Deleted

UK: Man arrested after teaching girlfriend's dog to perform Hitler salute as a prank.

Man arrested after teaching girlfriend's dog to perform Hitler salute as a 'prank'.

"Scottish man who provoked outrage after filming his girlfriend's dog responding to Nazi slogans has been arrested by Lanarkshire police.

Earlier this year Markus Meechan uploaded a video of the dog, a pug named Buddah, responding to the phrase "gas the Jews," raising its paw in an imitation Nazi salute when it heard the words "Sieg Heil", and viewing footage of Hitler giving a speech.

In the Youtube clip, titled M8 Yer Dugs A Nazi, Meechan says: "My girlfriend is always ranting and raving about how cute her dog is so I thought I would turn her into the least cute thing you could think of which is a Nazi."

When the video was first uploaded last month Meechan denied being racist, and insisted he'd made the video solely to annoy his girlfriend, saying: "I am so sorry to the Jewish community for any offence I have caused them. This was never my intention and I apologise."​ ​

He has since declined to comment further

However, a spokeswoman for the Scottish Council of Jewish Communities told the Daily Mirror: "Antisemitism is not something that can in any degree be regarded as a joke.

"It is a form of racism which needs to be condemned just as we would any other form of racism, just as we would condemn Islamophobia or anti-African racism."

Ephraim Borowski, director of the Scottish Council of Jewish Communities added: "To regard the meticulously planned and industrialised murder of six million people solely on the grounds of their ethnicity as a joke is outrageous, and for someone who does so to claim not to be racist, beggars belief."

It has now emerged that Meechan was arrested on April 28 at his house in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire. He was subsequently released pending further investigations.

Detective Inspector David Cockburn of Lanarkshire CID said: “This clip was shared online and has been viewed almost one million times.

“I would ask anyone who has had the misfortune to have viewed it to think about the pain and hurt the narrative has caused a minority of people in our community.

“The clip is deeply offensive and no reasonable person can possibly find the content acceptable in today’s society.

“This arrest should serve as a warning to anyone posting such material online, or in any other capacity, that such views will not be tolerated.”

Discuss.

Guardian Source

If there is reason to believe that he taught it with full understanding of what it represents, then he is as guilty than if he did it himself.
    I would say the context is pretty damning in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    As a Jew, this is hilarious.

If anything, being able to laugh at Hitler while he is dead and I and the rest of the Jews are still living today is the ultimate "fuck you" to the fuhrer. What are they going to do next, purge Youtube of Make it yourself Downfall Hitler freaking out clips? Sheesh.

Will there be a "memory erase" for the dog?

So much for freedom of speech...

The best way to fight real anti-Semitism is to arrest people for harmless pranks, said nobody ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    So much for freedom of speech...
    There is no freedom of speech in Britain or Scotland. Hate speech is on the books.

7+ Year Old Account
    He taught a dog something stupid , not like he rounded up some jews and threw acid in their faces

We already do have a thread about this-
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-s-Nazi-salute

So closing this, please redirect any discussion to that thread.