Thread: Alcohol Advise

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alcohol Advise

Ok so first I never really was a alcohol fan however I recently got into Kopparberg Pear Cider (mainly because it doesn't taste like alcohol) but I am curious what other alcoholic drinks you recommend that doesn't taste too much like alcohol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Ok so first I never really was a alcohol fan however I recently got into Kopparberg Pear Cider (mainly because it doesn't taste like alcohol) but I am curious what other alcoholic drinks you recommend that doesn't taste too much like alcohol
    http://henryshardsoda.com/?gclid=CJC...e%20soda_pmt_e

I've been digging these. They aren't very strong, but they are incredibly tasty.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Jägerbombs
    Rum & coke
    7up & white wine

10+ Year Old Account
    There are quite a few drinks that don't taste like alcohol. Ciders -- you can look into Lambics if you want a cider-like beer.

There's also alcohol with lemonade and such...punches often lose the alcohol taste. Champagne, soda, and St. Germaine creates a nice sweet drink that doesn't taste strongly like booze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    There are quite a few drinks that don't taste like alcohol. Ciders -- you can look into Lambics if you want a cider-like beer.

There's also alcohol with lemonade and such...punches often lose the alcohol taste. Champagne, soda, and St. Germaine creates a nice sweet drink that doesn't taste strongly like booze.
    Lambics are nice for a casual drink. I like them when entertaining and just hanging out.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.bnektar.com/brews/zombie-killer/

These are pricey per bottle, but they are seriously one of the best alcoholic drinks I have ever had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Lambics are nice for a casual drink. I like them when entertaining and just hanging out.
    They also have a very low alcohol content so are good for drinking without getting boozy.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The Bulmers flavored Ciders are in the same vein, Black Cherry>Blood Orange>Blueberry>Strawberry. Cocktails are everywhere atm too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember trying Southern Comfort and Sprite when I had an upset stomach. It barely tasted alcoholic at all. If you are drinking with others though you might get a bit of flak for drinking a 'girls' drink.

How can it be pear cider that's like calling wine grape beer.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

White russians are delicious and everyone should be enjoying them. Just Kahlua, vodka, and milk.

Even the dude approves.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    I remember trying Southern Comfort and Sprite when I had an upset stomach. It barely tasted alcoholic at all. If you are drinking with others though you might get a bit of flak for drinking a 'girls' drink.
    As a person who has been drinking since I was 14 (now 35) there is no such thing as a 'girls drink'. There is only what you like, and what is hard enough to fit your tolerance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    White russians are delicious and everyone should be enjoying them. Just Kahlua, vodka, and milk.

Even the dude approves.

LOL! Or you can be gross like me, and just drink Vodka and Milk. No Kahlua.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    How can it be pear cider that's like calling wine grape beer.
    Other fruits can be used to make cider-like drinks. The most popular is made from fermented pear juice, known as perry. It is called poiré in France, and produced mostly in Lower Normandy there. A branded sweet perry known as Babycham, marketed principally as a women's drink and sold in miniature Champagne-style bottles, was once popular but has become unfashionable. Another related drink is cyser – cider fermented with honey.

Although not widely made in modern times, various other pome fruits can produce palatable drinks. Apicius, in Book II of De re coquinaria, includes a recipe calling for quince cider.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Southern Comfort is definetly good in terms of taste/degree. Alone with a couple of ice cubes, perfect!
    i couldnt believe it was bourbon the first time I drank it
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheap beer is the best beer that's my motto. Doesn't taste like alcohol it tastes like piss so if you're into that type of stuff

I mostly stick to ciders. In the past I was very fond of straight Gin though, so I'm probably not the best person to make recommendations here.

JK Skrumpy is my current favorite.

Absinthe , give that a whirl

Deleted
    The oldest and simplest drink there is; the screwdriver.

My beer of choice

Tastes amazing, I can drink this because I like it rather than other beers where I literally only drink to get drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Absinthe , give that a whirl
    Better off just drinking Sambuca. It'll get you drunker quicker.

Unless you outside of the U.S. and can get a hold of some really good absinthe. But even at that, it doesn't exactly have the psychedelic effect that some claim it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Jägerbombs
    Rum & coke
    7up & white wine
    rofl

@ OP - stop being a pussy and drink like everyone else, FFS
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.