Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You aren't going to grow a 10ft tall plant indoors, you are comparing a bonsai tree to a giant sequoia.
    It's not needed and thats the point of hydroponics. It's more like comparing the energy in 1 kg wood to 1 kg oil.
    Seriously have you even tried growing anything hydroponics it sounds like you've missed the whole point of using it compared to growing in soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    It's not needed and thats the point of hydroponics. It's more like comparing the energy in 1 kg wood to 1 kg oil.
    Seriously have you even tried growing anything hydroponics it sounds like you've missed the whole point of using it compared to growing in soil.
    No its not, its like comparing a glow stick to a bonfire. The whole point is because it was illegal to grow outdoors, that's the whole reason people started using grow lights in the first place (outside of nasa). Sure they have a more sterile environment indoors and everything can be regulated closely, but you still wont get the yield or resin density and its much more expensive to grow.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-15 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    No its not, its like comparing a glow stick to a bonfire.
    There is no discussion to be had with the arguments you bring forward. Calling the sun a blob of marshmallows is just as absurd as the argument that you get equal yield from soil grown compared hydroponics. The point of hydroponics is to grow faster and more specific than in soil. You get MORE from it. It's the main point of the expensive equipment used compared to soil.

I'll give you the 2 arguments to use soil over hydroponics.

1) It's easier as you don't need know as much and keep track of alot of different factors.
    2) It often tastes better because it's not as "pure" so you get minerals mixed in.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    No its not, its like comparing a glow stick to a bonfire. The whole point is because it was illegal to grow outdoors, that's the whole reason people started using grow lights in the first place (outside of nasa). Sure they have a more sterile environment indoors and everything can be regulated closely, but you still wont get the yield or resin density and its much more expensive to grow.
    Regardless of all your knowledge on the superiority, you're still wrong in your original statement. Canada can still grow in some way, despite their environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Canada suppose to become a weed capital of they can't even grow real grass on their only MLB baseball field?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    How is Canada suppose to become a weed capital of they can't even grow real grass on their only MLB baseball field?
    It's already explained in the thread.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that, America can't have our weed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Because the SkyDome is closed the majority of the year? Hell, it doesn't get used much between November and March.

When it goes Legal, prohibition will be lifted, which means a TON of people will be added to the already thousands of pot smokers.

- People who used in the past.

- People who were curious about its use.

- People wanting an alternative to booze.

it's going to be the new Coffee.

In fact there is probably going to be THC infused sugar to put INTO your coffee.

Personally I am waiting for that finely crafted, Non-Alcoholic, THC infused beer. If someone comes up with that... a beer that has the same great taste, but gets you high instead of drunk. That would fly off the shelves.

Booze is going to have its day, believe me. When it's legal, it's going to be a whole new world.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2016-05-15 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Fuck that, America can't have our weed.
    We don't need your weed. If you read the article, we already have more distribution than you. Your PM is proposing making it federally legal which would give US businesses a tax incentive to grow in Canada rather than the US. And also allow more stability for industry financial investments.

This is all assuming he can pull it off and can do it before the US makes more steps in legitimizing the pot industry

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    When it goes Legal, prohibition will be lifted, which means a TON of people will be added to the already thousands of pot smokers.

- People who used in the past.

- People who were curious about its use.

- People wanting an alternative to booze.

it's going to be the new Coffee.
    I personally look forward to this day. So many people in the US have a rather large stick planted firmly up their ass. God knows, they could use some mellowing out.

Maybe it will even improve our faltering political climate.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    We don't need your weed. If you read the article, we already have more distribution than you. Your PM is proposing making it federally legal which would give US businesses a tax incentive to grow in Canada rather than the US. And also allow more stability for industry financial investments.

This is all assuming he can pull it off and can do it before the US makes more steps in legitimizing the pot industry

I personally look forward to this day. So many people in the US have a rather large stick planted firmly up their ass. God knows, they could use some mellowing out.

Maybe it will even improve our faltering political climate.
    Considering legislation isn't due until next spring here, I doubt it gets done before America furthers their investment. That said, the US election could change all of that assuming the GOP get elected, it will get shut down at the federal level pretty hard if that is the case. Of course, the states would just sue the feds for it.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    In fact there is probably going to be THC infused sugar to put INTO your coffee.

Personally I am waiting for that finely crafted, Non-Alcoholic, THC infused beer. If someone comes up with that... a beer that has the same great taste, but gets you high instead of drunk. That would fly off the shelves.

Booze is going to have its day, believe me. When it's legal, it's going to be a whole new world.
    I could get into the molecular chemistry of why this would never happen. I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering legislation isn't due until next spring here, I doubt it gets done before America furthers their investment. That said, the US election could change all of that assuming the GOP get elected, it will get shut down at the federal level pretty hard if that is the case. Of course, the states would just sue the feds for it.
    We'll have to see how it plays out.

From what I've seen, surprisingly Trump is completely pro-medicinal marijuana at the federal level and on the fence about recreational use. Hilary is on the fence about medicinal use, stating we need more research. So a Clinton win could actually stifle the marijuana industry more than Trump.