M Mannoroth help

Hi all,

Hoping you can clarify a few questions around the M Mannoroth fight, and specifically based on the Big Dumb Guild strategy. You can see it here for reference: https://youtu.be/ikTHjs0XVCg

For Phase 2, the Wrath of Gul'dan marks, do you always get applied consistently to Melee as Red / Green and to Ranged as Skull / Blue or is this random?

For Phase 2, how exactly should we deal with Felseeker since the raid is stacked on top of the boss? Do people just run away to bait it and then stack back up? Is there a specific person Felseeker usually goes to like Ranged or Healers?

For Phase 2, Wrath of Gul'dan immunity soaking, what classes can do this? I would assume Mage with Ice Block and Hunters with Deterrence.. anyone else?

For Phase 2, since raid is stacked directly in front of the boss, isn't there an issue with this? Do none of his abilities do frontal damage at all?

For Phase 2, the person that gets the Mark Of Doom that's supposed to be in middle (i.e. on top of everyone), does that person just need to run away somewhere on his own and that's when we let a cast go off to pop all of the marks?

For Phase 3, I imagine this is where you make sure all healing CDs are up. What specifically do guilds typically assign here and to what abilities? Something like Spirit Link for Gaze I imagine? Or Healing Tide when bombarded by the yellow circles?

Thank you guys in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    For Phase 2, the Wrath of Gul'dan marks, do you always get applied consistently to Melee as Red / Green and to Ranged as Skull / Blue or is this random?
    IIRC both BigWigs and DBM use consistent marks for melee and ranged yes. They might not be the same as in the guide tho, so just do a few tries and see who gets what.

For Phase 2, how exactly should we deal with Felseeker since the raid is stacked on top of the boss? Do people just run away to bait it and then stack back up? Is there a specific person Felseeker usually goes to like Ranged or Healers?
    Felseeker can only target ranged and healers yes. So during p2, they have to move out when it's about to spawn and bait it. Melee can obviously stay in.

For Phase 2, Wrath of Gul'dan immunity soaking, what classes can do this? I would assume Mage with Ice Block and Hunters with Deterrence.. anyone else?
    Paladins with bubble, monks with zen med/diffuse magic etc, rogues with cloak (but only for a few seconds) and the tanks can also help as well. I might be forgetting more tho.

For Phase 2, since raid is stacked directly in front of the boss, isn't there an issue with this? Do none of his abilities do frontal damage at all?
    Nothing in p2 does frontal damage, no.

For Phase 2, the person that gets the Mark Of Doom that's supposed to be in middle (i.e. on top of everyone), does that person just need to run away somewhere on his own and that's when we let a cast go off to pop all of the marks?
    We had the middle person run directly behind the boss but this might be a bit dangerous since pushback is usually right after dooms. You can have him staying in the same spot and use a raid cooldown, 1 doom explosion won't kill you.

For Phase 3, I imagine this is where you make sure all healing CDs are up. What specifically do guilds typically assign here and to what abilities? Something like Spirit Link for Gaze I imagine? Or Healing Tide when bombarded by the yellow circles?
    You don't need cooldowns for the fear, just proper soaking (2 people per fear). The dmg in this phase comes during the pushback and right after it, on the felseeker explosions. So use mitigation cd's during pushback (rally/devo/barriers/bombs etc) and throughput after the felseeker spawns (tranqs/hymns etc)
    Last edited by mmoc6694d1218e; 2016-05-17 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    From my own experience there is more healing to be done in p2 then p3, also depending on how good your group is at standing out of fire/stacking, but you still want to save cds for both. Have spirit link/barrier saved for p2 gazes and some throughput cds for imps landing. In last phase the gazes shouldnt need cds as you need to assign people to soak these gazes with immunities/cds and normally you just sacrifice the second set of gazes. Save some cds for empowered pushback like Tide or Devo.

Deleted
    Healing is a very dynamic topic in this fight because most of the damage run-of-the-mill guilds will see is simply avoidable damage. I'm not even talking about volley. The amount of black rain damage and imp spawn damage guilds progressing usually see is enormous plus the frost patches at the end may be mistakenly big so a very good guild could use 3 or 2 healers and feel very comfortable but an average guild could use 4 and be fine.

Concerning cooldowns, I'm not an expert on it, but I believe the main danger points are a big overlap of abilities towards the mid-end of the next-to-last phase and whatever mess you've created at the end of the last phase.

Again though, most of that is avoidable so it really depends on the guild regarding what amounts of healing you need.

Phase 2 is where you need healing CD's. Not phase 3. In phase 2 you have imps landing followed by pushbacks followed by fears and other such combos. Use these CD's there.
    @tobindax, you always seem to manage to answer questions no one asked.