Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

BREXIT the Movie

So it's an hour long. They seem to bring up most of their points in the first five minutes.

My take on this is

1. EU places sanctions on Russia over Crimea and Ukraine

2. Putin and his ally Assad use terror tactics to drive the Sunni refugees into the EU like cattle

3. EU is destabilized

4. Britain wants a Brexit because it can't control refugee immigration

5. Putin chortles with glee

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I hope and pray that the Brits have the balls to pull this off...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I hope and pray that the Brits have the balls to pull this off...
    Out of interest, what country are you in?

Hopefully they will do it. This will give a courage to other countries to man up and do dis too. Its one of the important things to save the Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The brits have a funny way of saying 'shire'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    4. Britain wants a Brexit because it can't control refugee immigration
    This is a factor for some people, but hardly the main argument. Comparatively, we actually have few refugees living in Britain.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-05-15 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The brits have a funny way of saying 'shire'.
    A more accurate statement would be that the rest of the world pronounces it incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Point 4 is untrue.

Actually it is true, they are being overrun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Citation needed.

Britain should be kicked out of the EU and forced to apply for Visas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Britain has around 117, 500~ refugees, with only around 38, 000 of those arriving in 2015.

That really isn't a lot for a country of 64 million, especially considering Germany received about 400, 000 refugees in 2015.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Britain has around 117, 500~ refugees, with only around 38, 000 of those arriving in 2015.
    It's slightly higher now iirc, but yeah. All told it's like 0.2% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The U.K. Is being over run by immegrants?
    I can somewhat sympathize if this person is in London - only 45% of it was British in 2011, probably gone down since.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Out of interest, what country are you in?
    I'm from Germany, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Hopefully they will do it. This will give a courage to other countries to man up and do dis too. Its one of the important things to save the Europe.
    Indeed it is, and I hope it will have a domino effect. This historical abomination has to go away...

Deleted
    Love how they make it sound like the UK's about to explode with jobs and wealth once they're out of the EU. As if the few billion they spend on their "membership" each year would make any significant difference among all the money that's floating around. But I guess that's what people buy into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    My take on this is

1. EU places sanctions on Russia over Crimea and Ukraine

2. Putin and his ally Assad use terror tactics to drive the Sunni refugees into the EU like cattle
    You skipped the part where the United States destroys Iraq and destabilizes the region, creating, in part, the circumstances that lead to the birth of ISIS.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-15 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so still so on the fence about this whole debate, good points come from both sides. At this rate my vote will go on a coin flip by the time the day comes along :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

whilst it's all fun and games for other countries to tell us how things are here..

the issue in my eyes isn't immigration, it's dissipation. the immigrants tend to fill a few select areas, turning them into 'little' versions of their home previously. my town is FILLED with Nepalese. I respect the Nepalese people, *BUT* this town cannot handle the sheer numbers of them, they bring over their families which include elderly parents, and put a strain on the local hospital. not to mention the younger ones are dragging down school quality because their language skills are abysmal. so my daughter has to learn at a slower rate because the teachers have to give them special attention.

my town is over 13% nepalese. not immigrant. JUST nepalese. that's not including all the Polaks and whatever else. I have no issue with the people. they earnt their place here on this island, but having them all centralized like this, puts massive stress on the local infrastructure in place. the local council have just given up and print signs in english and nepalese at this point..

EDIT: I know the Nepalese do not strictly factor into the EU debate, I was simply using them to illustrate the point that over saturation in one area of one ethnic group is not a good thing.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

I actually want to leave the EU, but I might vote to stay just because of this stupid 'Brexit' tag. Why do we have to Americanise everything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    I actually want to leave the EU, but I might vote to stay just because of this stupid 'Brexit' tag. Why do we have to Americanise everything?
    That's the secret. UK leave the EU and then joins to be apart of America, start learning that American national anthem folks :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance