[Concept] Solo raiding achievements

How it works
    What I am proposing is a system of achievements and rewards for soloing legacy raids to be implemented for Legion (possibly 7.1/7.3). They will require players to solo all the raids from the three prior expansions (Cata, MoP and WoD). Here are some examples:
    Solo Firelands Raider (5 points)
    Defeat all of the bosses in Firelands on 25 Heroic difficulty alone.

Solo Dragon Soul Raider (5 points)
    Defeat all of the bosses in Dragon Soul on 25 Heroic difficulty alone.

Solo Mogu’shan Vaults Raider (5 points)
    Defeat all of the bosses in Mogu’shan on 25 Normal difficulty alone.

Solo Throne of Thunder Raider (5 points)
    Defeat all of the bosses in Throne of Thunder on 25 Normal difficulty alone.

Solo Highmaul Raider (5 points)
    Defeat all of the bosses in Highmaul on Heroic Difficulty alone.
    There will be one for each Cataclysm raid, leading to the meta achievement:
    (#1) Solo Cataclysm Raider (10 points)
    Complete the following achievements:
    -Solo Firelands Raider
    -Solo Blackwing Descent Raider
    -Solo Throne of the Four Winds Raider
    -Solo Bastion of Twilight Raider
    -Solo Dragon Soul Soul Raider
    Reward: Green Flametalon Mount
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...flametalon.php
    Now, there will also be a meta achievement for the other two legacy expansions, Pandaria and Draenor (as well as an individual one for each raid):
    (#2) Solo Pandaria Raider (10 points)
    -Solo Mogu’shan Vaults Raider
    -Solo Heart of Fear Raider
    -Solo Terrace of Endless Springs Raider
    -Solo Throne of Thunder Raider
    -Solo Siege of Orgrimmar Raider
    Reward: Reins of the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent Mount
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...oudserpent.php

(#3) Solo Draenor Raider (10 points)
    -Solo Highmaul Raider
    -Solo Blackrock Foundry Raider
    -Solo Hellfire Citadel Raider
    Reward: Red Yeti Mount
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/redyeti.php
    Solo all three expansions of raids (#1), (#2) and (#3), and you will complete the following Legacy Solo Extraordinaire achievement, which rewards a nice reward (maybe a title?)
    (#4) Legacy Solo Extraordinaire (25 points)
    Complete the following achievements
    -Solo Cataclysm Raider (#1 above)
    -Solo Pandaria Raider (#2 above)
    -Solo Draenor Raider (#3 above)
    Reward: __________________
    Think you’re just going to take out your Blood Death Knight and be done? No! Once you’ve completed it on one toon, you will also have the opportunity to complete the following achievements which require you to solo those raids with 2, 5 and 8 different classes:
    (#5) Super Legacy Solo Extraordinaire (25 points)
    Complete the Legacy Solo Extraordinaire achievements (#4 above) with 2 different classes.
    Death Knight Demon Hunter Druid
    Hunter Mage Monk
    Paladin Priest Rogue
    Shaman Warlock Warrior
    Reward: ___________________

(#6) Mega Legacy Solo Extraordinaire (25 points)
    Complete the Legacy Solo Extraordinaire achievements (#4 above) with 5 different classes.
    Hunter Mage Monk
    Paladin Priest Rogue
    Shaman Warlock Warrior

(#7) Ultra Legacy Solo Extraordinaire (25 points)
    Complete the Legacy Solo Extraordinaire achievements (#4 above) with 8 different classes.
    Hunter Mage Monk
    Paladin Priest Rogue
    Shaman Warlock Warrior
    Feats of Strength
    In addition to those achievements there will also be two feats of strength:
    Cutting Edge: Legacy Solo Extraordinaire (feat of strength)
    Completed the Legacy Solo Extraordinaire achievement before the end of the Legion expansion.

