aimed towards adults?

Do you not see the irony?

Deleted
    Saw one in shop other day, think it`d do my head in trying to even focus on the tightly packed lines, before even contemplating colouring the thing in.

I`ll stick to corrupting colouring in books

Back in the day with my friends for a while we used to smoke and drink and fill out Spongebob Squarepants and Scooby Doo coloring books. It can be fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because you can do this.

What? Because I'm a grown ass man I can't enjoy colouring shit in?
    It's like doing the washing up, for me, it's therapeutic.
    Ye we can tell your pretty childish already tho because your anime profile pic and signature, I would expect you to be the kind of person who likes to do colouring in.

Im in my early 30s, still using coloring books, its relaxing. cup of coffee in the morning and a coloring book on the balcony. some people prefer sudoku,crosswords and so on. I prefer coloring. Whats wrong with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They exist because there is a market for them.

Some people find them cathartic but I think like they are like the participation prize of the art world.