Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Entire side of my dads side of the family, my brother, and my dad. My dads side of the family are all honorably discharged people with amazing jobs but snobish as fuck, my 5 year old brother is a bi-polar psycho path who has attacked my mother and father to the point they actually needed plastic surgery to repair the damage done to their noses, whom has personally attacked me with a hatchet breaking and dislocating my arm as well as biting off a chunk of one my fingers. Much like my dads side of the family he slams me all the time for having a child when I was young. I'm cool with my younger brother as far as I know though no one has heard from him in a few years. Laughably, everyone is cool with my older bro who has no job at 37 years old, lives in my parents basement where they pay all his bills and beer so he can be drunk 24/7. To me they are toxic individuals and I'm glad I don't live anywhere near them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Well. You can always talk to her, you know? Start a new page with her. Because as a grown up man, I always regret not spending more time with my mother and father. You might not see it now, but believe me, mothers have always been mothers.

I once yelled at my mother back in college days, and couldn't stand the fact that she was mad at me. So I had to apologize to her for weeks and kissed her feet. She deserves the most respect. To me at least.
    Mothers are humans too, and not all humans are worth dealing with. At least I don't believe that someone deserves respect purely for the fact that they were fertile at some point in their life.
    (That said, I do respect my mother. She died when I was very little, so I don't remember her, but from what I've been told she was great.)

---

My relationship with my father (only parent) was horrible in the past. I voluntarily moved into an orphanage for a while, but fortunately things got better between us and I moved back home. My older brother still dislikes him, and I think he could learn to deal with him too, but at the same time I understand his reasons, and I don't think forcing them to spend time together is a way to fix it. There's no drama at family dinners, so it's not that bad, but I still wish it would be better.

Other than that... I do have family members that I don't like all that much, but I wouldn't say I despise them.
    Last edited by Zindai; 2016-05-16 at 11:59 AM.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Not in my immediate family. Had an aunt who kind of distanced herself from the rest of the family (she was more concerned with "this is mine, that's mine" stuff when our grandma died than anything else, and that didn't help her relations with the rest of us). I never talked to her again after that, and she died a few years ago. I think my mom went to visit her and made her peace right before that happened.

There was a period where my brother and I weren't on speaking terms with our younger sister (I wouldn't go as far as "despised" even then, but it did get ugly for a while), but things improved over the years. I get along well enough with her now. My brother is a lot more stubborn than I am and doesn't let go of things as easily, but even in his case, he's at least on speaking terms with her.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-05-16 at 01:05 PM.

My family's fine. I don't like my husband's family. They're evil. They live far away though, and I normally just refuse to be anywhere near them.

When there is absolutely no other choice but to visit, such as for funerals, My strategy is simply to tell all my friends to call me, a lot, like every half hour, with made up emergencies, so I have no choice but to take their calls, and stay on the phone with them the entire time.

This way, I can ignore and avoid talking to them, without obvious rudeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Rose View Post
    Do not dismiss your brother yet. We all go thru puberty. That kid will one day be helping you move your furniture into your new apartment, might even be your best man at your wedding. We all have dumb hormones at one point in our lives.
    im 23 my brother is 21

More members than not.

Deleted
    My mother, we don't speak and haven't for almost three years. She's such a hazard to anyone around her. The day she dies will make the planet a better place.

I don't really speak to anyone in my family but I don't despise them persay, they're just those black people who refuse to change and still live in the past and I'm not putting up with that.

My sister is an irredeemable sociopath. She has no empathy for people, animals, or anything, and the fact that she has two children really makes me fear for them.

My father used to beat my mother and made up fantastic lies about his life. I forgave him for all of it (carrying around a lot of hate isn't good for you), but then he did all new (albeit much less terrible) stuff to make me hate him. His whole side of the family really sucks, actually.

Mom's side is pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal Sorcerer View Post
    Its made worse by he thinks every argument needs to end with his winning and me conceding and that I am a total idiot and he knows everything.
    To be fair people like that are exceedingly common. (I have a sister. I'm not going to pretend I'm innocent of it either even though I try not to.) Think of dealing with him as practice.

As for the rest of my family they're fine. My mom isn't quite right in the head but it more makes me pity her than anything.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-05-17 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I can think of two. One for being a religious zealot/flat earth bullshit pusher and the other for being a selfish cunt with less brains than a ham sandwich.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Nope, my family is all pretty great. The one I have the most trouble with is a sister who lies and exaggerates and covers up her problems enough that she has difficulty later seeking help since it requires too many confessions. Other than that she's great though. Even my wife's family and my sibling's spouses and kids are all pretty cool.

I have an older brother and sister. Both are disgusting pigs. Both are gold diggers and are only married to their significant other because they hold high paying jobs. They both treat our mother like shit. They both use their children as a way to manipulate my mother into doing things for them, ie, giving money or else she can't see her grandchildren. Both "borrowed" money from my parents to pay for their second weddings(they will never pay them back). My older brother has cheated on and used women all his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm pretty apathetic toward family members. You're either close to me or you're no one.
    Watch out we got a badass over here.

I really dislike my father's wife, aka my stepmother.
    She's one of those pretentious people who thinks that they are above everyone else, and is constantly correcting everyone over the dumbest crap. It was really funny to see her around my aunt who is the queen of that stuff, but is just one of those obnoxious WASP's from Boston, and totally look like a damn fool. Not only does she do this, but has no job, and basically sits around all day like a total loser. The only thing she does is knit stuff and sells it to some hicks that live around them

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't say despise, I have a few cousins that I can only take so much of but I don't despise them we just have fundamental disagreements on just about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to despise my granddad, but he passed last year. He was a chronic alcoholic, he made his wife's life a nightmare, and he was just a jerk in general. Still, now that he is gone, I do have quite a few fond memories of him. Those rare periods of time when he was sober for longer than a couple of days, he could even be fun to be around.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I don't like my half sister...
    After our dad passed away, was the only time she showed up all of a sudden to see if she gets anything.
    Luckily my dad was smart and left her $1

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I have one of those. One of my aunts. She's a class A manipulative witch. I get very well along with her husband and their kids though, but she is something else.

Since she (as the older sibling) and my father were children she's never been able to accept being inferior to my father in any regard. She always has to be ahead of him, which affects me and my brother too.

When their uncle (who was childless) was getting old and fragile she started persuading him into leaving my father out of his will, basically robbing my father of the equivalent of ~$170000. A sum she's mostly spent on expensive vacations for the family of five and a third car - a brand spanking new, very expensive Mercedes. And this doesn't just apply to her and my father, as mentioned. It's utterly unacceptable to her that I or my brother have it better than her kids too.

I frankly find it disgustingly pathetic. I feel more pity for her than fury, to be quite honest.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always found that blood is thinner than water.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov