Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    500g !!! ????? where does it says it cost 500g to change spec ? .. it says 78g the most expensive after several swaps !! ...
    It started at 500g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    - talent changing is free in cities/order halls

This is why people are bitching. Because of the major inconvenience to simply swap a talent. Nobody cares if there's a minor gold cost like 10g for a new kind of tome required to swap talents. People were bitching at the concept of it costing them thousands upon thousands of gold to swap specs, when often that's at the request of someone else, not their own choice. A lot of those people didn't actually go and sit in beta and work out how much it cost to swap, like mmo-champion has only just posted. Especially since when mmo-champ first reported on the fact it's going to cost an increasing amount of gold per swap, they didn't give even a single BALLPARK figure, and people feared for the worst.

I understand that they want to deter people from swapping between every single pull, and fair enough, but a better way to do that would be to make it so you have to be out of combat for 30 seconds before being able to change talents. Nobody's going to make a group sit there and wait 30 seconds before the next pull just to save 15 seconds on that pack of mobs in a dungeon. But if you genuinely wanted to change talents for a difficult boss or something, you're going to have to either drop this new inscription-made table that'll probably set you back a fairly hefty amount to buy to be able to use on a whim, or hearth and get summoned back, because there's no other way to do it. And if nobody in the group happens to have the table on them at the time, and you don't have a warlock in the group, then you're completely SoL. That's absolutely retarded. That's not a deterrent, that's a punishment.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2016-05-17 at 09:34 AM.

It really won't make much of a difference. Unless you're in a really scrubby raiding guild you'll have the item. People bitching and crying like the sky is falling, it's this community that's dragging the game down far more than anything the devs do.

If You're going to make me switch talents for a Price, you better make them equally good and just a choise for FUN and not this current BullS**t of "this boss: barrage" "this boss needs: a stun" LET ME CHOOSE ! why do Exotic ammo is so crappy ?! NOBODY uses it, survival spec is dead, i can't even Choose in some rows because i don't have a pet, so Spirit Bond, Blink Strike are useless, i do not have master's call or roar of sacrifice and there's no compensation and no choice. You've ruined talents in WoD (for some specs) I Can't play that which makes me Enjoy the game.

I have watched that Overwatch short, no less than 10 times now ... seriously, it's so good. It's my favorite so far, and can only hope they do more like that. I really hope that at some point they consider making a full length animated movie of it. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    - spec changing is free
    - talent changing is free in cities/order halls

and people STILL bitch ?
    Well to be fair, some people enjoyed the old talent system more, and one of the advantages of the new talent system was that it allowed you to basicly make different "loadouts" for different fights/situations, despite being more simplistic overall.

If it becomes something you can't really change "on demand", it will just become forgetable for most people, something you change very infrequently if the meta changes (for more dedicated players) or if you feel bored / want to try something different.

It's just another layer of choice/variety being hampered. Instead of talents, they become simply more abilities in your spellbook that you can maybe change later after the raid. It's pretty sour for someone who liked the old system.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-05-17 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    This is worst idea ever. At first i thought its april fools joke but then i realized its not april. So now i will have to beg scribe to make me tome each time i trying to change talent? Im mythic raider and im not changing talents to have "all abilities available and a lengthy spellbook" /facepalm what a nonsense, im changing talents to utilize my spec as much as possible. That means example when we are proceeding from single target boss fight mechanic into a trash before next boss, im changing my talents to AOE so we can clear trash as fast as possible. And who cares if u can re talent before every pull. Unless you could re talent in the middle of the fight, really WHO CARES? Talents will be swapped before every boss anyway, but now before i know which talents i should pick, for like every other pull on same boss on progress i have to drop this item so i can test which talents are the best. There is theory crafting, but many times talents which seem the best at the time, are not actually the best, and only way to find out is to test it yourself. Who is even coming up with those ideas. I bet its the same person who made Garrison :O

Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    The point of the new talent system was never convenience, I'm not sure where you pulled that from. The driving goal behind it has always been to make talent choices interesting and meaningful again, which if you read the post, is the same goal behind this change too.
    How does a gold cost make talent choices interesting or meaningful?

