Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Also how the title to such an article isn't politician brutality or policy brutality, is beyond me. The clicks, gotta bait them!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's barely even the news story. He apparently plans to take from Harper's playbook and shutdown the criticism process in the house so he can just power legislation through without the opposition getting any say.
    I think you mean the book of any political party that made it into power with majority seats lol. Unless you are young in which case i guess it would look like Harpers book from the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I think you mean the book of any political party that made it into power with majority seats lol. Unless you are young in which case i guess it would look like Harpers book.
    Except that it's a far cry from campaign Trudeau who spoke of reforming the first past the post system. Now he's just abusing it. He knows damn well he was voted in by strategic voters. Up until the 11th hour the polling was hinting at a conservative or liberal minority government (with slightly greater chance of conservatives) but a shit load of NDP and Green voters voted strategically to prevent the conservative minority scenario. And he still only scored about 39.5% popular support.

And I'm aware they would all probably do the same thing. But it's getting tiring. It doesn't make it any less shiesty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man handling? That's such a sexist term! Where's the womanhandling?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

talk about overreaction... he barely touched her and it was unintentional.. other parties are trying to milk this to make political gains.. pathetic

As much as I love knocking Canada, this is ridiculously petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    As much as I love knocking Canada, this is ridiculously petty.
    Well I'm expecting the people who are most likely to rush to his defense and point out that this is obvioulsy manufactured controversy are also the people who were in a frenzy over the Donald Trump body guard "assault" incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    talk about overreaction... he barely touched her and it was unintentional.. other parties are trying to milk this to make political gains.. pathetic
    Do you have another view on this? A man blocks the camera, so we don't know how hard she's hit. I also think it was unintentional, but he did grab the other man and drag him away. Both cases are assault in America.

Curious why this is being down played. Is politicians grabbing and shoving others common in Canada?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening a thread with that kind of mockery and baiting isn't going to lead to productive discussion (and largely hasn't). Locking this here.