Deleted

Farmer Saldean. It's about damn time!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3706549?page=1

About damn time they did something about the douchebags ganking this npc and stopping the entire leveling experience in Westfall because it's a bottleneck npc that gives you a quest that allows you to progress further, and also it has a huge ass respawn cd, something stupid like 30 min or something. There was no pvp solution as Horde players would just one shot this npc, and even if they died in the process, they still annoyed about a dozen players who had no choice but to stand around and wait for it to spawn only for it to die again.

I reported douchebags griefing months ago and nothing. Only when this thread popped up, Blizzard finally decided to do something about it. Though it's probably because they expect an influx of players as a result of the movie and they don't want those newbs to suffer and get pissed because some douchebag keeps killing a vital npc over and over.

So what exactly are they doing to fix it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    So what exactly are they doing to fix it?
    Easiest is to just remove his pvp flag.

i killed this dude a bit last night. kind of a shame they really hate town raiding so much, considering it happens so little anymore.

first they buff guards, now crap like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i killed this dude a bit last night. kind of a shame they really hate town raiding so much, considering it happens so little anymore.

It's a bottleneck npc that has no pvp solution because he dies in one shot (even that one is overkill) and has a huge respawn timer. Even if he was surrounded by a full raid of Alliance players defending him, he would still get one shotted and even if the attacker died in the process, his purpose of griefing would still be achieved as he just made a lot of levelers wait for the npc to respawn. This isn't wpvp, this is pure 100% griefing, no different than camping lowbies.

Of course there are ways to avoid this, such as moving to the night elf leveling area (as I always do to avoid the crowded Westfall, not just because some jackass kills this npc), which doesn't have bottleneck quest givers or use the x-realm tool to jump to another realm, but a new player to the game doesn't know these things and will just get pissed.

There is a reason the level 1-5 areas of both factions have a ton of max level guards - so new players don't enter the game to be greeted by high level griefers turning their quest area into a mess.

People are such crybabies.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Time to stalk Jeany, Crybaby of the Alilance.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I just ignored the quest chain completely and just grinded murlocs along the entire shoreline until I was 15. It's probably faster to level that way anyway assuming you're in full hierlooms.

Deleted
    People actually still do quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Honestly, I just ignored the quest chain completely and just grinded murlocs along the entire shoreline until I was 15. It's probably faster to level that way anyway assuming you're in full hierlooms.
    I think this Jabroni was referring to new people... but if you are loomed up, why not just hit Stockades? We hordie's ding 10, pick a spec and hit Ragefire for 5 quick levels of soloness.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

There is a big difference between raiding a town for some PvP fun and completely ruining someone's leveling experience. Saldean needed a fix, period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    People are such crybabies.
    The difference between this and getting ganked is that Saldean can be killed regardless of realm type, and there's so few instances of Westfall so realm hopping is a hit and miss. If OP complained about getting ganked I'd just lol, but this is actually a pretty frustrating thing in WoW, and it isn't exclusive to Saldean because Alliance kill that farmer dude north of Crossroads who is another bottleneck all the damn time too.

10+ Year Old Account

It shouldn't be that easy, a single player going to lowbie location and ruining their experience? You call that town raiding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    So, do people actually want vanilla back or do they want this bullshit?
    Geeeeez

10+ Year Old Account
    im sure we just lost another raid tier for this

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    So, do people actually want vanilla back or do they want this bullshit?
    Geeeeez
    they want what they think vanilla was

the literal perfect game

#MakeWestfallGreatAgain

Don't worry, we can find another way to gank an NPC endlessly to influence WPvP!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."