View Poll Results: Does it make you more or less likely to vote for Donald Trump, based on the below

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • More

41 49.40%
  • Less

12 14.46%
  • Unchanged

30 36.14%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Accept the following to be true.

Donald Trump being elected President makes ALL of America's allies nervous, apprehensive and uncertain about the future.
    Hilary Clinton being elected President makes ALL of America's allies relaxed, positive and confident about the future.

As a non-american I am curious as to what Trump supporters think on this issue.
    You mean the allies, the countries who use the US to pay for the defense of the world so they can sit on the sideline and tend to their own economies and peoples? Those countries? Of course they're nervous, they've been getting free rides for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The point is that it is the exact same rhetoric.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit lol

Why do other modern nations have Export surplus, while at the same time their labor costs more than US labor?
    Because we have shitty deal makers in government who don't know what they're doing. Trump will fix that, the DEAL MAKER!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That's not really true at all. We cannot afford to buy products made in the US. So, unless you couple isolationism with progressive social reform, as well as reevaluation of the dollar. Isolationism would drastically change America's living standards for the worse.
    Pretty much this. Hell, even here I never, ever see US produce on our shelves, it's either Irish, Danish, British, Dutch, German or Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They are more reliant on us than were are on them. They might not like us, but they will comply or wither away.
    The EU accounted for €4,604 million (49%) of total goods exports in March 2016 of which €1,003 million went to Belgium and €1,128 million to Great Britain.
    The USA was the main non-EU destination accounting for €2,311 million (25%) of total exports in March 2016.

The EU accounted for 62% of the value of goods imports in March 2016, with €1,282 million (25%) of total imports coming from Great Britain.
    The USA with €700 million (14%) and China with €352 million (7%) were the main non-EU sources of imports.

If the US were to piss in Merkel's shoes, do you really think the EU would wither so much? Sure, a LOT of money would be lost, but on both sides. US produce isn't always the cheapest in the US, same can be said for some produce here too.
    Last edited by mmoc8dc2d50c9b; 2016-05-17 at 05:01 PM.

I want to quote that Wildtree list post and also post that picture of Abe Simpson going into the bordello, seeing Bart, and walking out again. But memes are illegal.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account

Donald Trump being elected President makes ALL of America's allies nervous, apprehensive and uncertain about the future.
    Hilary Clinton being elected President makes ALL of America's allies relaxed, positive and confident about the future.

I can't stand Trump, but I disagree with these things to be true. Trump is unpredictable, true, but he is a shrewd, and he has made it clear multiple times that he is willing to heavily involve diplomacy in his policies (making peace with Russian and Iranian presidents, for example). Hillary is less ambiguous, but she actually isn't going to play friends with dictatorships, and apparently it can be generalized to misbehaving allies as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that it is the exact same rhetoric.
    And your point is? You are trying to drag Trump down by comparing him to Hitler, but only in the good aspects. World domination isn't as bad as comic books and video games make it out to be. The only fictional universe I think did world domination right is Code Geass, in which The main character did some pretty bad things, including a huge bloody war and some straight up mass mind control, but in the end made a perfect, peaceful world, as was his intent. In short, a good leader needs to be a terrible person, able to trade human lives like currency. Because of that, democracies in general tend to be bad, as we would never elect the type of monster it takes to be a good leader. Trump is no monster, but he at least doesn't care about his public image, which is the best we can really get in our system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    And your point is? You are trying to drag Trump down by comparing him to Hitler, but only in the good aspects. World domination isn't as bad as comic books and video games make it out to be. The only fictional universe I think did world domination right is Code Geass, in which The main character did some pretty bad things, including a huge bloody war and some straight up mass mind control, but in the end made a perfect, peaceful world, as was his intent. In short, a good leader needs to be a terrible person, able to trade human lives like currency. Because of that, democracies in general tend to be bad, as we would never elect the type of monster it takes to be a good leader. Trump is no monster, but he at least doesn't care about his public image, which is the best we can really get in our system.
    Your reply to him being like Hitler, is that we need a monster and democracy doesn't work... But, Trump is not a monster... It's like you agree with him, just refuse to acknowledge Trump is the same... even while saying he is...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I dont and not going to entertain a pointless hypothetical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Well that's incredibly short sighted of you guys. The US is the top dog on the world, and should remain so. We're the steam engine that is keeping this train running.
    Top Dog Dun give a fuck bout the bottom dogs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Dilbert's creator sums it up succinctly when he says Trump supporters are voting to elect a hand-grenade to throw into congress. They're not going to put lipstick on it before they throw it.

