Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Two C'thuns in one battle??

I just finished getting wiped by a warrior...I thought I had him and he somehow played a second C'thun at the end of the fight..I can't for the life of me figure out how he used two. Can you have more than 1 of a Legendary card in your deck or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there's a card that resurects cthun if it's dead and puts it in your deck.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doomcaller - Give your C'Thun +2/+2 (wherever it is). If it's dead, shuffle it into your deck.

source: http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/35211-doomcaller

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    holy crap that's OP
    Not really. It's only good in Control Warrior mirrors. Most of the time you just play it as a 7/9. Games usually don't last long enough for it to see full value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Not really. It's only good in Control Warrior mirrors. Most of the time you just play it as a 7/9. Games usually don't last long enough for it to see full value.
    I disagree. Not that it is OP but that it is actually kind of good. It lets you double dip with your C'thun and play your first one early. I've won a lot of games thanks to doomcaller. Actually I've had three C'thuns once... First one was mine, obviously. Second one I got with throughtsteal and third was resurrected with doomcaller. It was glorious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If you manage to have the time and board control to play a 10-drop, an 8-drop afterwards, and then draw and play another 10-drop...well, I mean, you kinda would or should have won with most any strategy.
    Whatever rocks your boat. Actually the nice thing about C'thun is that you don't need board control to drop him, and even if that wasn't so, well over half of my games go beyond T10; either against other control decks or because the opponent's aggro was not quite aggro enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you manage to have the time and board control to play a 10-drop, an 8-drop afterwards, and then draw and play another 10-drop...well, I mean, you kinda would or should have won with most any strategy.
    Control vs Control, its up in the air till the end you know.

Or mill/fatigue decks.

Also, C'Thun IS board control, he pretty much wipes your opponents board whenever you play him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    I believe there's a card that resurects cthun if it's dead and puts it in your deck.
    Technically Shifter Zerus could of done it too.

But that's stupid lucky if he does turn into C'thun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I disagree. Not that it is OP but that it is actually kind of good. It lets you double dip with your C'thun and play your first one early. I've won a lot of games thanks to doomcaller. Actually I've had three C'thuns once... First one was mine, obviously. Second one I got with throughtsteal and third was resurrected with doomcaller. It was glorious.
    Correction. Most classes except Priest don't get to see Doomcaller get full value. Priest games always go close to fatigue, or they lose early because they didn't draw removal.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    It really only matters if you actually manage to draw it a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    most control v control tend to go down to fatigue since wotog I've found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And, as it turns out, I frequently do.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    holy crap that's OP
    Actually a lot of C'Thun decks don't run it since it's very slow and your odds of the game lasting long enough for C'Thun to draw twice are pretty low. Also I don't think it works if C'Thun is Hexed/Sheeped/etc, only killed.

I run it in my Druid deck and it's rarely useful. Think it only did its job properly once. And the fucking thing loves being in my opening hand.

Control Warrior would fit it a lot better though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Zerus C'Thun on turn 10 would be a major jizzpants moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Zerus C'Thun on turn 10 would be a major jizzpants moment.
    I had Zerus C'thun on my turn 1, is that good enough?

This actually happened for me, but he didn't get my C'Thun's stats, he remained a 6/6.

I had Zerus C'thun on my turn 1, is that good enough?
    That's a major tearpants moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Ye you can theoretically have 3 cthuns via doomcallers.
    Theoretically, because even playing 2 cthuns is very difficult to pull off.

First, you need to play first Cthun. You can play it early cos you know you have a rez for him. But what if opponent hexes or polys? What if he entombs? Mind controls? Cthun needs to DIE on your side in order for this effect to work.

Second, playing Cthun is often used as a finisher, 90% games second one isn't really necessary.

Third, these are all lategame cards. Good luck pulling it all off in this zoolock infested meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    200% agree with Bov, you dun fucked up with getting a 10/8/10 - my games do not really last past the 8/9/10th hand - and if they do, you dun FUCKED UP (blame rng btw, werks' evritiem m8)