PROBLEM WITH GPU's!

Hellu

I recently updated my drivers and I seem to have lost all SLI and no longer have the option to do anything with SLI in Nvidia control panel. Both my cards are installed and visible in device manager, my SLI bridge is correctly placed and both cards are working.

Anyone have some sort of answer for might it might be?

Cards are 2xGTX 970

Another issue I got is that one of my cards seems to not run at 16x.

2 screenies too show: check the bus interface part and you will see the difference.

http://pasteboard.co/VfBD67W.jpg card number 1

http://pasteboard.co/VfR5gPR.jpg card number 2

Anyone know whats the issue? remember what I wrote at the start, everything is connected properly, there is no damaged parts, bridge is connected properly and both cards work.
    this issue I dunno how long I've had but I suspect since I got my second card a few months ago because I didn't really notice any performance gain in WOW, CSGO, Overwatch, Dirt Rally, GTA V, Metal Gear Phantom Pain, Witcher 3 etc after I bought it.

What's the PCIe configuration of your motherboard? They should usually be running 8x/8x in the specified slots (for boards other than 2011(-3)/skylake - that support more lanes).
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-05-14 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are you running 2 different 970's or something? They use 2 different brands of RAM is the only reason I'm asking. And both of those lines say it's running PCI-E 2.0x16...
    Check after @ and thats the speed they're using :=) And yes its the same cards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    What's the PCIe configuration of your motherboard? They should usually be running 8x/8x in the specified slots.
    I'm not 100% what you mean here but if you're talking about what slots I use both are x16 and it's the top 2 once.

My Mobo is x79 GD24 8D, it's 2011 .
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2016-05-14 at 07:09 PM.

I also see 'SLI: disabled' in your screenshots, check nvidia control panel settings?
    p.s.: I don't think you'll see any performance gain in WoW anyway since it's extremely cpu-bound.

I can't find your motherboard with google, might not even support SLI, see if you can find the exact model.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I can't find your motherboard with google, might not even support SLI, see if you can find the exact model.
    Thats because I'm a dumbass and wrote GD24 instead of GD45 haha

I deleted my driver and everything except geforce experience and SLI config is showing and I was actually using 1 card in PCI E x16 3.0 and one in PCI E x16 2.0 which according to the user manual was not recommended and it showed that I should use possition 1 and possition 4 both which is 3.0 for SLI/crossfire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I also see 'SLI: disabled' in your screenshots, check nvidia control panel settings?
    p.s.: I don't think you'll see any performance gain in WoW anyway since it's extremely cpu-bound.
    I know, but when I come to think about it I did have some fps drops in places where I shouldn't get it. Example is when did draenei starting area it was certain area's that dipped my fps below 50 while at the same I could raid mythic and my fps would stay around 60-70fps stable.
    i don't know if this has anything to do with my SLI setup tho

- - - Updated - - -

And now my cards are both running @ x16 speeds (at least according to GPU-Z)