Basically the don't care that he's crass or that some allies won't like him. The only thing that could lose him support at this point is if that hand grenade is shown to be a dud. Don't see that happening but it's still 6 months till November, so who knows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They are more reliant on us than were are on them. They might not like us, but they will comply or wither away. There is nothing another country can give us that we cant obtain from our own land (oil, minerals, ore, crops, etc...)
    We import far more than we export. Sure, we have resources, but that doesn't mean we have enough to support they lifestyles Americans are used to on our own. Isolationism is the death of America, so fuck Trump, and fuck his idiotic supporters that want us to be North Korea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    So, its in EUs and other countries self interest to keep the trade open with us too. This is why everyone still trades with Russia and other countries. Its not like having a president those countries dont like is worse than say.. oppressing half the population, mutilating them and stuffing them into burkas.
    Other countries losing one country they trade with isn't that big of a deal. They trade with all of the other countries.

The US losing every other country as trade partners fucks us. Sure, we can survive, but the US would drastically change for the worse and resources would suddenly become much more limited.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

trump over hillary always
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    We're in a globalized world. How quickly people seem to forget that the rest of the world is reliant on the US for commercial success at this point...
    The US suddenly disappearing from their trade would be a rather big road bump for them. They are not wholly reliant on the US's existence. It makes their trade more convenient, but they have alternatives and would adjust. The US losing every single trading partner wouldn't be so lucky.

Sorry, the US may be a big world player, but we are not vital to the world. The world will not suddenly collapse if the US ceases to exist. The US losing every single trading partner by making an enemy out of the rest of the world however, would be extremely detrimental for the US.

If there's one thing Trump supporters have in common, it's an over inflated sense of nationalist self-importance. They all believe the US is more important on the international scene than it actually is.

And I say this as a US citizen. I've traveled a lot, most of the rest of the world barely thinks about the US.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Why do people think trade agreements have anything to do with temporary leaders.

Deleted
    Hitler was a narcissist. Trump is a narcissist.
    Hitler appealed to the "poorly educated". Trump appeals to the poorly educated.
    Hitler argued that a certain population group has to be removed. Trump argues that a certain population group has to be removed.
    Hitler said he will bring jobs back. Trump says he will bring jobs back.
    Hitler said that the country should no longer be other nations bitch. Trump says that the country should no longer be other nations bitch.
    Hitler promised to fix the economy. Trump promises to fix the economy.
    Hitler declared that the military needs to be strong again. Trump declares that the military needs to be strong again.
    Do we have to go on with the similarities?
    Make Germany great again?

Accepting this as true and all over factors the same, I don't understand how anyone would want to vote for him more than they do.

I would say it's a stupid question, but then the poll results...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Trump over Hillary always.

trump won't back down like a coward like obama I LOVE that in a leader of a country.. don't let people push you around when you have the best military in the world.

for me it's as simple as this.

Look at the people in this forum. The very same people who are against trump the most are the same ones who support movements like BLM and are usually fervently anti American

People like wells, Daelek, batman, arnaine, advanta, ninespine.....etc etc.

If those are the type of people that trump pisses off the most, he must be doing something right.

Not that I'm voting for him. It does make it tempting
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2016-05-17 at 06:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Trump over Hillary always.

trump won't back down like a coward like obama I LOVE that in a leader of a country.. don't let people push you around when you have the best military in the world.
    If Trump becomes president, I'll be glad that we have a legislature that can overrule and even impeach him if he does anything unnecessarily aggressive with our military, all because someone insulted his easily bruised ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    for me it's as simple as this.

Look at the people in this forum. The very same people who are against trump the most are the same ones who support movements like BLM and are usually fervently anti American

People like wells, Daelek, arnaine, advanta, ninespine.....etc etc.

If those are the type of people that trump pisses off the most, he must be doing something right.

Not that I'm voting for him. It does make it tempting
    Honest question, do you feel any reservation about servicemen and women that might have to follow a madman's orders on unnecessarily aggressive campaigns in the middle east? I personally value the lives of our soldiers a bit more than to let Trump be in charge of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The US suddenly disappearing from their trade would be a rather big road bump for them. They are not wholly reliant on the US's existence. It makes their trade more convenient, but they have alternatives and would adjust. The US losing every single trading partner wouldn't be so lucky.

Sorry, the US may be a big world player, but we are not vital to the world. The world will not suddenly collapse if the US ceases to exist. The US losing every single trading partner by making an enemy out of the rest of the world however, would be extremely detrimental for the US.

If there's one thing Trump supporters have in common, it's an over inflated sense of nationalist self-importance. They all believe the US is more important on the international scene than it actually is.

And I say this as a US citizen. I've traveled a lot, most of the rest of the world barely thinks about the US.
    You are simply incorrect. Anytime the US Economy farts, the rest of the world is downwind. Do a little research. The entire world trades on the dollar by default.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    You are simply incorrect. Anytime the US Economy farts, the rest of the world is downwind. Do a little research. The entire world trades on the dollar by default.
    I know how influential our economy is. Still holds true that embargo on the US would hurt us far more than our partners, who have trade alternatives. Here's a pretty famous quote, that holds very true, "Just because you are important does not mean you're not replaceable." There are hundreds of countries out there. The US loses access to all of them, everyone else loses access to the US. Who stands to lose the most there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    trump won't back down like a coward like obama
    That's what scares me the most...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.