Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Hands down the best Xpac since BC."

Yeah, it was pretty good. Whine on, pipsqueaks!

In fairness the reddit seems to glow positivity at times... and the issue with WoD was the content didn't last a month, not that there wasn't good content
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

"I thought garrisons would be a dumb minigame"

Well, he nailed that at least.

"if they can nail the raids"

Did they? 2 tiers?

I enjoyed the shit out of WoD as a non raider(or casual raids whatever they were called) - for a while.

I can totally see why WoD has drawn so much ire at this point. It is not really defensible imo, ask him now what he thinks.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post

Did they? 2 tiers?

I enjoyed the shit out of WoD as a non raider(or casual raids whatever they were called) - for a while.

I can totally see why WoD has drawn so much ire at this point. It is not really defensible imo, ask him now what he thinks.
    There was no way for somebody to have known then the content drought would last as long as it has. It's kind of sad since the one thing he wasn't sure about -- raiding -- turned out to be one of the best things about this expansion. Unfortunately, that was pretty much the only thing that was good (outside the leveling experience, which is most likely what this player was basing their experience around).
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-05-20 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    I actually liked WoD, at first. Playing the garrison without the addon, felt fun to think of the combinations of counters that I was missing and preparing my followers to have 100% on all BRF mythic missions, while trying to get a lot of scavenge hunters and epic mounts.

The problem was that it didn't have the necessary development throughout, so it became stale and boring at some point. But I thought the leveling was great, with immersive story telling and multiple little "bounties" you could complete as alternative leveling route. Also, the mythic encounters were good and enjoyable experiences. Alas, these two big positive aren't enough to make a great expansion, so WoD can't be "hands down the best Xpac since BC".

But if it you feel better for mocking people that were enjoying their experience in the game a year ago, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post

Did they? 2 tiers?

Mythic raiders were generally pleased with WoD raid content. So yea, they nailed it.

Two raid tiers+ expansion gap really has nothing to do with how good raid content it.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    In November 2014, when that was posted, I also thought WoD was good. The early content (leveling, building up the garrison, dungeons) was all really fun, and it took several months for me to get tired of it. The problem was that no more good content besides raids were released after that.

Leveling was enjoyable, despite the various plot holes
    garrisons was enjoyable while you built it up, sucked after it became the poster child of quecraft
    Raiding was top notch I didn't like BRF but that was for other reasons then encounters
    and????

everything else was just horrible in wod, Ashran and pvp in general was anti-fun, from simple balance, mechanics, rng loot on rng loot, and of course trashran.

Deleted
    WoD had the best content they ever made, imo. But they had this genius idea to not include replayability into it, making it a lot of fun for 1-3 months (depending on how much you play).

To bad first impressions didn't last in this case, hey

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only thing wrong with WoD was not understanding that a large part of the population will never raid no matter how little else there is to do.

Mythic raiding in this expansion is completely amazing. My guild is 12/13 mythic and we're still raiding full time.

My hope for Legion is that the grind for your weapon will be something that everyone will want to do and take a super long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was actually a pretty awesome xpac, it just was pathetically short. Since Tanaan was suppose to be part of the launch game, it essentially was a expansion without a major content patch, which given how much content MoP had, was a major step down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    From a year ago. Wonder what they think now.

This just reinforces the point that you can't really judge an expansion until it's a year or more in. The patches and what they bring (or don't bring) are a key part of how good an expansion is.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    From a year ago. Wonder what they think now.

This just reinforces the point that you can't really judge an expansion until it's a year or more in. The patches and what they bring (or don't bring) are a key part of how good an expansion is.
    TBH, after 14 months of SoO anything new would of seemed fresh and awesome and the best thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    TBH, after 14 months of SoO anything new would of seemed fresh and awesome and the best thing ever.
    Which is why I take all the beta comments about how great Legion is looking with a HUGE grain of salt. Expansions are huge bursts of new stuff. Of COURSE they're fun and if they're at all well designed, most people will react positively. Talk to me a year after the expansion release date and then we can start sizing up the quality of the expansion.

Well, WoD was pretty awesome the first month or so. The levelling was fun, building and designing a garrison was fun, raiding was fun. Apexis was never fun though.

The main issue the expansion had that after that first month, we got two raids and one "content update," which is fairly little over a two year time period. WoD could have been a very good expansion if it was treated properly.

It's funny how a content drought suddenly makes the initial release of the expansion suddenly less than the praise they initially gave it... as though something suddenly changed.

A ton of people definitely said WoD was great during the early months of it, praising the questing experience in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Which is why I take all the beta comments about how great Legion is looking with a HUGE grain of salt. Expansions are huge bursts of new stuff. Of COURSE they're fun and if they're at all well designed, most people will react positively. Talk to me a year after the expansion release date and then we can start sizing up the quality of the expansion.
    Or wait for the streamers who have already been playing it for 6-8 months + to get jack of it to start bashing the fuck out of it. Funny thing about giving early access to WoW personalities for free hype, they are inevitably the first to get bored of it when it releases, and majorly influential in pushing that opinion.