Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I am generally good with everyone in my family and wife's family. The only person I have issues with is my own mother. I don't hate her or despise her but she is a very difficult person to be around.

She's the kind of person who is always right and basically tells you how much of a loser you are. There was this one scene in the Simpsons where Seymour Skinner and his mother are in a carnival and Seymour is trying to win some carnival prizes. Then his mother jumps in while he is playing and she goes, "You're failing again. What is it about you and failure." That is pretty much my mother if you hang around her long enough.

While I can tolerate that coming from my mother to me I do not tolerate my mother speaking to my wife the same way. If she tried pulling that shit on my wife in our place she's getting the boot. No ifs, ands, or buts.

As someone mentioned on here move the hell away and time heals all wounds eventually. We can handle her in small spurts but you better believe we am looking for an exit. It has gotten to the point where we don't even stay the night at their place if we can help it.

Deleted
    Despise is a strong word, but really don't want to be associated with? I guess.

I live in the UK, and there is a lot of ridiculous "anti-immigration, there took our jobs" sentiment here.
    My Aunt for example, I have few but fond memories of her growing up, and since Facebook became a thing, and having family on there, you really see how fucking stupid some people are. Britain First posts, let's throw all the Muslims out, etc.

I have been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now, and upon seeing another veiled racist posted, I decided to argue, "You know my girlfriend is an immigrant right? She's from Spain, and she came here for work, and she's probably doing a damn better job than anyone could." She's a graphic designer who moved her, but apparently she's exempt from being just "another immigrant" because... she's family now? Doesn't have brown skin? Why does your logic stop there? Can't you see by that very point that you're being stupid?

So yeah. Lots of family like that. Even my Grandad on the other side of the family, nicest guy ever, loved him in my childhood, and now I see what his opinions are on certain stuff, I can't help but resent him.

Does anyone else have this problem? Not HATING their family, but seeing their opinions and thinking "you know? I just don't fucking like you."