Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

David Hasselhoff is broke: seeking lower alimony payments

David Hasselhoff recently revealed he's broke — despite the hundreds of millions he made off of the hit TV shows "Baywatch" and "Knight Rider."

Hasselhoff, 63, now claims he has less than $4,000 to his name, TMZ reported.

He's fighting to have his ex-wife Pamela Bach's spousal support lowered from $252,000 per year. The pair divorced in 2006 after 17 years or marriage.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2643900

I for one believe that alimony shouldn't be a thing anymore. I really don't see any good reason to have it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

253,000 every year for 10 years lol could he not fight that in court? no way i would keep paying my ex for 10 years.

Deleted
    Patriarchy at work right there

I could take care of 7 families with that money......

Always enjoy the Hoff, hope he finds his way to better times.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Patriarchy at work right there
    We are so incompetent aren't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alimony and child support are broken systems in the states.

That is an absurd number wow.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Alimony and child support are broken systems in the states.
    IMO child support has a purpose. Alimony doesn't.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'm not entirely sure of how alimony works but, isn't it supposed to be to maintain a divorced couple children? If all of his children are adults now, why does he still have to pay?

10+ Year Old Account
    $252,000?! What the hell?! I really doubt she needs that much. It can be lowered.

i heard they are bringing back baywatch, maybe he will be in it lol
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1469304/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Of course, but it shouldn't really be payed in money. If I was a father that had to pay child support I rather pay it in stuff that actually goes to the child. Like school supplies, food, clothes or more expensive things like maybe a computer for the child to use.

hasselhoff is a jackass, I wouldn't lower his alimony, im sure he deserves it.

I even believe alimony is dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Alimony is an old system that was meant to support homemakers back in a time when women really didn't have equal rights. Child support is easily exploited, one of my old bosses who does most of the child care anyways has to pay 25% in child support to his ex wife. That is about 2k dollars a month initially. He got a new job and better pay, she took him back to court and it was raised to 2500 a month. She lives off the child support.

Child support has no oversight, money is taken from one parent and simply given to another. Where the money goes, no one but the parent on the other end knows.

I'm sure he's as broke as Fifty Cent claims to be.

Deleted
    Same thing happened to Brendan Fraser, he was paying something like $900,000 a year to his ex while he was going bankrupt himself.

Curse our male priviledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    I'm not entirely sure of how alimony works but, isn't it supposed to be to maintain a divorced couple children? If all of his children are adults now, why does he still have to pay?
    Alimony is not child support. Alimony is money paid to support the spouse, and must be paid until they are remarried. It is a completely asinine concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alimony is a stupid concept in today's world. If a woman is able to make a living herself, she shouldn't get any alimony. It also needs a time period where it ends, because a decade is stupid long.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Of course, but it shouldn't really be payed in money. If I was a father that had to pay child support I rather pay it in stuff that actually goes to the child. Like school supplies, food, clothes or more expensive things like maybe a computer for the child to use.
    That's how child support is supposed to work. Unfortunately it's a corrupt system and former spouses like to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Alimony is an old system that was meant to support homemakers back in a time when women really didn't have equal rights. Child support is easily exploited, one of my old bosses who does most of the child care anyways has to pay 25% in child support to his ex wife. That is about 2k dollars a month initially. He got a new job and better pay, she took him back to court and it was raised to 2500 a month. She lives off the child support.

Child support has no oversight, money is taken from one parent and simply given to another. Where the money goes, no one but the parent on the other end knows.
    I agree that child support is easily exploited and it needs to be rethought. I just think that alimony no longer serves a purpose.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a prenuptial agreement, or you deserve every penny that cunt takes. Seriously, if you couldnt bother to spend 2 hours with your attorney, hammering out a prenup, then i fell bad for ya` son.

If the woman you chose to marry doesnt have a career and cannot support herself without your help, why the FUCK are you marring someone like that in the first place?