Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
I'll admit I haven't been to Austria for some years, so I can't say for sure and only based this on the articles I've been reading, which indicate an overwhelming majority, like over 80% want to close the borders indefinitely, such as this one:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...-indefinitely/

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS OVERWHELMINGLY REJECT EU MIGRANT CRISIS APPROACH. MAJORITY WOULD SEE BORDERS CLOSED INDEFINITELY

A significant 86 per cent of Austrians surveyed in a snap poll on Sunday night support their country continuing independent action to deal with the migrant crisis, without the guidance or agreement of the European Union (EU).

Despite having spent much of 2015 being highly critical of efforts to close the route, Austria’s government under Chancellor Werner Faymann is now taking a much harder line, and this is proving extremely popular with voters, reports Kronen Zeitung.

A snap poll taken after a Sunday night television appearance by the Chancellor, in which he again called on his German counterpart Angela Merkel to change course on her migrant strategy, found broad agreement with the new direction of travel for the country. With the statement “Austria should continue to set their own migrant policy as long as there is no solution at EU level”, 86 per cent agreed, with 62 per cent agreeing strongly.

A similar proportion also believed Austria should be unafraid to make decisions independently of the EU. Asked “is it right to enforce the Balkan closure along with other states”, 85 per cent agreed, with just six per cent disagreeing strongly.
There´s a difference between trying to handle a situation that got out of control and being pissed off about the migrant crisis. Anyway, that´s not really on topic.