Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I would love to see Everquest's AA system added to WoW. It could use a couple changes, but the idea is something that would help WoW assuming all other stuff stayed the same. It couldn't be a paragon system with no cap though. There would need to be a cap on points due to botting and such, but it would need to be a rather hefty amount.

No. Any form of "alternative advancement" is a cancer of MMORPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    it could, in theory (assuming the paragon levels were wiped on a per expansion basis)

but i can't see it happening
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

I dont think it would work out, simply because it would make boss tuning a nightmare, while a dungeon crawler like D3 can have several difficulty levels, that would be kind of an unruley task in wow, especially considering there are set group events (raids, dungeons, etc) so if you have a spread from 1000-4000 paragon levels with 20 people, what difficulty do you make it.

Essentially wow is too structured for something that affects damage output, now maybe somehting like movement speed or profession efficiency might work out.

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    I dont think it would work out, simply because it would make boss tuning a nightmare, while a dungeon crawler like D3 can have several difficulty levels, that would be kind of an unruley task in wow, especially considering there are set group events (raids, dungeons, etc) so if you have a spread from 1000-4000 paragon levels with 20 people, what difficulty do you make it.

Essentially wow is too structured for something that affects damage output, now maybe somehting like movement speed or profession efficiency might work out.
    Please read again. I stated it would be disabled for things like raids (normal+) and ranked PvP. The other aspects it would be there for, things like random BG's (diminished paragon levels the more people in your group), random dungeons, world stuff, and mythic+ dungeons (disabled until people have cleared up to highest loot cache possible for the week, then enabled for leaderboard epeen.
    There would also include a reset set every so often so people just won't bot and become gods of the game.

No.

Paragons already suck as it is on Diablo...

They should have sticked to Diablo 2's leveling and talent systems.

Instead of the poop we got now.

Dont bring any of it to WoW. It would literally make no sense... different games entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Please read again. I stated it would be disabled for things like raids (normal+) and ranked PvP. The other aspects it would be there for, things like random BG's (diminished paragon levels the more people in your group), random dungeons, world stuff, and mythic+ dungeons (disabled until people have cleared up to highest loot cache possible for the week, then enabled for leaderboard epeen.
    There would also include a reset set every so often so people just won't bot and become gods of the game.
    If you have to exclude them from so much, then doesn't that speak volumes about just how wrong that system is.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you have to exclude them from so much, then doesn't that speak volumes about just how wrong that system is.
    No, as it is a system that would be put in place for the people that complain about "raid or die." It's put in place for players to have things to do while playing solo. It's put in place for players to have something else to focus on when content is dwindling, because as I also stated in the first part of this post, players consume content faster than ever, and for a dev to constantly put in new content to compete with rate of consumption, they would be working 24/7.
    This does not tell me how wrong the system is, just that people read it and think I am talking about a current endgame iteration boost. This is not what I am discussing.

People would just bot it.

Also since WoW is gear based, it wouldn't work well. Character stats aren't worth shit without that high level gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    People would just bot it.

Also since WoW is gear based, it wouldn't work well. Character stats aren't worth shit without that high level gear...
    Well, high level gear gives stats, paragon would give stats, what you would miss out on is set bonuses, which normal would give. Also, everyone says people would bot it, which could be true, but with people bot everything anyways, so not seeing the issue.