Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    yes you will find most comapnies have a few dinosaurs still kicking around and an abundance of new people... not a lot in the middle though.
    I think it really depends on what industry you're in and what company you work for.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    "work 20 years for benefits" doesnt happen anymore. companies figured out it was a lot cheaper to hire someone for 5 years then fire them for someone else who is willing to start at the bottom.
    Companies don't fire after 5 years, they just don't offer the benefits to begin with. Nobody wants to deal with constantly retraining people, a well practiced employee base is desired in any industry.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not if you're a quality employee. theres folks working at my company that have been here for 40 years +
    Also worth a note is that there are quite a few successful, motivated people that don't want to stay somewhere for 20 years. There's nothing inherently wrong with bouncing around a bit, filling different roles that someone's skills are well suited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Also worth a note is that there are quite a few successful, motivated people that don't want to stay somewhere for 20 years. There's nothing inherently wrong with bouncing around a bit, filling different roles that someone's skills are well suited to.
    indeed

go where you are happy and best compensated.

I just chuckle a bit at the kids on here that are always whining "gee golly, no companies pay well anymore, or offer benefits, woe is me"

It's more like, you aren't educated or skilled enough to warrant additional benefits or high pay, so instead of making yourself more marketable, you blame everyone else for your shortcomings