Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Complain to the supervisor and say you would like to be moved because the guy makes you uncomfortable. Unless you work in a sweatshop, the supervisor will likely consider it.

Start sabotaging him. Put some of that pure capsaicin hot sauce in the mouth and earpieces of his phone, and on his keyboard. It'll dry off and be imperceptible but all of a sudden he'll have horribly burning and running eyes ears and nose any time he comes into the office and he'll chalk it up to a workplace allergy.

Deleted
    deal with it

it may annoy you, but I don't think there is anything you can do except ask him nicely to stop it which you've already done so yeah tough luck

Bro I have a guy next to me who actively runs a white supremacists Facebook page and won't shut up about politics all day.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Start sabotaging him. Put some of that pure capsaicin hot sauce in the mouth and earpieces of his phone, and on his keyboard. It'll dry off and be imperceptible but all of a sudden he'll have horribly burning and running eyes ears and nose any time he comes into the office and he'll chalk it up to a workplace allergy.
    nvm, do this instead

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to drive around early in morning around my neighborhood blasting this

Before you come in in the morning, and every time you get a break, go for a run, even if its just around your building. Sit at your desk with your heavy breathing. Also start talking out loud to yourself. Then you can bond with him over how annoying it is when people do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    So I'm at work right now and the guy that sits on the other side of my desks partition can't keep quiet.

I'm talking:

• Excessively loud breathing
    • Excessively loud moaning/panting
    • Talking out loud to himself

I just asked him if he can stop talking out loud, and his response was:

"No, I'm thinking"
    "put headphones on"
    "not even talking loud"
    "your music half the time is louder"

I just left it there since he's very easily put on edge and I don't want to add "whiny bitching" to his list.

Thoughts on what to do?

I can't put my headphones all day, I get a sore neck from listening to music too long.

Edit: I should have added that it's possible sounds just straight up annoy me.

Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound", is a purported disorder in which negative emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions are triggered by specific sounds. It is also called "soft sound sensitivity syndrome," "select sound sensitivity syndrome" ("4S"), "decreased sound tolerance", and "sound-rage".[1][2] Misophonia is not recognized as a disorder by standard diagnostic criteria, and there is no evidence-based research on its prevalence or treatment.
    Um, not sure why you need to get all medical on this. Usually talking to the co-worker does the trick. I mean, some people just are louder than others by nature. If you're certain that you're not raging yourself into a fit and if it's objectively something other coworkers can confirm, you could probably try to find a new office once the next person quits and a desk becomes free.

(Btw, I often complain loudly about publishers that I'm talking to on the phone... some of them are actually legitimately not able to conduct business properly. :P)
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Kek'd hard.
    You again, with that avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    That post could 100% be about him.

I should do the same and count how many times a minute he makes his noises.

Or I could get my boss to sit at my desk for a day. He had to share an office with a guy who chewed his food with his mouth open and it drove him nuts.

Jack off into his coffee when he's not looking. That'll teach him. Smile knowing he's drinking your baby batter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Jack off into his coffee when he's not looking. That'll teach him. Smile knowing he's drinking your baby batter.
    I only put my semen into people I like.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I can't put my headphones all day, I get a sore neck from listening to music too long.
    I am not even sure how that is a real thing. Unless you have on some 50 pound headphones and a neck the size of a pencil.

If it is a real problem talk to your boss. Before you escalate the problem though make sure it is the other person and not you that is the problem. If this other person is just making reasonable amounts of sound while working then you might be causing yourself much larger issues. You could also try just being moved elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I used to drive around early in morning around my neighborhood blasting this

Nothing like being a shithead for no reason at all. Classy move.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

Nothing like being a shithead for no reason at all. Classy move.
    It was called being a teenager, not exactly uncommon for teenagers to be assholes.

Get some mouthwash and gargle it constantly with your mouth open, deep and loud in the back of your throat. Every now and then very loudly swish it around and spit it out into your garbage can and then start all over again.

When he asks why, explain how you keep catching bugs from his loud breathing and this is merely to protect yourself.