Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I still haven't played Skyrim...

Anyone else have a habit of buying games and never playing them? I feel like I get caught up in the "this will be so cool to play" and forget that I really don't have time to play a lot of games anymore - particular deep storyline or open world games like Skyrim. I just can't find a solid 2-3hrs in one day to really play through.

Skyrim has been sitting in the wrapper since it came out in 2011... it's probably worth money at this point.

It probably is.

I have a "backlog" but I usually tend to work my way through it. However, sometimes I buy games just to have them. IE: final fantasy games. I've beat them all before but to have them on steam now is sort of like showcasing muh collection.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Skyrim is on Steam, so unless it's a collector's edition, I doubt it's worth much, wrappers or no, especially when you can find it on Steam for like -50-80% or something. However, as far as fantasy games go, if you install it with just the right amount of addons - and especially the right addons, it'll be just as good today as it was a few years ago.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Add in the ENB presets and other graphical overhauls they can make the game look so much better.. The place to go is http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/? you can find all that much and more for the game.. There is also another site that can make the game very adult oriented with some very strange and kinky things that can be done in Skyrim..

Lol I also bought Skyrim when was released and played maybe 5 hours total. The game is great but I did not had time to play so I decided I will try complete in another time. Ofc, I still dont have too much free time so the game still waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got 186 hours into Skyrim.

Bought Fallout 4 the day it came out, played it for about 3 maybe 4 hours and came to the conclusion the game just wasnt for me. A waste of 59.99, i just have it there incase one day i decide to play it, which i doubt will ever happen.

Bought it at release, and had definitely good times with it (280-ish hours on it)- though a lot of criticism is well spot on. Generally easy, not that deep story, kinda plain skill tree and character progresssion, and a lot more.

However it's enjoyable, and mods can fix most of the issues, both graphics and gameplay ones. Plus some really welll done new quests/zones.

Definitely worth buying the legendary edition now; even if it's an old game, given how cheap it is right now it's a good deal.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Generally easy
    Skyrim? Well, yeah... That depends. Hardest difficulty and melee character, and you might be challenged. I played a paladin type, with healing spells, shield and mace, and while melee opponents and even archers were sort of doable, trying to fight an ice wizard was suicide.

But, as with all Bethesda games, going with the sneaky sniper type, it doesn't matter what difficulty level you play on, it's always easy mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've got 186 hours into Skyrim.
    986 so far...about to fire up another campaign once I nail down all my mods correctly. >_>;;
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I love RPGs and Skyrim looked so appealing, yet the combat is so sluggish and non-responsive and the quests so dull and repetitive that i uninstalled it after 9 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I love RPGs and Skyrim looked so appealing, yet the combat is so sluggish and non-responsive and the quests so dull and repetitive that i uninstalled it after 9 hours.
    Same here, don't understand how some people have hundreds or even thousands of hours on Skyrim, I got bored after like 4.

Deleted
    Why not post this on the skyrim megathread?

10+ Year Old Account
    I play most of what I intentionally buy individually for at least 6-8 hours unless its bad enough to prompt a refund. My steam backlog is huge though because of bundles and humble bundle steam codes.

I like skyrim, but most of that have to do with Requiem. The base unmodded game is borderline unplayable for me in comparison at this point for various reasons.

I work through my steam backlog in little bites during wow content droughts for the most part. Buy them during the big sales and they just kinda sit there until I maybe one day get to them.

My friend was really big into skyrim and actually gifted it to me on steam but I only got around an hour into it before I gave up because I was very much forcing myself to play it at that point. I just can't do that combat.

He as well as others commonly say you need to mod the shit out of it to make it worth playing, but I just haven't gotten to the point where I'm interested enough to bother. I'd rather it have been a more compelling game in the first place.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I had a similar experience the first time around. I did mostly the main quest and stopped playing after 15 hours. So many years later after seeing though that so many people spend hundreds of hours in it I have given it another go and I am now at 46 hours and I feel like I have barely touched the surface. I use a few mods but yeah I do agree that the combat is one of its weak points. Perhaps though it is just my "old age" as I do feel I get more enjoyment out of this kind of game now than ever before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing WoW in 2006 and i could literally show you a photo of about a 1000 games (+steam purchases) that i aint even played or unboxed due to WoW lol the last few years i've managed to squeeze out a few game completions so maybe i will get to my mountain of games one day!

I think only games I have bought and not played were some final fantasy games. Some of the old ones. I should play them trough some point, but it seems I never find the interest. Time is not an issue, but I don't even remember they are there when I think "what I want to play now?".

Skyrim... I'm the blasphemous guy who played skyrim for 700-800 hours on PC before I even installed a single mod! I know right.

I used to buy movies or games because they might be fun or people I knew loved them. At some point I had several still in the wrappers so I purged most of my games and movies and no longer go into places that sell that stuff unless I want a certain item.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is still being played as if it just came out today that's how good of a game it is. Yeah it has it's retarded bugs but my god is it such a good game. In matter of fact I have it for all 3 gaming platforms, 360, PS3, and just recently PC (I fucking LOVE it on PC). I originally got for 360, it was the collector's edition with the Alduin dragon statue. Then I got it on PS3 because of the Legendary Edition (comes with all the DLC) then I got the same edition for PC a few days ago (already have 20 hours put into it) since I got a new 144 hz monitor and got it for a cheap price on G2A and I'm fucking loving it. You know it's a good game when you have it on all 3 gaming platforms.

But yeah I also have games where I bought and hardly touched. I plan to get to them eventually but everytime I get tired of one game my tastes change and I no longer feel like playing that game I wanted to get to but rather this newer game and it's just a nasty endless cycle.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-05-16 at 04:56 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe