Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I don't smoke and find the habit irritating in others at best. I wouldn't go so far as to outright ban it but anything that reduces it benefits me so I'm glad for it to die off a little bit.
    It isn't getting banned

Companies are just throwing a hissy fit because their packaging requires big labels which may hinder the companies identity

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Well lets see, off the top of my head. Vape pens, nicotine patches, nicotine gum, cold turkey, behavioral therapy, medicine, combination of all these.

edit: Also I believe there are now step down cigarettes.
    They have been attacking vaping as well. I stopped smoking 4 months ago using it, and so far I breathe better, no longer cough crap up, and can seemingly go longer without really wanting it. Still probably should not vape, but slowly working my way down in nic Mgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    They have been attacking vaping as well. I stopped smoking 4 months ago using it, and so far I breathe better, no longer cough crap up, and can seemingly go longer without really wanting it. Still probably should not vape, but slowly working my way down in nic Mgs.
    The "attack" on vaping makes a lot of sense though.
    It's (or was) completely unregulated, and kids were able to get into it.
    That's definitely wrong on so many levels.
    Vaping is definitely leaps and bounds healthier than smoking. But it is not completely healthy either.
    I am okay with restricting it to acceptable logical handling.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    New tobacco advertising rules
    Following Thursday's ruling, all tobacco packaging in the UK must be uniformly olive green and with large images as health warnings
    So the default colour is like golden virginia tobacco.
    Hand-rolled tobacco must be in the same colour and contain minimum of 30g of tobacco
    Separate EU law also being introduced on Friday
    Under this law, packs of 10 cigarettes will be banned
    Will this help people quit or encourage a 20 a day habit or smoke super fat roll ups

Picture health warnings must cover 65% of the front and back of every packet of cigarettes, with additional warnings on the top
    Menthol cigarettes and skinny "lipstick-style" cigarettes will be banned in the UK by 2020
    WTF are lipstick cigarettes?
    Promotional statements, such as "this product is free of additives" or "is less harmful than other brands", are banned
    Doesn't this harm the incentive to make a slightly safer smoke?
    It's also suspect that there's no proper testing of eliquids.