Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Preist Hall conflicted

Out of all the Order Halls in Legion I feel Priest is the dullest. I don't think the Layout really makes sense. Lorewise Priests tend to be Holy and while I love Shadow Priests I think they should be in a separate room. Sure they have opposite sides of the Temple but I don't think Holy Priests would be okay with an open room of darkness in their temple. Maybe a hidden passage to an underground shadow lair would fit better. The two coexisting 100 feet from each other doesn't seem likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

That is what Priest is about. Balance between two extremes. There is a reason why the class has clearly distinct specs and it's not two different classes (light/shadow). Therefore, having the Priest hall which is composed of elite Priests accept both sides is requirement in my eyes. If Shadow was underground, it would imply that they are the "bad" ones in a sense when they are simply an opposing view which is not inherently wrong.

My issue is that it lacks polish and intricate details that give the mage and druid halls so much character. The little nooks and crannies filled with portraits, decor, named NPCs, trivia, flavorful throwbacks from previous expansions. The priest hall looks empty and underworked.

The order hall has very little character, which is unsurprising because the class has very little character to speak of. Even so, they somehow manage to display even less distinction than the class itself-- it's all just generic light/space goat stuff, plus a broom closet with poor lighting that's supposed to speak of some sort of generic shadow magic.

Nothing about Elune, nothing about the Loa, no grand cathedrals of the Holy Light that humans might be for, no goblins at all to speak of (seriously, you could not stick one Goblin Airborn Priest in there?), I think I saw one gnome but that might have been a player character..

It's more like Velen letting us stay in his summer home than trying to assemble a pan-denominational organization.

And, like, where the hell is it even supposed to BE? Is that ever addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    The order hall has very little character, which is unsurprising because the class has very little character to speak of. Even so, they somehow manage to display even less distinction than the class itself-- it's all just generic light/space goat stuff, plus a broom closet with poor lighting that's supposed to speak of some sort of generic shadow magic.

Nothing about Elune, nothing about the Loa, no grand cathedrals of the Holy Light that humans might be for, no goblins at all to speak of (seriously, you could not stick one Goblin Airborn Priest in there?), I think I saw one gnome but that might have been a player character..

It's more like Velen letting us stay in his summer home than trying to assemble a pan-denominational organization.

And, like, where the hell is it even supposed to BE? Is that ever addressed?
    Looks like it was supposed to be part of Auchindoun and they just cut it off to use as an Order Hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

I really hate the fact that it not connected to the real world like the paladins or other class halls.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Niskara

That is the location of the class hall. Additionally, the Paladin order visits it and it appears to be a major thing in the universe, even if it's not that popular in Azeroth.

It does feel very bland compared to the other class halls. That and, typically playing a Human Priest, I prefer the cathedral-like imagery, but they kinda did that with the Paladin class hall.

I think it fits Draenei Priests very well...but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The order hall is beyond fitting. It is bland, its boring, it looks like (and could actually be) recycled assets from WoD's cancelled Karabor alliance hub, it has little backstory or significance and will be completely irrelevant to our class outside of what is being created for Legion, and it even doesn't exist in Azeroth, just like priests don't exist in the developer's minds.
    Its perfect!
    Welcome to the priest order hall, where you're constantly reminded that your class only exists to complement others and any real focus is either an accident or an afterthought.

This class has existed since vanilla and is only JUST getting thematic unification in Legion for Shadow and Discipline. That speaks volumes. Meanwhile, Paladins and Ashbringer are essentially the entire reason they decided to do artifacts and order halls in the first place.

I'm really just super bitter about everything. Tired of doing grossly inferior damage on Shadow "cause you have utility like shackle undead" while ferals are tearing up the damage AND off healing in pve and pvp. Tired of being labelled "THE" healing class when we're usually outhealed by other classes. Tired of being a class that exists in the margins while Paladins chill in the spotlight for the grand champions of light, and affliction warlocks dance about in the spotlight for "shadow mage" and dot class.

Sigh. At least Void Entropy is gone. ._.

TL;DR I'm a Shaman now.

EDIT: This is easily the most negative post I've ever made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dian Keto the Cure Master View Post
    Looks like it was supposed to be part of Auchindoun and they just cut it off to use as an Order Hall.
    I'm almost positive they used assets from the cancelled Karabor city from WoD.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2016-05-21 at 03:50 AM.

void entropy is gone but so is life grip for shadow lifegrip was FUN.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Yeah, priests get short end of a stick from Blizzard, who could've guessed. Guys, seriously, most of you are playing this damned class for decade, you should nave already beed used to how devs treat us (hint: mages=rogues=warriors=warlocks >>> druids=death knights=paladins > hunters > monks > shamans >>>>>>> priests; like that, in everything, for fucking years). Like, you should be an absolutely moronic developer to remove reverse life grip from shadow, yet they've done it! Remember how many years it take them to give Holy priests a normal lightwell? How many expansions shadow priests play with no aoe tools and no burst tools? How many expansions we had Divine hymn being absolute shit not worth casting - and that was happening when shamans get instant tranquility totem on top of already OP as fuck spirit link one...