Deleted
    People literally bitch over anything nowadays, do they?

-2 million gold mount? RAGE RAGE
    -Spec costs some pitiful pennies? RAGE RAGE
    -Mission UI in class hall? RAGE RAGE
    -Vanilla drama.. oh boy.

It's getting old, really. Go play some other fcking game, we don't need you in WoW.

Rage about Rage

Deleted
    The only problem I have with the new system is that they are giving such a huge chunk of power to scribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikoloco View Post
    If You're going to make me switch talents for a Price, you better make them equally good and just a choise for FUN and not this current BullS**t of "this boss: barrage" "this boss needs: a stun" LET ME CHOOSE ! why do Exotic ammo is so crappy ?! NOBODY uses it, survival spec is dead, i can't even Choose in some rows because i don't have a pet, so Spirit Bond, Blink Strike are useless, i do not have master's call or roar of sacrifice and there's no compensation and no choice. You've ruined talents in WoD (for some specs) I Can't play that which makes me Enjoy the game.
    Who are you talking to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winterheart View Post
    The only problem I have with the new system is that they are giving such a huge chunk of power to scribes.
    Because scribes already have so much power with glyphs.... no, wait....

Well, they can make vantus runes, right?

So power. Such scribe. Wow WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Entrophius View Post
    How does a gold cost make talent choices interesting or meaningful?
    It adds some small weight to it. Something to make you consider your options just a little more carefully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    People literally bitch over anything nowadays, do they?

-2 million gold mount? RAGE RAGE
    -Spec costs some pitiful pennies? RAGE RAGE
    -Mission UI in class hall? RAGE RAGE
    -Vanilla drama.. oh boy.

It's getting old, really. Go play some other fcking game, we don't need you in WoW.
    Ppl are giving inputs and feedback on changes that is happening. None is raging, its a disscusion and forums are there for. But you are casual player and i dont see how any change can affect you, so why u even going thru WoW ralated stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol people bitched so much about having to pay an inconsequential amount of gold to swap specs that Blizzard said fuck it and implemented something worse. Way to go complainers

Deleted
    Thank god i am only playing a single spec on my main. So i am gonna use Spec1 for Single Target talent set and Spec2 for Multi Target talent set. Thats how i do it now. I use the default Multitarget set almost on any trash packs and switch to spec1 or 2 (+ alter talents if necessary) on boss fights. You can even bind the spec change via macro to a hotkey so this works quite fluid. As i understand changings spec should be unchanged to WoD

I would honestly prefer the respec cost to the talent change I change talents 10x more often than specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    You don't understand why it is a stupid idea, some specs have very situational talents that are incredibly powerful in that situation.

Like Unholy Death Knights and Epidemic, that means a trip to a Main City or Class Hall in the middle of the raid. "Oh look lets hold up the raid for 5 minutes while one guy has to derp around" so basically limiting things to free changes subsidizes Inscriptionists or makes warlocks a must have for every raid team. If they are going to make a cost to switch around talents go back to Tomes of the Mind so I can buy 3 stacks and not have to worry about it.
    There will be a consumable item which can be crafted by scribes and used by anyone to allow people to change talents in an instance, working for a whole group. There are your tomes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if tabards with restrictions will also be available for all toons in the wardrobe. Like gladiator tabards or rep tabards?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    There will be a consumable item which can be crafted by scribes and used by anyone to allow people to change talents in an instance, working for a whole group. There are your tomes.
    Yeah, I covered that

"subsidizing Inscription"

also

"Whoops nobody has inscription, we are boned" is totally never gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    Yeah, I covered that

"subsidizing Inscription"

also

"Whoops nobody has inscription, we are boned" is totally never gonna happen.
    You don't need to have inscription, just make sure you've bought some tomes.