Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Totally man, but what is a man to do when it's movie night, she passes out 40 minutes into the shitty movie she's picked and I'm stuck watching fucking secretariat or some shit? Nah man, that's why you bring in the console bro. Switch that input over, plug in your headphones, but keep the soundbar playing secretariat, she'll never know. Plus, her head does make a good arm/controller rest. If she fuckin stirs or starts to wake up, just switch that input back over.
    Do you take your balls that are in the jar off the shelf first?

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Do like me, avoid paying for a stupid console and buy a computer, enjoy the best graphic possible and download all your stuff for free.
    This. There's always a website that'll sell the game cheaper than it's actual price. Whether it's G2A or some other site.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    $100 worth of DLC is still pretty nuts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Garbage is hardly a nice to way to describe it but I derailed the thread enough.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sounds like you barely play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I quit during WoD. I played for a long, long time. Game is garbage now.
    Opinions, everyone is entitle to like what they want. And it is true that I dont play much WoW anymore but it is not for the lack of wanting, my current situation just doesn't allow me to, I wish I could play way more.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So just bought Doom tonight for the PS4. The original price tag 59.99 but the DLC content is like another 100$ on top of that. So to access the full game, you gotta drop 150$. Being that it is a Bethesda game, I'm already angry at myself for purchasing but it's Doom, how bad could they fuck it up? Starwars battlefront was another good example (Didn't buy the DLC for this). It is getting to the point now where games are being released but actual access to the content is like 3x the initial cost without 3x the content. Anyone else bothered by this shit?
    You've scammed, not once but twice. These games are nothing more than quick cash-grabs. I doubt you have right to complain. Maybe, just maybe gamers need to be more careful about what they purchase and then industry will normalize? The market is literally filled with cash-grabs, alpha sales, beta sales, pre-orders. All scam, unless you are trying to fund up an indie company. Gamers are bunch of suckers, and companies exploit suckers. No offense here, I am a gamer too. I am just too picky about what I purchase.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-14 at 01:42 AM.

Yea prices are getting higher, and games are getting shittier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    AAA titles have always been expensive at the time of release. Original Doom, back in 1993, costed $40 - that's the same as $65 nowadays, according to this.

The solution is simple: wait for the price to drop before buying an AAA title, or buy non-AAA titles. Profit!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Tell your friends to stop torrenting games, which only contributes to the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point.
    Ain't torrenting that is causing the price hike, it is simply the fact games are costing more to make, advertise, and etc. and so naturally price is going to go up. What were people expecting? Games used to be super expensive in the old days too. But the DLC extravaganza is the result of people buying it, so why wouldn't they do it?

15+ Year Old Account
    since I quit WoW I just play Diablo 3 to get my gaming fix, no sub fee, plus they add new stuff every patch for free

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree, but on the other hand we have more access to cheap (but fun) indie games than ever before...

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Hey, at least you don't live in Australia. Imagine if those prices had an extra $20-$30 tacked on for "exchange rate" reasons. But when our dollar is at parity with yours, that extra "exchange rate" cost doesn't go away. So it's there for no reason whatsoever. And yes, half the time, it applies to digital goods too. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> Consider inflation. Games were $50 back in the '80s. Legend of Zelda launched in '86 for $50 (well, $49.99). In today's dollars, adjusted for inflation, that would be $108.64.

2> Development involves way more people and takes much longer, today. More effort is being invested into making these. Prices have stayed so low because the market's growing.
    The gaming market is MUCH MUCH bigger compared to 80s. Anything more than 50 bucks (standard edition) is not justifiable in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Even bigger reason to pirate games, eventually Denuvo will be annihilated.
    how does a game that was released today already have $100 dollars worth of stuff to buy online... for a first person shooter?

I guess I don't pay attention to other games enough, is that a thing now in console games? what kind of DLC is there in DOOM? is it like skins/armor or guns upgrades/inventory boosts. though to be honest, the last console I got was the original Xbox for christmas way back when lol
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The gaming market is MUCH MUCH bigger compared to 80s. Anything more than 50 bucks (standard edition) is not justifiable in my opinion.
    And production costs are much, much higher. The original Legend of Zelda's development team was 6 people, not including the executive director. Pick any AAA game today, and see how long that list of names is. And I'd lay a ton of money down on the side of the development time being longer, to boot.

$60 for a complete game without full 'chapter' expansions is justifiable considering inflation. I don't mind that. It does bother me when companies nickel and dime people over small expansions and features, and things that seem like they should've been complimentary with the original game. I think the borderline for paid DLC between fair and unfair would be the larger Mass Effect chapters, and those might be a little overpriced.

And it won't get any better until people stop giving them money.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Hey, at least you don't live in Australia. Imagine if those prices had an extra $20-$30 tacked on for "exchange rate" reasons. But when our dollar is at parity with yours, that extra "exchange rate" cost doesn't go away. So it's there for no reason whatsoever. And yes, half the time, it applies to digital goods too. Enjoy.
    There is worse. When the parity with Dollar is 3 times of your local currency, add taxes and importer's fee to that you get something like one game ~20% of minimum wage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And production costs are much, much higher. The original Legend of Zelda's development team was 6 people, not including the executive director. Pick any AAA game today, and see how long that list of names is. And I'd lay a ton of money down on the side of the development time being longer, to boot.
    I understand the size of production very well. Still, market is big enough to justify a reasonable amount, such as $50 for bigger titles.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    $100 worth of DLC is still pretty nuts...
    Yea, it's BS.
    On the Xbone store the base games are "fairly" cheap - then you realize you pretty much have to fork out that same price again for DLC.
    The problem with that is you have to download the game but if you buy the hard-copy from an EB games or Kmart or something then the price is back up to ~$100
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    G2A.com is the best place to get games. The prices are absurd but have rising with each new console i remember 30-40$ for n64 era games.. Then the xbox came out and everything was 50.. then 360 and it was 60 and now x1 and ive seen some 70$ but ya its stupid as hell.. Leave them at 50$ since most arent even worth that
    Seeing as the 64 was in 1996, pretty sure 60 bucks is about the same as 40 with the rate of inflation. Considering the cost of production has steadily climbed the fact the prices have not really changed is impressive.