Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I only have Shadow of Mordor and Syndicate sitting and waiting that I play them for the first time.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Skyrim is inferior to FO4 in just about every way. At least FO4 got the combat right.

Skyrim is pretty much trash. Mods and a massive bandwagon made it popular. That some people call it the king of RPGs when it dumbed/stripped down most of TES' RPG features is an abomination.
    Lol I couldn't stand FO4 for more than ~80 hours. That is fine, I got my money's worth from it. It is just that I played skyrim 10x that time before I even installed mods. Even during the last playtroughs I still actually found places and things I did not know until that.

Mods sure make skyrim better...much better, but I find it's unmodded form to still be one of my most played game. No other game has come close to that time at least on steam. Possibly d3 and d2, but can't see how much I have played those.

Everyone says mods make skyrim worth playing. I say it is already worth playing even without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I think the Witcher lore is way lame but hey, that's just me. If you like boning a chick on a unicorn, that's the game for you.
    Sure if your going to look at it like that anything will suck.

But er yeh if you like being a cat that shouts at stuff then Skyrim is game for you.

Everyone says mods make skyrim worth playing. I say it is already worth playing even without them.
    What's there to play? Most NPCs are voiced by the same voice actors, dungeons are pretty much reskins of the same few templates, the gross majority of quests are fetchy, uninteresting ones.

The RPG features were dumbed down immensely, the Guild Questlines are a shadow of their former selves.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Witcher lore is way lame but hey, that's just me. If you like boning a chick on a unicorn, that's the game for you.
    If you think that's what the Witcher is about the RPG genre isn't for you. Mayhaps you should stick to Call of Duty, I hear they're doing Modern Warfare again.

Going through that right now. 6 months ago I forked out money on a brand new TV, Xbone and the only game I play(ed) on it is F1 2015 and NFS 2015. Bought The Crew: WR and NBA and other games, only to play 5 minutes of each.
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    How is it an undeniable masterpiece (LOL) when it has a lot of flaws?
    Because games don't need to be flawless or extremely polished to still be considered great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    And I absolutely love the combat system in The Witcher 3. I'm playing through Blood and Wine on the highest difficulty as we speak and it's AWESOME. Most of the enemies can kill you in 2-3 hits so you really have to be on your toes. The video you linked is completely out of touch with reality - ramblings of a retard who's not good at video games and must let everyone know about it. I personally have no trouble controlling Geralt but I agree that it takes some getting used to.
    I am happy to hear it, because as i said i am gonna try it, so i hope you are right, and no the fact that it takes time getting used to it, it is not a problem for me, that is somehow expected when you play a game with a different combat system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Ok? That sounds like a subjective, personal reason not to get play The Witcher 3.
    Nope that is an objective flaw the game has if what he is saying is true;
    Loot must scale acordingly to difficulty, otherwise the system is broken.
    That might not be reason enough to not play the game, but it is a big flaw in an RPG.

Deleted
    I have a backlog that I'll never complete. There are some gems in there such as the complete Bioshock and Witcher franchises, games I would no doubt love.

It's just the way it is when an MMO is still your nr.1 game . I spent hours upon hours fishing last week, enough to probably complete Bioshock I and II. Stupid I know but I enjoyed it with Cohh his stream on my second screen. As long as I'm having fun /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What's there to play? Most NPCs are voiced by the same voice actors, dungeons are pretty much reskins of the same few templates, the gross majority of quests are fetchy, uninteresting ones.
    The story, crazy right?

Skyrim has no story lmao.