Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    He wrote that the proceeds will be used to "fight [Black Lives Matter] violence against Law Enforcement officers" and to "ensure the demise of Angela Correy's persecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric," though he hasn't described how that would happen.

Great person!
    Sounds good to me but I doubt any of the money will go towards that.

R
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is the correct answer. He'll probably have to use a real auction service to sell the gun.

That aside, I don't really see any problem with him selling a weapon that was used in legal self defense that became an historical artifact as a result of media coverage.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're operating on the premise that George Zimmerman isn't basically a stupid person. I think he's probably sufficiently stupid to think public auctions are the best way to go about this.

Maybe, but Zimmerman's been stirring the race pot, all over Twitter. Has announced the desire to spend the proceeds from the gun sale on such things as destroying the career of the prosecutor who tried his case. It's like he's desperate for any and all attention, so it kind of seems intentional. Maybe he just doesn't know when to stop.
    I think twitter finally suspended his account, but not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I forgot he was white....
    It's called "white Hispanic", OK? Come on lockedout, it's the current year. Here, let Certified Genius Ta-Nehisi Coates explain it for you. No one's actually white, there are just people who believe they are white.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    He wrote that the proceeds will be used to "fight [Black Lives Matter] violence against Law Enforcement officers" and to "ensure the demise of Angela Correy's persecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric," though he hasn't described how that would happen.

Great person!
    Yeah, I agree.

It's called "white Hispanic", OK? Come on lockedout, it's the current year. Here, let Certified Genius Ta-Nehisi Coates explain it for you. No one's actually white, there are just people who believe they are white.
    At first I was like pfffff then I realized he is a "self" certified genius so he has to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    At first I was like pfffff then I realized he is a "self" certified genius so he has to be right.
    He's also a MacArthur Genius. He makes a pretty good living making wealthy white liberals feel like they're in the know about racial politics so they can feign deep thoughts at cocktail parties. It takes all kinds, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gun should be stuck in an evidence locker and never see the light of day. This is ridiculous. But it's his property and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    The gun should be stuck in an evidence locker and never see the light of day. This is ridiculous. But it's his property and he can do whatever he wants with it.
    Why if it's no longer evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    The gun should be stuck in an evidence locker and never see the light of day.
    What would be the legal or rational basis for depriving someone of their lawful property used in lawful self defense?

Everyone is making way to big of a deal over a gun.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The top bidder at one point used the screen name “Racist McShootface.”

win.

why was there no option for "I don't give a shit if people sell their personal property?"

The guy was found innocent and put through hell by the mainstream media and exploited by various politicians and their supporters for the sake of perpetuating a selfish agenda. He is never going to be able to live a normal life with that hanging over him - so if selling the gun makes him a lot of money and it makes him happy, so be it. A case could be made that it's in questionable taste but so is hounding someone relentlessly even after they're found innocent in the eyes of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The guy was found innocent and put through hell by the mainstream media and exploited by various politicians and their supporters for the sake of perpetuating a selfish agenda. He is never going to be able to live a normal life with that hanging over him - so if selling the gun makes him a lot of money and it makes him happy, so be it. A case could be made that it's in questionable taste but so is hounding someone relentlessly even after they're found innocent in the eyes of the law.
    Agreed with everything you said here. The only reason people are making this huge of a deal out of this whole situation is because the kid was black. The only acceptable outcome for people is that he should have hanged for it. It doesn't matter if he was found innocent or not. I feel bad for the guy.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the legal or rational basis for depriving someone of their lawful property used in lawful self defense?
    I should have put quotes around the first part of my sentence for sarcasm. I have no problem with the gun being sold. If he gets a decent amount of money out of this good for him. Maybe it will be the last we will hear of him. This was an unfortunate case. He did a stupid thing and the media jumped on it and tried to make him look like the bad guy in a situation where he was being attacked by a thug.

I hope he gets closure out of this and I hope I never have to hear about him again.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-05-14 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Agreed with everything you said here. The only reason people are making this huge of a deal out of this whole situation is because the kid was black. The only acceptable outcome for people is that he should have hanged for it. It doesn't matter if he was found innocent or not. I feel bad for the guy.
    Whilst I have a degree of sympathy for your opinion here, he was found innocent, and the kids skin colour is what made it news worthy, I think that it is important to remember why black kids getting killed by non black people makes the news, and why it is doubtful that if Trayvon was white, the verdict would have been the same, and this is why many people got pissed. He rightly or wrongly came to symbolise a system that puts less value on black lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Zimmerman needs to use that money to move to a country where people will not recognise him.

GZ is a hero and that Kel-tec should be considered a national treasure.
    Working on my next ban.

It's not a binding bid system.

Meaning bidders don't need to pre-deposit funds full or partial that would bind their bids. People are making up accounts.

I predict at least 30 pages before this thread peters out like the last one.

Boring...