Master Legacy Solo Extraordinaire (feat of strength)
    Completed the Legacy Solo Extraordinaire achievements with 12 different classes.
    FAQ
    1. What about those mechanically impossible solo fights?
    Blizzard would simply remove the mechanic that prevents players from soloing that particular boss like they have in the past. Galakras would only require 1 person to shoot the cannon, for example.
    2. We won’t have enough gear to do it in Legion!
    Once the mechanically impossible encounters are fixed, all the MoP ones should be fairly easy to do. The WoD ones should be more possible by the end of the Legion expansion, but they will all be doable by everyone eventually.
    3. It’s so easy on my DK but not my mage!
    That’s just the nature of solo content (see Brawler’s guild). There will be some classes that have inherent advantages over others, but it should be doable by all eventually. The achievements won’t be going anywhere. And the big achievements require it to be completed on many classes.
    4. But X reward is crap!
    Well I just made up the rewards on the spot as placeholders. I’m sure the community and Blizzard can come up with much better ideas. Probably the usual cosmetics like toys, pets, mounts, titles and xmog sets. If you have any good suggestions add them to this thread.

The Future
    If there is enough interest for this, it could be expanded into other areas like solo'ing dungeons, timed runs, etc.

Would anybody be interested in a system like this? Or is it just a waste of time?

Deleted
    Neat idea.

Would be a great addition with only a bit of work to be done on blizz' site.

It should be noted though that only a few classes/specs can accomplish all of it. The 5 classes acm might be doable with lots of tries but 8 should probably be impossible.

So long story short: might keep ppl busy even deep into legion. Neat idea, would love neat rewards with it. Some titles as well and maybe some pet just because reasons. ^^

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of adding achievements for the sake of adding achievements. Especially when it's something silly like soloing content I used to do. I wouldn't mind it though, and if it's not much work/people enjoy it, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Neat idea.

Would be a great addition with only a bit of work to be done on blizz' site.

It should be noted though that only a few classes/specs can accomplish all of it. The 5 classes acm might be doable with lots of tries but 8 should probably be impossible.

So long story short: might keep ppl busy even deep into legion. Neat idea, would love neat rewards with it. Some titles as well and maybe some pet just because reasons. ^^
    Thanks. You're right though 8 classes might be a bit overkill maybe that one can be a feat of strength too.

Any title ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievement for soloing old raids, pretty much already exists; it's called Raiding With Leashes..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2016-05-17 at 06:51 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It's not a bad thing to have, but I'd rather they spent time making existing old raid / instance achievements and old raid bosses in general, soloable. Right now, you can't do some of them because of mechanics (have to have five people or something doesn't spawn enough, etc, stupidities like that) - they can simply detect that you are alone and adjust them.

Could be interesting. Maybe achievements when you get all the rare mount drops in an expansion. Along with pets. It isn't amazing but it's something you can work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Achievement for soloing old raids, pretty much already exists; it's called Raiding With Leashes..
    I checked that achievement, and it's nothing like the proposed achievements. It's about collecting pets, not about soloing raid instances. Nice try though.

OT: Not so interested in Solo Raid Achievements. I only wish they'd add more steps above the Quintessential Quintet. Why not have achievements for having all classes at max level? On both factions?

Having to roll DK to complete achievements is not a great idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I checked that achievement, and it's nothing like the proposed achievements. It's about collecting pets, not about soloing raid instances. Nice try though.

OT: Not so interested in Solo Raid Achievements. I only wish they'd add more steps above the Quintessential Quintet. Why not have achievements for having all classes at max level? On both factions?
    Maybe so... But they still prove that you have soloed said instances, simply because noone wants to group for the pets, as it diminishes their chance to get them..

And every raid, up to and including Cata, can be soloed on highest difficulty by a level 100 in questing gear..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I'd love achievements like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

Raiding With Leashes can be completed without even entering a raid. All of the pets can be caged and freely traded. Once you learn it, you can even re-cage it and sell it again. Traded a few of them with a guildmate that cared nothing for the actual pets and just wanted the achievement. A new leashes achievement is long overdue btw.

There are so many achievements that they can implement that revolve around classes. One of each class, one of each race, etc. They can also combine it with the new transmog system that's coming. An achievement for collecting full tier X for each class. A meta achievement for collecting full tier of X expansion.

Deleted
    hmm title ideas ...

How about:

the lonely Wanderer - for the "lowest" level of completion.

the lonely Adventurer - for the second level of completion.

the lonely Hero - for the highest level of completion.

Pet idea ... a little murloc with a wizard hat that randomly transforms into a random dancing race with a random tier set equipped^^ rewarded from the highest level of completion of course.

As others stated one could even include some custom thingies depending on class - so many possibilities, so low chances we will ever see anything like that^^

Deleted
    No, bad idea. WoW is a MMO not a solo play game and we surely dont need more stuff to expect players to solo....