Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rain, thunder, hair dryers - love em all.

Rain is my favorite weather.

Yep, I love the sound of rain, really heavy rain, the most relaxing thing ever is when I am lying on the bed, with the windows slightly open, and its pouring down outside. So soothing. Thankfully I live in Scotland, so we get a lot of rain... lol.

Deleted
    Yes, I do. I have a ceiling window, and the sound of rain pouring down on it while sitting inside is extremely nice and makes for a really cozy atmosphere. Bonus points for thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yes, I do. I have a ceiling window, and the sound of rain pouring down on it while sitting inside is extremely nice and makes for a really cozy atmosphere. Bonus points for thunder.
    Make sure to check regularly it isn't leaking Those things tend to be great at causing structural damage around them due to minor leaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Make sure to check regularly it isn't leaking Those things tend to be great at causing structural damage around them due to minor leaks.
    You're so practical. lol

Yes I do like the sound of rain. I like to sit on the porch when it's raining and drink a cup of tea or maybe have a beer.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    For me, the best nights sleep I ever had was when I lived in a rural area surrounded with trees. When it was really windy, and raining, I found it sooo relaxing. Don't forget a bit chilly so you snuggled up that bit tighter with your duvet. Now i live in an estate just outside of town. Sure it's quiet, but no trees, all I have is the rain.

But, I live in Northern Ireland. Literally, our summer is where the rain is warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You're so practical. lol

Yes I do like the sound of rain. I like to sit on the porch when it's raining and drink a cup of tea or maybe have a beer.
    Just a fair warning
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Sure, it can be fairly relaxing sometimes. Same goes for thunder. Something majestic about it all.

Wind however can go to hell, unless its a cool breeze on a summer's day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yeah, had the problem like 2 years ago due to hail damaging it - luckily, it didn't cause structural damage, but only a puddly on the (stone) floor. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a pluviophile, absolutely. I love the sound of rain on my window, the flash of lightning filling my room followed by the crash of thunder. The smell of fresh ozone before a storm is one of my favorite things.

It's OK. I really dislike the smell afterwards though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I'm only happy when it rains.

The sound of rain splashing against the window is probably the best sound in the world.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love it. Living in Washington State affords me plenty of it.

For some reason the gloomy weather makes me write better and makes me overall much more creative.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Yes, it's quite soothing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We use to own a old 1890's period house which had a metal roof. Loved to sleep when it rained there. This spring I installed a new metal roof over my house and now get the same thing. Not as loud however, as I installed it over the old shingles. But we can certainly hear it better now.

I love when it rains when I'm sleeping, so relaxing. Even better with thunderstorms. Sometimes I'll even head to YouTube and play one of those 10 hour rain videos to help me drift off to sleep : D

I do and I don't, because it means I have to mow more often

15+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy the sound of rain, in fact my favorite place to be is at a family members lake house sitting out under the awning while it's raining. What I really enjoy more than that are the sounds of a good storm. The wondrous collaboration of rain, wind, and thunder gets to me. I always sleep better than when a good storm is roaring outside, I've even tried the white noise storm simulators to help my insomnia. Unfortunately nothing comes close to the real thing.