Thread: Alcohol Advise

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Like that American "Dude"

Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski
    he enjoys marijuana, White Russians, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and bowling.

WHITE RUSSIANS

Kahlua
    Vodka
    Ice
    Milk or cream

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed what seems to taste of "alcohol" to people just depends on personal taste, beyond the obvious things like pure vodka.

There's drinks that I think tastes strongly of alcohol that others tell me hide it completely, and vice versa. Like, beer doesn't taste of alcohol, it tastes of beer. A lot of people who don't drink would chalk dislike of beer up to not liking "alcohol", same with a lot of other types of alcohol that are totally different in taste.

Figure out what exactly it is you don't like. Vodka, gin and whiskey for example are 3 very different tastes that you can't just think of as "alcohol".
    If there's a liquor you can't stand, trying to mask it with lime juice and soda isn't going to help much.

Just try different stuff and when you find something you like (or at least, don't hate) figure out what kind of alcohol is in it and try more types of drinks with that kind until you find something good.

If you really can't find anything you like, sticking to the low-proof high-sugar ones is fine, like cider and alcopop.

Not Your Father's Root Beer is a solid choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabiner View Post
    Not Your Father's Root Beer is a solid choice.
    I saw that at the store, does it actually taste like rootbeer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I saw that at the store, does it actually taste like rootbeer?
    Yeah, it's definitely the best choice for an alcoholic root beer out there right now.

Rum and Coke - make sure to use Captain Morgans spiced Rum or it might taste off
    straight Vodka is good too - Smirnoff or Grey Goose - say what u will about the russians they sure know their vodka.
    Northern Harvest Whiskey - has a nice oak taste to it

best drink i've ever had though is a Golden Draak its pricy though like $4 a bottle comes in a 4 pack.

Deleted
    I'm going to repeat what I said before, and this time use visual aids. If you want a drink that you can enjoy without noticing any alcohol, but also one that isn't complete water or tastes like shit, this is what you go for:

First part:

Second part:

Result:

The ice is optional. Also, if you're really pro, get your hands on a big soda bottle (half a gallon or so), pour the vodka an OJ in it - the strength is up to you, but 1/3 vodka 2/3 OJ works fine - give it a good mix and go on with your day.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-21 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you need an alcoholic drink that doesn't taste like alcohol, when you can just get a non-alcoholic drink?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    He might like the buzz that the alcohol gives without the taste?
    But he said that he had never been into alcohol, so I assumed he wasn't into the buzz either...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Try Turkish Raki or Greek uzo. Uzo is a bit stronger, I prefer Raki. These beverages are consumed with food, preferably red meat or fish (better choice), properly cooked, not fast food.

Ones which doesn't taste like typical alcohol are ones with low % of alcohol or cocktails. I would suggest just try random drinks and enjoy those which ones you like.

If you like Ciders that tasty more like fruit than alcohol, then Rekorderlig is the best bet. It's a very easy drink, I'm sure even a new born baby would have no issue downing a whole bottle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bailey's.

Just straight up Bailey's.