Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    To be fair, a point can be made for the early FoK's. After the heroism opener using Prep you need to cycle quickly the combo points to get vanish back for the (originally doomfire) next Shadowdance. The FoK's between ShD 2 & 3 don't make a whole lot of sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Anyways good luck on the boss, if you start having roster problems during summer we'll be taking a raiding break soonish and could possibly get someone to help you out if needed here and there.
    Thanks! I'm sure we'll get it down, we've only had a couple of nights on him so far and we wont be clearing again so can devote full time to the boss.

As for the individual feedback regarding mages in particular - thanks a lot and I've taken it back to my raid group. Hopefully they'll take it on board and we can improve on future nights. Thanks all for all the messages.

10+ Year Old Account
    the 1 doomfire strat is stupid imo. save your lust. it'll be so much more useful in the nether. take the time to learn how to do fire properly now and you'll reap the benefits later.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont have so much time now so i will just say some short things about 3 ppl:
    The assarogue should play sub! Especially u play the 1 orb tactic his burst is important.
    The mages are rly bad. The ones mana is too low the whole time. Out of the burnphase it should never drop lower than 85%. The other mages seem to be afk for some seconds because his mana is at 100% for some seconds.

Mages, affli and subrogues will bring the best burst so i think this info will help you a little bit. I will write some other things down later.

Think it's all pretty much covered, but one of the key things when trying to get a single doomfire in phase 1 is to nuke the hell out of the boss. Our first doomfire dies to passive cleave (trinkets and other splash damage although occasionally a ranged or two with throw an unnecessary instant on it). When you look at some of your DPS on specifically Archimonde in phase 1 it's quite low, which makes sense when you look at the damage to the first doomfire (there's a lot of people - basically all your dps - swapping to it): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&target=95.1
    Only people that don't look like they are padding off it are your sub rogue, 2 mages and 1 of the boomkins. Everyone else seems to switch to it more often than not.

Also make sure everyone prepots, healers too.

Not sure if it was mentioned but another trick that might help trying to only get 1 doomfire is that for anyone with soul cap, make sure you're out of range of the deathcaller when it pops so the damage all goes in to archimonde and isn't split between the two. That's something we had/have our soul cap users do and can make a difference (depending on how many you have).

Once you get everyone to focus on the right target, and tweak a couple of things, assess where you're at for phase 1 damage then and make a call as to whether you can do it with 1 doomfire or not.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero412 View Post
    DK should play Necrotic Plague and probably use the class trinket, our DK only plays breath now because he doesn't swap to infernals and stays on boss when it's up. This will sacrifice burst in P1, but will help in the long run.

nope. your DKs should play breadth. There is no need for NP even in final phase. If you are going 1 doom fire that is. Phase 3 infernals is about planning ahead. 4 groups, which groups grips/which infernal and each group kills its infernal and switches to help with the others. At this gear level, with proper target switching it is ok.

We did it with one SP and 4 dps shaman. not the best classes but can be done.

You need to be patient and let people understand their priorities for each phases.

phases 1, bust boss single target. warrior dps doom fire and cleave execute it.
    phase 2 start, survive and dont fuck up lasers. use shield tronic during progress to go through the lasers + chains.

tips: DKs can time their ams to take zero damage from 2 lasers.

transition the boss properly to final phase

final phase:
    learn patterns
    plan raid CDs for each infernal wave
    DO NOT burn dps CDs on waves with 3 infernals. save big CDs for first wave of 4, pot for second.