Thread: Final Warnings

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Final Warnings

Blizzard just placed a Final Warning stipulation on my present account and any future accounts I might make. Anyone had this happen to them before? What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by warpath2017; 2016-05-15 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you do something against the rules? only reason i can see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    If you don't mind....What did you do? Lol

How do they do it to your future accounts? IP? Mine changes like every few days sometimes so I dunno how they'd stop you from making another
    I assume they would use IP. How does yours change every few days?

Then you did something to warrant it. Also never hear of them doing it on future accounts unless you did something unbelievably idiotic.

Scamming. Don't get me wrong, I know it's bad and I accept full responsibility, but their response seems totally unwarranted. There are people in-game who actively sell arena boosts or raid carries for real-world currency, or openly dupe and sell mounts and battle pets who have been active for years. Makes you wonder if these people just have ties in Blizzard to keep their accounts safe.

Well conspiracy theories aside (ties in at blizzard). Bullshit plain and simple. Scamming depending on the level would have the account closed permanently, warned or suspended. Never heard any incident of anyone having their future accounts warned/closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well conspiracy theories aside (ties in at blizzard). Bullshit plain and simple. Scamming depending on the level would have the account closed permanently, warned or suspended. Never heard any incident of anyone having their future accounts warned/closed.
    Scammed for gold successfully maybe 11 times, refunded the gold 4 of those times. Never asked for money or anything blatantly against the ToS. I 100% agree with the Final Warning policy, but applying it to all accounts is new to me as well. Very disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2017 View Post
    Scammed for gold successfully maybe 11 times, refunded the gold 4 of those times. Never asked for money or anything blatantly against the ToS. I 100% agree with the Final Warning policy, but applying it to all accounts is new to me as well. Very disturbed.
    I'm calling bullshit they did to all of your accounts. Each account is singular on it's own penalty system. And to be honest after 11 times I'm surprised you are not permanently banned on your main account.

It is difficult for a company like Blizzard to do a straight IP ban as IPs are often shared amongst users in areas. What they would likely do is blacklist your name/credit information, if they even went that far. I have never heard of a gaming company threatening your 'future' accounts, however.

Yup, they wont ban other accounts on the Battle net. I know a bunch of people who have been banned on wow and diablo accounts and still play other accounts on their battle net.
    No worries there!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    It is difficult for a company like Blizzard to do a straight IP ban as IPs are often shared amongst users in areas. What they would likely do is blacklist your name/credit information, if they even went that far. I have never heard of a gaming company threatening your 'future' accounts, however.
    Exactly. Which is why OP is talking out their arse. Should be thankful he has a final warning now after 11 scams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Yup, they wont ban other accounts on the Battle net. I know a bunch of people who have been banned on wow and diablo accounts and still play other accounts on their battle net.
    No worries there!
    Yep. With D3/SC2 you just ask them to remove the banned one since it's one per account. As for WoW that one is tricky. To remove accounts you have to send them ID as well as other things even if it's banned.

I agree, it is disturbing. Blizzard is clearly treating you like a 2 year old child. What they should have done was to treat you like an adult and just completely ban you across the board after the first time you scammed someone without all this "I'm counting to three and then you get a time out!" baby nonsense.
    Signature not found

Should all infractions be treated the same under the ToS? Meaning they don't weigh the severity of one against the other. Seems like that's what your suggesting.

Deleted
    It happened approximatively five years ago, I was used with racist jokes and stuff like that
    I barely have talked in any channel since, I don't want to get banned, I don't know if i'd get banned for ever if I was to get banned once again, but I don't want to try. Because the reasons why i'd do racist jokes and stuff is because I knew I wouldn't get banned forever tbh

This happened to me, because I used to talk shit alot. The Final Warning thing, not the future account crap. I am kinda baffled how some shit is actually allowed though. Do they still not allow boosts to be sold for real money? Because I've seen people on twitch advertising it and streaming the runs. A few weeks ago to be exact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Shit I just realized someone could quote me and make their sig me saying I like to kill 6 year old kids...
    That'd be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    It happened approximatively five years ago, I was used with racist jokes and stuff like that
    I barely have talked in any channel since, I don't want to get banned, I don't know if i'd get banned for ever if I was to get banned once again, but I don't want to try. Because the reasons why i'd do racist jokes and stuff is because I knew I wouldn't get banned forever tbh
    What kind of stupid shit is that? You really think being racist wouldn't get you suspended or banned eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exactly. Which is why OP is talking out their arse. Should be thankful he has a final warning now after 11 scams.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. With D3/SC2 you just ask them to remove the banned one since it's one per account. As for WoW that one is tricky. To remove accounts you have to send them ID as well as other things even if it's banned.
    Here's an excerpt of their email:

The status of your Customer Support ticket #54****** has changed to “Resolved.”

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:
    battle.net/support/case/detail/54******

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    All of your accounts are under a Final Warning.

This includes current accounts and any new accounts you may create.

Should all infractions be treated the same under the ToS? Meaning they don't weigh the severity of one against the other. Seems like that's what your suggesting.
    Stop treating what you did so lightly, as if it was little. Blizzard clearly isn't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think scamming people out of gold is severe enough that they should warn you that you will be permanently removed from the game, yeah.
    It actively drives away their other customers when people are scamming them. You are a blight on their game that they would want to remove.