Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Which really shouldnt be used as an excuse to leech off your successful ex. I understand for maybe a few years while s/he got back on his/her feet, but i cannot support a decade long reliance on ones ex if she is capable / currently is working.

and really, I find the "accustomed to living at this level" a bunch of baloney anyways. I find it an incredibly flimsy excuse when one can live decently at reasonable wages.
    I like your style Crissi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Just looked online, looks like they were married seventeen years and had two kids together...spousal support is likely justified.

David Hasselhoff is 63 years old, he is from an era where women were expected to be wives/mothers and give up their careers to support their husband and raise children. Cry all you want about spousal support, remember now that most women are working it goes both ways (if you opt out of the job market to be a house husband, or if you made career decisions that adversely affected your career but benefited your spouse, then you too would be entitled to support).

If you don't like it go get a prenup, simple and easy to do. The end.
    His ex is a model/actress. I doubt she is/was in financial trouble because of the divorce.

10+ Year Old Account
    He ain't broke.

He's got some new stuff going, and has a new relationship as it seems.

Besides, had he not been a drunk who couldn't keep his act and himself together, he'd be probably pretty rich still.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    This is why Pacino never married. He's a smart man.
    Indeed - same as other smart, successful men