Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Choosing between two people

Hey, dont know if this is even allowed to post here but I have no one to ask so here it goes.

Im in love with my best friend but he rejected me. Shortly after I got rejected I met another guy and things developed and I believe he fits all my standards and he seems perfect in every way, good looking and he truly loves me it seems but I dont seem to get over my best friend and get proper feelings for the second guy...
    I dont know what to do or who to "choose". It feels like I am faking my feelings for the second guy cause I know hes good for me. I want to be in love with him but how can I possibly force that. I need help :/
    It hurts me to love someone who doesnt love me and at the same time faking love for someone that loves me.
    Also Im worried if I go for the second person, I would fall in love with someone else in time over and over again but not for him.

Should I love the person I love or the person who loves me?
    What would you have done?
    Last edited by melkesjokolade; 2016-05-15 at 03:10 AM.

Don't choose the person who rejected you. See if your feelings develop with the second guy or find someone else.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This happens a lot, it always reminds me of that old song. "You love her, but she loves him, and he loves somebody else, you just can't win."

In life you'll likely find yourself on both sides of that situation in a one-way love relationship, but in the end it only works if you both love each other.

Also, love in a relationship can work in cruel ways since feelings change over time and sometimes love is a changing thing, and if your feelings don't match up at the same time it won't work. For example, I once dated a girl for ~6 months, the first 3 months I was head-over-heels butterflies in-love with her. But it was clear she didn't feel the same, and it broke my heart tbh about 3 months in when I realized it probably was just one-way since she was still seeing other guys and wanted an "open" relationship. I realized I was going to have to avoid my heartache by changing my feelings for her. We were still dating though and finally broke up a few months later, and when we broke up and over those last 3 months I realized she eventually had fallen in love with me and was wanting an exclusive relationship (and had cut off everything with other guys), but by then I had lost my feelings for her. So sometimes paths just cross that unfortunate way.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Don't choose the person who rejected you. See if your feelings develop with the second guy or find someone else.
    No, stop stringing him along.

Stop being so needy and learn to love yourself first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Hey, dont know if this is even allowed to post here but I have no one to ask so here it goes.

Im in love with my best friend but he rejected me. Shortly after I got rejected I met another guy and things developed and I believe he fits all my standards and he seems perfect in every way, good looking and he truly loves me it seems but I dont seem to get over my best friend and get proper feelings for the second guy...
    I dont know what to do or who to "choose". It feels like I am faking my feelings for the second guy cause I know hes good for me. I want to be in love with him but how can I possibly force that. I need help :/
    It hurts me to love someone who doesnt love me and at the same time faking love for someone that loves me.
    Also Im worried if I go for the second person, I would fall in love with someone else in time over and over again but not for him.

Should I love the person I love or the person who loves me?
    What would you have done?
    You should move onto a third person.

The first doesn't love you, you don't love the second.

You seem to want mutual love? Move onto a third person. Take time to get over the first.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answers guys

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Basically this. You can not force yourself or others to love. You ether have it or not. But you may grow to love the second guy. Give it a chance, but be up front and honest with him. Let him know, you like him , but at this time, do not love him ,yet you would like to see how your relationship will grow. Never say " I love you" to anyone unless you know you mean it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, if the first guy has rejected you and you don't think he will change his mind, then "choosing" him is not really an option, is it? As for the second guy... I don't know. I would say "no" to someone I'm not sure about, since a lot of things are at stake and there is a potential for someone to seriously be hurt in a non-genuine relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Basically this. You can not force yourself or others to love. You ether have it or not. But you may grow to love the second guy. Give it a chance, but be up front and honest with him. Let him know, you like him , but at this time, do not love him ,yet you would like to see how your relationship will grow. Never say " I love you" to anyone unless you know you mean it.
    Too late :|

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The way I see it, if the first guy has rejected you and you don't think he will change his mind, then "choosing" him is not really an option, is it? As for the second guy... I don't know. I would say "no" to someone I'm not sure about, since a lot of things are at stake and there is a potential for someone to seriously be hurt in a non-genuine relationship.
    First guy rejected me cause hes not ready for a relationship yet and he says he likes me but I dont really know if he feels anything, he probably doesnt but idk if it could develop.

Always pick the guy with the most sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Always pick the guy with the most sauce.
    >.>

<.<

What sort of sauce are we talking about here?

*looks around suspiciously*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    First guy rejected me cause hes not ready for a relationship yet and he says he likes me but I dont really know if he feels anything, he probably doesnt but idk if it could develop.
    It's always hard to know when that's a line and when it's not, isn't it? He might feel something for you but in any case it's a bad idea to wait around for people like that. Funnily enough people like that often become "ready" when you're no longer available and interested in them :/

Deleted
    Seems pretty gay tbh

Sometimes you want someone and they reject you, but they reject you because they are jealous of how you seem to prioritize someone else. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure your best friend rejected you? Or were they just jealous or was something in the way? You might as well straight up tell your best friend how you feel and be 100% direct and ask if they are not interested or if there is something holding them back that can be resolved. Or just assume they don't like you and miss out.

- - - Updated - - -

What COULD be happening is that he has decided he likes you but NOW you've jumped to another guy so now he is REALLY going to back off and reassess. You may have damaged it permanently by introducing a second guy.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.