15+ Year Old Account

Truning while casting: mouse or keyboard?

*Turning

Hey mages...I haven't played WoW in a while so I need your help to help me settle an argument with a friend. He claims that while casting you can only turn with the keyboard keys, but when I played my rogue I distinctly remember being able to turn my character with the mouse. So the question is...while casting can you turn with the mouse or do you need to turn with the keys?

Deleted
    Mouse is possible.

In fact Keyboard Turner is a derogatory term used to describe noobs. Not without a reason.

Mouse is faster and more precise (and works)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Mouse is possible.

In fact Keyboard Turner is a derogatory term used to describe noobs. Not without a reason.

Mouse is faster and more precise (and works)
    Ok...so mouse turning won't cancel the cast? That's what he claimed. That turning in place with the mouse while casting would cancel it so he'd use the keyboard keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Ok...so mouse turning won't cancel the cast? That's what he claimed. That turning in place with the mouse while casting would cancel it so he'd use the keyboard keys.
    he's lying/scrub, turning around is not considered moving, therefore won't break a cast, doesn't matter how you turn.

well except keyboard turning is slow and bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I just went on my mage to check ... you can turn with the mouse without canceling the cast.

What he is likely thinking is if you lose line of sight while turning.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

It could, however you would need to have a couple things happen to have it "cancel". If you turn so you are no longer facing AND the cast finishes while no longer facing, then yes it will cancel. Simple solution is be facing when cast finishes

You turn with the mouse. Literally just hold right click to turn the character. Left click as well when you want to actually move. Besides it being far faster and more accurate, it's no different mechanically than the keyboard, thus won't break the cast without a similar reason the keyboard would, e.g. Line of sight or movement.

I'd love to see him try to cast at someone walking through him in pvp lol.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-05-17 at 02:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright. Thanks guys. Looks like I was right. What a scrub XD