I can really continue this list to eternity. Just get used to the idea that we're playing the class that always gets shorter end of a stick.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-24 at 08:04 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

You can probably put Shaman on the same tier as Priests. Their shit's so bad even Binkenstein is rolling a mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    That is what Priest is about. Balance between two extremes. There is a reason why the class has clearly distinct specs and it's not two different classes (light/shadow). Therefore, having the Priest hall which is composed of elite Priests accept both sides is requirement in my eyes. If Shadow was underground, it would imply that they are the "bad" ones in a sense when they are simply an opposing view which is not inherently wrong.
    ^ This. We're not warlocks, practicing forbidden magic in secret cabals hidden in the sewers - for most Priests - the Light and the Shadow are two faces of a singular coin. The only priestly order that does not openly practice in this way are the Priests of Stormwind - and that's because their city is (over)run by Paladins.

Paladins are fools who believe that existence would be better if the Void were eliminated. They do not see that to do so would be to strip away all the distinction that is life, and suffocate us all in radiance of a thousand suns.

We coexist, they crusade.

For the Priestesses of Elune, our lady witnessed the birth of existence at the conjugal pairing of the Light and the Shadow - she reminds us nightly that it is only the reflection of the Light, seen amidst the backdrop of the Void - that beauty can be perceived. Beauty springs from the contrast - without contrast - all beauty dies.

Edit: Doesn't mean I wouldn't be game for a better class hall. One thing I really don't get is how - when we're all going to the Broken Isles to investigate Ancient Nelf (Priest!) Temples - the class hall is a Draenei crystal boudoir. It's pretty enough, I guess.

If I had my way though, our temple would be an ancient nelf ruin on the broken isles - the roof long since crumbled to the ground - with a proper (faster?) Day/Night cycle above. To stop the Burning Legion, we will need the Priests of Azeroth to investigate the ancient nelf temple (Temple of Elune) that was used to entomb Sargeras there. The obvious congregation point for all our orders, should be at whatever ruins we can find to give us a clue of what to expect - or how to defeat - Sargeras: ancient nelf (Priest!) magic is obviously the key - it worked last time.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-05-24 at 09:57 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The problem with that explanation is that the Netherlight Temple is not balanced by an extreme on either side. The place is very heavily tilted towards the light aesthetically and what little ambiance and personality it has is dominated with draenei architecture and themes-- a race that is absolutely synonymous with the Light.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that explanation is that the Netherlight Temple is not balanced by an extreme on either side. The place is very heavily tilted towards the light aesthetically and what little ambiance and personality it has is dominated with draenei architecture and themes-- a race that is absolutely synonymous with the Light.
    The Draenei Soulpriests and Soulbinders have a storied history with Void magic. Their decision to emphasize the Light is a deliberate effort to differentiate their perception from their Eredar brethren. The Eredun (the Eredar+Draenei, prior to their division) were almost certainly in agreement as to the the coexistence of the Light and Shadow.

Being that they are newcomers to Azeroth and the Alliance - an Alliance which overemphasizes Stormwind and therefore a Paladin-centric perspective - they are wise to manage their appearance. No doubt a result of their fortunate arrival adjacent to the Night Elves - a race whose near-worship of the Shadow (the Night) is concealed only by our careful choice of words

Prophet Velen was a Holy Priest, that does not mean all Draenei Priests are - virtually all of their other notable priests are Soulpriests: their term for those who study Shadow magic.

Edit: Also - the Na'aru which are also commonly perceived to be beings of the Light - actually have a life cycle which involves a period of becoming a Dark Na'aru. Whenever a Na'aru is damaged, it becomes a dark Na'aru temporarily - it may then become a Void Lord - and only a Void Lord can actually be 'killed'. So to speak anyway, since to murder a Void Lord leaves behind a spark of Light energy - which may potentially regenerate back into a Na'aru some day. This demonstrates a very complex interrelationship between the Light/Shadow within them.

Further, the Na'aru themselves preach a coexistence of the Light and the Shadow:

"Without the void, the Light cannot exist." - D'ore

And - the motivations of the Na'aru themselves is kind of suspicious when you look into it - while some like A'dal seem to preach the Light pretty heavily - they also say questionable things sometimes. And of course, they were inspired from a Star Trek episode, in which an (evil) Crystalline Entity persuades people to betray their village so it can murder them for... sport? sustenance? Unclear.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-05-24 at 11:01 PM.

If you delve deep into the lore you can find all that out, but it's not readily apparent. It's surely not apparent in the class hall. Hell, the first thing you see every time you walk in is a draenei giving you a Light-based blessing as you walk out into the big, empty, well lit amphitheater of an order hall.

I mean, damn, they could at least put Moira in Shadowform.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you delve deep into the lore you can find all that out, but it's not readily apparent. It's surely not apparent in the class hall. Hell, the first thing you see every time you walk in is a draenei giving you a Light-based blessing as you walk out into the big, empty, well lit amphitheater of an order hall.

I mean, damn, they could at least put Moira in Shadowform.
    Agreed - I'd definitely be down for more Shadowy rep at least

The way I've gotten by is that whenever I see a Draenei acting all goody-two-shoe with the Light - as a Nelf I give them a wink and knowing nod, "I know your game."

To quote Jung: “There is no light without shadow and no psychic wholeness without imperfection. To round itself out, life calls not for perfection but for completeness; and for this the “thorn in the flesh” is needed, the suffering of defects without which there is no progress and no ascent.”

The Class Hall is pretty staid, but that works for the typical idea of a Priest's place of contemplation. However, for battle priests, which WoW's exemplify, contemplation and peace is a jarring juxtaposition. The Class Hall fits in the most classical meaning, or Draenei.

Something more along the lines of Auchindoun (mixture of the current Class Hall + elements of Soul Priest/burial grounds) or a true Temple of Elune (given the spoiler going around) would be more fitting. Something that feels like more races are welcome.