Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I need to see a woman without makeup before I can decide if she is worth investing time / money.

Some can hide really ugly stuff.
    This post comming from someone with an Orc avatar is incredibly amusing.

As for the topic: Indifferent in personal use. If people wanna use it, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sure. Men use various techniques too, though...hairstyle, dyes, tans, tattoos, piercings, facial hair, general grooming stuff. Attire. Body/weight management. Obviously most aren't mutually exclusive to men but really we all do some sort of maintenance/style management.
    Well yeah, all those things don't really hide your core face though. Hair is just a topping, as is tanning and dyes. Piercings will make you a bit harder to recognize, and most men who have facial hair have it for a very long period of time, not on in the morning and then off. They do look different when they shave though, so facial hair really is the closest thing to make up a man has. It;s a good example of how some women can look drastically different in a short amount of time because of makeup, just like men who took months to grow the bear will look drastically different after shaving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    Are you asking is it okay for men to wear it? I think that was handled back in the 80's but it is still a long way off, If I could wear makeup and make girls get all hot and bothered like guys do for pretty girls all made up. Then yes and how, shut up and take my money!
    Not really no. Just asking what you think of it in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Sure. Although I personally prefer minimalistic makeup on women.

Do I find it dishonest? Not sure about that tbh. To a very small extent? Sure. Does it bother me/do I have trust-issues over it? Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Well, think of it like this. If you are dating someone for the first time, you really wouldn't know what she truly looks like since she would probably be wearing makeup. Do you care at that point that the person who you are trying to get to know is already being dishonest with you in how they look?
    I'm more interested in the person than the facade, with or without makeup.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It's not really any different that wearing certain types of clothes to be prettier. I don't know why some guys have such a big problem with make up. But then, it's mostly men on the internet who have unreasonably high expectations of women in response to not being able to actually find a woman willing to put up with their bullshit.

I am unable to step a single foot outside my house without putting my make up. I would literally feel naked without it.

But all I normally wear is a little waterproof eyeliner and a 12 hour lip stain.

I am as blonde as it gets, and my skin is practically translucent. Without a little color and definition, I look like a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post

Make-up is disgusting in so many ways, and I don't blame the people who use it - it's not their fault that they've been told by society and most importantly by marketing and every pop culture icon since they were kids that if you're not wearing makeup, you're ugly.
    That certainly is another issue. Some women and girls are made to have such low self esteem about how they look, and then makeup feeds on that and makes them feel like it can make it better. So it starts to get sales from them simply because no one is bothering to look at the core issue. All they see is a girl who has an interest in makeup. They don't bother to look past it and say that Maybe they have low self esteem and need some words of encouragement rather then trying to alter how they look through makeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really care for it, but i neither approve nor disapprove of it. It has its uses, like covering up my acne when Im having a bad day / week.

I don't mind if they wear makeup. But I do think some people overuse it and just looks ridiculous, but not really my problem. Otherwise its usage isn't too different from me shaping and styling my hair, or just generally dressing nice. Image is important and makeup can help with that, so go for it!
    If you find yourself relying on makeup to make you pretty you should probably deal with the actual problems instead though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    That certainly is another issue. Some women and girls are made to have such low self esteem about how they look, and then makeup feeds on that and makes them feel like it can make it better. So it starts to get sales from them simply because no one is bothering to look at the core issue. All they see is a girl who has an interest in makeup. They don't bother to look past it and say that Maybe they have low self esteem and need some words of encouragement rather then trying to alter how they look through makeup.
    This is a common trend in many women's products.

Make you feel like shit then try to sell you the solution.

Of course these days they're trying to reclaim it a bit. Now it's more an opiton and if you wanna do it, then here's where you can go, and if you don't want to it's okay.

Some guys are even getting in on it and it's pretty impressive at what some of them can pull off.

I personally find it unattractive and a turn off. That said, people can do whatever they want, they don't need approval to wear makeup.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    what is there for me to approve? If a women wants to use it that is up to her.
    The most I can do is not date her for it, but why would I do that?
    If it gives her a better feeling about her self and makes her feel more beautiful why would I disapprove of such a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Yes but many don't use it for men they use for themself.
    My girl tells me the same thing when I ask her.

Honestly as long as she wants to do it to her body she can, it's her body. As long as you think she is beautiful without it then I don't see what's hurting anything. I rather her buy makeup to feel better about herself than alcohol or meth.

She goes the whole 9 yards, and I feel like I'm with a model, but when she doesn't have it on, I feel like I'm with a model that's not wearing makeup. She says it's therapeutic to her and loves to try new things so I let her do it. Now if your bae is terrible at it then maybe you should send her some makeup tutorial videos as a hint

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I'm indifferent but I prefer as little as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Anything beyond lipstick/lipgloss is heresy.

HERESY I SAY!
    Lipstick/lip gloss is the most useless of makeups, it gets all over everything/everyone and comes off shortly after application unless you get the all-day type and forgo things like eating/drinking for most of the day.

I went out today with nothing more than chapstick, think I did fine. Went out for dinner with a friend and some dude was giving himself whiplash from turning around to stare at me/us during the dozen or so times he deliberately walked by our table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lipstick/lip gloss is the most useless of makeups, it gets all over everything/everyone and comes off shortly after application unless you get the all-day type and forgo things like eating/drinking for most of the day.

I went out today with nothing more than chapstick, think I did fine. Went out for dinner with a friend and some dude was giving himself whiplash from turning around to stare at me/us during the dozen or so times he deliberately walked by our table.
    Call me sheltered, but this might be the first time I've seen a girl on the internet make totally unverifiable claims about their own attractiveness the same way that the internet alpha bros do. Truly we live in a gender neutral world these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Call me sheltered, but this might be the first time I've seen a girl on the internet make totally unverifiable claims about their own attractiveness the same way that the internet alpha bros do. Truly we live in a gender neutral world these days....
    I never said I was the hottest shit on the planet and nor did I claim that things like this happen on a daily basis, but yeah this happened and he was pretty obvious about it.

There's a picture thread in the OT forums by the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Up to them, really. But there's some major fuglies that really need it.

Deleted
    Some wear it to attract men, some use it so they look better than other women.

I use makeup in small amounts because I don't like to plaster it on, I already have a fiance, and I hate other women and couldn't give a shit about what they think of me xD
    Therefore it is purely so I feel I look nice (when leaving the house or even staying home). It's nothing to do with self esteem as I never started wearing makeup until I was about 17 and out of school but now in college.

Obviously if I was going to something important like a party, I like to make myself look nice, but I don't see putting on makeup as any different than putting on nice clothes. Do you go to a wedding in shorts and a sports top with sunglasses? I hope not. Sometimes its just about looking nice overall for the occasion.

In saying why I personally wear makeup, there ARE the girls who slap it on everyday and it makes them extremely different in appearance and usually because they have self esteem issues, but it's not about lying to men for a BF, I would say it's just about them feeling good.

It's a tricky issue I agree, but girls wouldn't have to wear so much if they weren't so hard judged on appearance, which we know is hard because we simply can't help it, but then all most guys want is some hot girl, so if they take off their makeup and they don't like what's underneath, its really the guys issue and not hers.